Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,496 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Is he driving home for Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Missing Iceland dearly

Was handy for picking up random products

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Their freezer sections at this time of year was heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

Yeah missing it too, feeling out of sorts not doing my annual visit this year, as would have normally been going in & filling the freezer full of delicious desserts for over the Christmas period.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

In good news, it looks like I might get to finish Thursday lunchtime which would be awesome. Kids school concerts tomorrow; I'm really looking forward to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Logged on here yesterday but I hadn’t the head to post its not looking like my mam will be out of hospital for Christmas she is going to have to do some rehab for elders I have wrapped my head around it now and just going to do the best I can

Nipped to the local shopping centre this morning I had ran out of cards, needed some extra gift bags we got in and out easily enough, just chocolate and wine gifts left, big shop coming Friday morning then it’s just fresh veg to be bought, got some extra desserts that I can take into my mam

Lots of sickness about lots of masks been worn in the shops this morning, I’ll happily slow down now in the run up to things

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

After avoiding it for a while, I've caught the flu that's going around. Absolutely dying. Throwing back lemsip and as many Vitamin C sources as possible so it's out of me ASAP.

I hope you feel better soon@antimatterx

now is the time get cosy on the sofa watch something you like be kind to yourself (I hear those day/night combo meds are great I can’t take them myself because of other meds)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Daughter came home from school early today with what appears to be a vomiting bug... so operation isolation has commenced! Hoping its just a 24 hour thing & she doesn't pass it on to anyone else. We've had an awful run of things one after another since our holiday in July so hope we catch a break for Christmas now.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Sorry to hear about your mom @SarahLil , I know it must be disappointing that she won't be home but hopefully she will be back with you soon.

Hope you feel better soon @antimatterx , I know a few people who have been floored with that flu.

I know everybody is up the walls with work this week so I feel a bit guilty saying this but I'm having a great week, shopping, catching up with friends, lunching and really enjoying it. I'm pretty organised with only the fresh veg etc to get on Thursday or Friday so I'm very chilled. Hopefully I haven't jinxed myself and no-one gets sick.

• Advertisement

@Cork Lass delighted to hear you are having a lovely week xx long may it continue

I am embracing slowing down, it’s all out of my control regarding having my mam home for Christmas, OH picked up the remaining chocolate wine gifts this evening, mam improving day by day, I am sitting down now with a G&T crackers and cheese ‘Tis is the season’ currently watching after life and it’s giving us a laugh

OH off for the next 2 days, breakfast in his job Friday home by lunchtime for ‘The Puddin’ as he would say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭Dickie10

Im in a quare quandry, I sort of had a mini lapse and realised it was 18th of december and not a crib or christmas tree up in the house, went up to the attic and no tree, i dont know whwere i put it last year it was january 7th putting it away, havent a clue what i did with it, if it dosent turn up i may go to the bog and cut a real one down

Quiet on here Elves happy 20th December

Going to doing some wrapping shortly while the little one naps

Last full day of work for me hopefully & feel like I can't catch my breath with all that has to be done. Popped out early for the kids concert, it was lovely! Hoping I can finish tomorrow afternoon & put the feet up.

I've managed to get all the presents wrapped over the last two nights; still didn't write my Christmas cards so think that is a non-runner at this point. We've our eldest's birthday party on Saturday as well to keep us extra busy! But luckily, I've somehow managed to wrangle it that our cleaner is coming on Saturday while we are out which majorly takes the home pressure off!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,676 ✭✭✭✭L1011

So many obvious last day emails being sent by people today including the director in work; also two things which have been rumbling along for ages have been wrapped up today.

But I'm in til Friday. May bring an extra book in to read in the office tomorrow if nobody is going to be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

Two more days left in work and the theory is that they should be wind down days but we'll see.

Birthday today, 51 years young. It is true what they say, the older you are the quicker the year goes.

Hope everyone's prep for the big day is going well.

In reality we finish up today, we're all tomorrow but finish at 12 to head out for Christmas lunch & a few drinks. There'll be 1 or 2 small things to get done but the pressure is more or less off now. Thankfully got here without any disasters (that i'm aware of anyway) so looking forward to the more relaxed atmosphere tomorrow & a few creamy pints of stout!

Had a meeting this afternoon with a potential new client that went really well so nice to end the year on a positive, even if it ultimately doesnt work out & they go elsewhere, nice to finish on a good vibe.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Happy Birthday @BK5

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Welcome to the club @BK5

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy birthday BK5. It was my birthday yesterday I hit the big 4-0. Not ready for that milestone I tell ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Happy Birthday @BK5 and for yesterday @Loughc 🙂🙂

It was mY last day in work today so I was up the walls closing out on every last bit. But I’m free now. The holidays can begin!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,496 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Nearly double digits in the hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

Finished up in work, back January 5th. Can’t wait to relax over the Christmas break.

• Advertisement

Belated birthday wishes @BK5 & @Loughc!

Last day in work for me (hopefully).

Advertisement