Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I counted 5 houses in our estate with all their decorations up and lit as I drove home this evening. Heading out for a walk now so will keep an eye out for more.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

Just had another Christmas dinner. Birthday elf asked for ham like with Christmas dinner. But then added roast parsnips and both mash and roast spuds cos "I only got one roastie on Christmas day". So we decided what the hell and also got a turkey crown, did 2 stuffings and creamy parmesan sprouts, aswell as carrots and sweetcorn. OMG it was delicious.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oooh yum, that sounds good! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dubstepper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Try it with tagliatelle or parpadelle like the Italians, much better 😍😍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

That’s sounds up my street 👌will definitely try that

That sounds divine @tscul32

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

After being let down by our painter in November we have a new guy starting on Wednesday so house is particularly bare. It’ll be nice when it’s done but it’s pretty bleak now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I do love the smell of fresh paint always reminds me of the runup to Christmas in my childhood home, my parents were constantly painting the house just before Christmas. We painted the spare bedroom this year before the baby arrived and the smell still hits me every now and then and it’s an instant nostalgic hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Well, I'm back in January because we're having Christmassy weather.

Of course, we couldn't have it when I could look out the window and enjoy it. Oh no, we get it when we all have to travel to and from work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

Went for dinner in the city centre last night and very surprised at the amount of houses still lit up with decorations on the drive home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Snap!!!

I painted a couple of doors in November and the smell of paint brought me straight into Christmas.

I always remember one of the rooms would get a makeover on the lead up to Christmas.

Thinking about it, my dad always gave up drinking in November (for the souls or something.....no dry January in the 80's) so I'd say it was my mam making use of his time at home 😂

Out on site in Grangecastle and whilst it's dry it's absolutely freezing cold. Car says 4 degrees but it feels considerably colder than that.

Looking forward to getting back to my desk and a hot cup of coffee already.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Chilly out but have arranged to meet a friend for a walk at lunchtime so looking forward to getting out and some fresh air. I can take the cold once it's not raining.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lads the wind out there would almost slice you in half!

Exterior lights all taken down now. Next stop attic until end of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Went for a lovely walk earlier. Had plenty layers, a neck buff and hat and gloves so was warm enough but it’s definitely a cold one today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Going out for a walk now. I'm going to die 🤣

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Be careful! 😂

We're back training tonight, suspect come 7pm it will be baltic! Best break out the thermals!!

• Advertisement

In fairness if you can avoid the big gusts of wind it’s actually a lovely day out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I always tend to walk around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Was in the park with my dog and it tore the face off me. Outside the park was grand though.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dubstepper

I went for a run last night in shorts. It took me about ten mins just to get over the shock of the cold before entering the realm of hurt due to my lack of exercise!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

My lunchtime walk was in a circle, so 50% of it was enjoyable. My phone says the current temperature is 4°, but it feels -3° and it definitely felt that cold when the wind was in my face.

Any ideas what I can replace this with out of season? It’s surprisingly super bright and will be missed in the evenings. It sat on a shelf above the tv in the sitting room.

For something as basic as a star there's an argument that it could be left up all year around, or least during the dark winter months.

I know we have small lengths of fair lights that we keep lit throughout the winter (we have them mixed through some glass vases that have coloured twig decorations) and whilst they were bought with Christmas packaging we keep them up throughout the year.

Lovely walk this morning but it definitely feels much colder today then it is actually saying

Finished Slow Horses series last night I would recommend if anyone looking for something to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 68,666 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I left out the last few part burnt Christmas candles rather than put them away for next year; and the Lego winter village is staying out for a bit as its not explicitly Christmas now is it (I should probably put the Lego trees away...)

• Advertisement

Actually we use up the scented christmas candles also, we tend to just buy new ones in the build up each year.

Advertisement