Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Exactly @miamee great way at looking at it

I like this one…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

We do have a dryer but with the price of electric, I only use it to run the clothes through for 5 mins before I fold them. I have a Sheila's Maid though & it is the best money I've spent in terms of general household equipment. There are 5 of us so I opted for a big one from here: https://theoldmillstores.ie/product/sheila-maid-ceiling-clothes-airer/

But Homestore also have a small one for much less: https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/clothes-airers/edwardian-airer/142087.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAqNSsBhAvEiwAn_tmxSm5BryfhDOz-ICQy_0j0KKkRySHxmIQUWkYiQlnWx5of3PhPxkpcRoCw5IQAvD_BwE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Off to the airport now, have to go abroad for a couple of days with work. Will post any Christmas related pics. We will take down the decorations this Saturday then and that will be it until November 30th....yes I am that insane that I'm already thinking about it 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Finalised our Summer Hols at lunchtime - delighted with myself now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Brilliant great to have something to look forward to

Missed the posts earlier on dechristmasfying the house I had thought about it but boxes in the attic I need the OH to take them down the closest I will get is packing away Christmas clothing, Christmas accessories

Still have the Christmas placemats on the table it will look so bare when they are packed away

Spoke to the Mrs at lunchtime, she is WFH nowadays & said she's sick of looking at the decorations & wants to get the house back to normal. So we may not make it to the weekend after all, though I suspect we're so tired in the evenings that we'll be leaving the tree's & external lights until then in reality.

To be fair to her, I bet I'll be the same when I get home this evening. Most years I get very little enjoyment from the decorations after we go back to work & feel like we're flogging a dead horse for the Christmas season feels.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Just discovered half a box of Quality Street under the tree that I thought we'd finished...hehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

I was in Stephen's Green Shopping Centre earlier & while rushing out I passed Cassidy's Travel which had a display rack of brochures inside the door, just about caught a glimpse of Christmas Markets Brochures, should be in again on Friday so going to pick one up for possible future travel ideas.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I took the tree down today myself but all outdoor lights and indoor light up ornaments are staying up until Monday morning.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I've the bits and pieces down and in a big bag waiting to be attic-ed. Think I'll turn the tree off Friday night, to come down Saturday. I usually want to have it still there for Little Christmas but think it would be too miserable to take it down and put it away on Sunday!

I'll definitely leave my pop up hall and kitchen trees up until Candlemas. Then it'll be nearly time for my Easter wreath and garland to cheer the place up again!

Came home to the Mrs having taken down and packed away pretty much all our inside decorations. Just the external lights and decorations to be looked after now.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

Wife and myself just talked about the decorations earlier as well. She is going to start taking down the bits that are all over the place tomorrow.

By Saturday the tree, the garland on the fireplace and the external lights and decs will all that will be left.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,475 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I'm away with work from tomorrow morning until Friday night but the plan is for herself to start taking a load of stuff down until there's just the lights and tree as well as the outside stuff left. We'll then do them on Sunday because we have visitors on Saturday. That be that for another year.

Oh and the bedclothes need to be changed, washed and put away

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Anyone watching the darts tonight? Some final

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Class. Can't believe how fast Luke Littler gave up his lead. Felt like seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Just watching the darts here...can feel my stress levels rising!😄 My brother in law is over at it...some atmosphere I'd say!

We'll be leaving decorations up till Saturday. Hubby is back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off. I'll be home with the 4 and 1 year old tomorrow....say a prayer for me 😆

• Advertisement

Delighted for Humphries, he's a class act.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,475 ✭✭✭Heroditas

That was such a high quality final. Great end to the tournament and Christmas 💪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Took the reindeer antler and nose off the car this morning. My OH has taken down most of the decorations in the house, just need to pack the trees up. I need to completely re-arrange the shed to accommodate them, this PM along with taking down the external lights and reindeer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm going to get a skip in the spring to clear out my attic and shed, just random bits knocking about, like old chairs etc taking up space. Love having a clear out. 😁

Morning lovely bright morning out there

Christmas tree still going strong here

Had to bite the bullet this morning and do Dr online I am awake coughing most of the night I don’t want to take any chances with my asthma ended up with inflamed lung last year after repeated visits with a doctor in GP practice not listening to me

Good luck today @jellybear 😀

As I'm WFH today I've been told that if I'm not too busy I've to get the external lights down this afternoon/evening so we can sort out the attic storage space. Having bought more new christmas lights to add to the already crowded storage space something needs to be done, can see a clearout being carried out in the next few weeks.

I do love a good clearout, very therapeutic.

Someone said to me set a goal to get 3 things out of your house a day you don't need or want anymore even if it's something small, I was like 3 things sure that's nothing but then you realise that's 21 things a week each and every week and all of a sudden you can notice some more space and less clutter in the house.

As I'm WFH for the first time since Christmas I've taken the wife's lead & put away all my little home office Christmas bits & changed the Christmas desktop background on my PC to a winter one. TBH with the day being bright & sunny its been a lot easier to look ahead & just get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dubstepper

As some point you are sitting in a bare room?! 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

Dare I be the first to say a bit of a stretch in the evenings? 😄 But seriously I was in the back garden at 5:00 and it wasn't totally dark. Another couple of weeks and we'll really a difference.

Advertisement