Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

SarahLil wrote: »
    I love those days over Christmas having picky bits for dinner, crackers, nice breads, cheese, antipasti meats, vol au vents, finger food...yummy
    Nyom nyom, can't wait! Especially since I'll try and get some spiced beef and a nice batch for sambos this year. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Yeah I had a Christmas day in my early 20's ruined with a massive hangover.

Still holding off till Christmas fm launches for the music, movie, decs and booze.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

My Christmas tree is up. :D

Shhhhh - don't tell anyone (it's too sooooooooon) ;)

Pics or it didnt happen!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Two of my neighbours in the houses us behind have their Christmas trees up! :)

The wife and myself were talking and we have so much to put up we are going to do it in stages, general decorations and wreaths first, then the tree and then the outside of the house. Going to start next Saturday and over the course of next week should have everything done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Saw about 6 or 7 trees up yesterday evening, by far the earliest I've ever seen. A few of my wife's friends have theirs up too and boasted with pics on Facebook! Fair play, but I'll still be holding off until the 27th. Even for me that's a tad earlier than I normally would, last year for example was the first time I ever had the tree up in November.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Is 27th Christmas fm launch? That is the first day of my weekend so I am doing the same day as you.

Jude13 wrote: »
    Is 27th Christmas fm launch? That is the first day of my weekend so I am doing the same day as you.

No, Saturday 28th is the launch. So will have to play Christmas FM online as we put our decorations & tree up this year. That or have trace christmas on the TV.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    No, Saturday 28th is the launch. So will have to play Christmas FM online as we put our decorations & tree up this year. That or have trace christmas on the TV.

On the bio on ChristmasFM website they say we are live on FM frequencies between 28th Nov to 27th Dec each year (licence pending), so it must be the dates every year now going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Deja Boo wrote: »

Mine is up since 1st Nov. Eeeks!!, a full month earlier than usual but what the heck, my LC daughter wanted it up and I thought she has enough to deal with this year, no harm to help keep her happy at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

tscul32 wrote: »
    You think you're bad now? Just wait till you have that baby. I turned to mush. That was 15 years ago and it hasn't got any better since.

Awh thanks, now I know I am not alone x
    Sometimes you just have to let it out :)

Morning all

I didn't get as much decluttering done the weekend as I would have liked but I did make serious progress on the present front

I might break my jobs down into little bits and do them day by day

I agree Littlehorny I will be doing it bit by bit
    If I remember correctly I might have packed them in this order in the attic take down the bits and pieces to put around the place first, then the tree

I haven't listened to Christmas FM yet but I will for decorating and I imagine with launch day on a Saturday I will most certainly be at home if restrictions are lifted early I wouldn't be out and about at that time of day, I am an early shopper I like to be in at the crack of dawn

• Registered Users Posts: 68,676 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Christmas cups are appearing in coffee places - Pita Pit has them anyway

Children at the back of my house have a Christmas decoration on their bedroom window :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Elf2 was telling Elf3 that it was Christmas this morning in the car. She is only gone 18 months so pretty sure she had no idea what he was talkinga bout :D

These are the cutest https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1325702162400251904?s=24

I think I need one

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Our Christmas afternoon tea at the Westbury has just been cancelled.

A nice lady just called to say they will be operating at level 3 even if the government have it lower come December as they will find it difficult to have social distancing etc (under level 2).

Sort of expected it but :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Deja Boo wrote: »

Deja Boo, please please share a pic with us !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

SarahLil wrote: »
    These are the cutest https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1325702162400251904?s=24

I think I need one

Fair play to him!! If he hits his target, that's €20,000!! He has a bright future ahead of him ;) Wishing him continued success :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

McDonald’s festive menu has launched going on sale Nov 17th.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/shopping-deals/mcdonalds-unveil-christmas-menu-including-22979742

Celebrations McFlurry looks the winner.

Jamaican jerk chicken and a bigger Big Mac are as Christmas as it comes sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Our Christmas afternoon tea at the Westbury has just been cancelled.

A nice lady just called to say they will be operating at level 3 even if the government have it lower come December as they will find it difficult to have social distancing etc (under level 2).

Sort of expected it but :(

The Gaiety panto was cancelled too. Well, rescheduled to 2021 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,495 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Loughc wrote: »
    McDonald’s festive menu has launched going on sale Nov 17th.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/shopping-deals/mcdonalds-unveil-christmas-menu-including-22979742

Celebrations McFlurry looks the winner.

Jamaican jerk chicken and a bigger Big Mac are as Christmas as it comes sure.

It’s 12KM away! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

I have 2 within walking distance ðŸ˜. Not going to help my diet though.😕

tscul32 wrote: »
    I have 2 within walking distance ðŸ˜. Not going to help my diet though.😕

I have 2 nearby as well. Just need to make it to the last Friday in November....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I have one within walking distance, and three within walking distance of work. Great and terrible, in equal measures. :pac:

Haven't eaten McDonalds in years, even Burger King i haven't gone near in a couple of years. As much as I love a burger i'd prefer Eddie Rocketts myself. Even the twins, as much as they like McD's when given the option they pick Eddie Rocketts every time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Haven't eaten McDonalds in years, even Burger King i haven't gone near in a couple of years. As much as I love a burger i'd prefer Eddie Rocketts myself. Even the twins, as much as they like McD's when given the option they pick Eddie Rocketts every time too.

Would be the same. Had a Burger King about 3 years ago. Was on a stag and felt terrible the next day. It was obviously the food :D

My local Eddie rockets now deliver. Got one on my week off. Oh my god it was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Brownthomas Christmas window is up the theme "dreaming of" not very little kid xmasy imo. I'll be waiting until either 1st Sunday of december or the8th to put up the decorations.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

It’s 12KM away! :(

I’d say that you’d just about work off the McFlurry if you walked there and back :pac::pac:

Advertisement