Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Kids packed off to school, wife doing the food shop, have Trance Xmas on full blast :)

Happy Friday ........

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Postman woke us all up with a large H and M package that was due in 3 working days!! Lots of sticking fillers and Christmas jumpers for the kids. One or two tops may have jumped into the bag! The days are flying I think. Roll on the toy show Friday when I'm off work and the trees up and the Christmas sweets are open!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Free 30 min parking at Dundrum now until 2/12 if you are just going in to collect the something...

https://www.dundrum.ie/news/30-min-free-parking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Happy Friday everyone, what's everyone planned for the weekend?

More decluttering this weekend and tidying the house, get out for walks, probably an Indian take away, watch Strictly, Sunday Roast

I'll meet my pal at some stage tomorrow outside weather permitting with a birthday gift,

Oh into the 40s it is getting real
    Seen on insta someone with the Costa Coffee Christmas cups too that's another sign its getting real

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

SarahLil wrote: »

More decluttering this weekend and tidying the house, get out for walks, probably an Indian take away, watch Strictly, Sunday Roast

I'll meet my pal at some stage tomorrow outside weather permitting with a birthday gift,

Seen on insta someone with the Costa Coffee Christmas cups too that's another sign its getting real

Not much planned myself. Going to deffo tidy the house and get out for walks, aiming for at least 10k step every day this month.

I might even take the Christmas jigsaws down from the attic and get stuck into one of them. I just find if I'm not doing anything I'll end up on the couch wanting snacks. I really want to cut out all unnecessary snacking until Christmas.

Food wise it will be a fakeaway Satay on the SATURDAY night and Steak and Veg on Sunday. Having no carbs with the steak on Sunday as the dreaded Weigh In is Monday morning.

• Advertisement

Another quiet one on the cards, which is great. Probably just do stuff with the kids, out on the bikes/scooters is weather nice, jigsaws or Disney movie if rains. Go round to life some heavy stuff at my folks at some stage and most likely eat stuff i've been thinking about all week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Doing little ourselves. Being off today I've already dropped the kids to school, done the weekly grocery shop, packed it away, gotten washing on the line and another one in the machine, so having a coffee & browsing (on my own time for a change ;)) just stuck on Christmas FM for some tunes while I'm at it.

We did a massive cleanout last week when we were both off so other than a tidy up we've little to do in the house. Will get out for some exercise & watch some tv, like others will be taking it easy on the treats so will try & remain as distracted as much as possible from grazing!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Have christmas FM blaring here this morning while I'm working and it's put me into a great mood - Happy Friday everyone!!

Hoping to get in a 10k walk this weekend, and treat myself with a black forest hot chocolate from Costa :D Starting a bit of shopping this weekend too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

My weekend is looking like a combo of walks and tv.The highlight being strictly on Saturday.
    I'll be starting lectures for the last year of my masters on Saturday the 14th so enjoying my last weekend without study guilt hanging over me!

Its fab outside where I am, sunny but fresh.Perfect walking weather.

My weekend is looking like a combo of walks and tv.The highlight being strictly on Saturday.
    I'll be starting lectures for the last year of my masters on Saturday the 14th so enjoying my last weekend without study guilt hanging over me!

Its fab outside where I am, sunny but fresh.Perfect walking weather.

Your right Aisling put the feet up before the lectures, best of luck

Yeah so nice out I got out for a few steps on my lunch from WFH today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Your right Aisling put the feet up before the lectures, best of luck

Yeah so nice out I got out for a few steps on my lunch from WFH today

It has to be done! I try get out every lunch time or evening .I've been so fed up of wfh that I even went for a walk in the rain earlier in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I’m going to take decorations out of attic this weekend and slowly start decorating. Normally my husband is in the office and comes home to it done, so can’t say anything. This year, there may be a battle

Seeing loads of Christmas adverts appearing tonight in bake off extra slice, dunnes, aldi and Asda do far. Saw the shortened version of the amazon one too. Great to start seeing them in earnest.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 30,493 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was in Aldi tonight and was going to get salted Carmel mince pies. They were dated tenth of
    November or the 26th of October.

I was in Aldi tonight and was going to get salted Carmel mince pies. They were dated tenth of
    November or the 26th of October.

Ooh, will be in Aldi tomorrow, must look out for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,493 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

DvB wrote: »
    Ooh, will be in Aldi tomorrow, must look out for them.

We’ll check the dates!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

DvB wrote: »
    Seeing loads of Christmas adverts appearing tonight in bake off extra slice, dunnes, aldi and Asda do far. Saw the shortened version of the amazon one too. Great to start seeing them in earnest.

Loads on this evening while I was flicking through the channels :) I’m not a fan of the Dunnes ad though

OH get a few new decorations earlier so put them on our small tree.

9VhhMMz.jpg

Autosport wrote: »
    Loads on this evening while I was flicking through the channels :) I’m not a fan of the Dunnes ad though

Agree. Preferred the one before this one, where the dad re-gifts the book to his daughter. Way better.

TRS30 wrote: »
    OH get a few new decorations earlier so put them on our small tree.

9VhhMMz.jpg

Lovely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,475 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I'm sure I'm well behind the curve here but I spent the last hour find through the Lidl and Aldi Christmas catalogues online.
    Must pay a visit to both of them tomorrow to pick up hard copies of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Odeta

New neighbour had a good laugh at me this morning when he met me with my Christmassy hat and scarf. Think it’s good to ease him in slowly ... he ain’t seen nothing yet :)

Heroditas wrote: »
    I'm sure I'm well behind the curve here but I spent the last hour find through the Lidl and Aldi Christmas catalogues online.
    Must pay a visit to both of them tomorrow to pick up hard copies of them!

I love browsing these you cant beat it

Just seen on Christmas fm Instagram they are working with the charity Alone this year
    The stories will have me sobbing I’m always emotional at Christmas
    An old man in his own in the shops can set me off my OH be like what another old man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

Just seen on Christmas fm Instagram they are working with the charity Alone this year
    The stories will have me sobbing I’m always emotional at Christmas
    An old man in his own in the shops can set me off my OH be like what another old man :)

You think you're bad now? Just wait till you have that baby. I turned to mush. That was 15 years ago and it hasn't got any better since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Jude13 wrote: »
    I have been reading it over the past week. The Christmas eve eve pints are my crave.

Christmas eve is without doubt the best day in the pub of the year. Love being in there with the Christmas songs on , all the decorations up, knowing everything is sorted and seeing all the people come in with their last minute gifts .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

tscul32 wrote: »
    You think you're bad now? Just wait till you have that baby. I turned to mush. That was 15 years ago and it hasn't got any better since.

So true!! I actually get so emotional now when any birth scenes are on, just as the baby is given to the mam. Just brings all the lovely memories back.
    Just ordered beautiful decorations for our tree with our names and a dog themed one for our pooch :)

Christmas eve is without doubt the best day in the pub of the year. Love being in there with the Christmas songs on , all the decorations up, knowing everything is sorted and seeing all the people come in with their last minute gifts .

Indeed, one of lifes great little pleasures.

I know it's not for everyone, but I'll miss the craic of 12 pubs, or going to the Beer tent in the Galway Christmas market. Those were the nights we'd be guaranteed to have the whole gang together, in our ugly Christmas jumpers. People would be home from abroad, or even just from the other side of the island. I'll miss those merry eejits this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Slowly starting the decorating - first up the kids Christmas tree, in rainbow colors a la the home edit

Advertisement