Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yes!! I love that sound.

Just back from walking my two pooches, it’s like walking in a winter wonderland out there. So sad the wind and rain are coming back with force tomorrow 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A cup of te

Loving this weather even though I've had to drive around the last few days. Its fine though once you take your time. Where it gets dangerous really is when you've got snow. That's a whole other kettle of fish when there's layers of that on the road!

Love the crunch sound of the grass too! Saw the odd house still rocking the Christmas lights while driving home from Dublin in the early hours of the morning.

@BK5 you could always hang out and buy from Lidl later this ywar. I thought I paid something really cheap, like less than a fiver for it. Its fantastic though. Totally protects windscreen and wing mirrors. Such a simple fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Make the most of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

There was a lovely sunrise this morning. I could see the sky starting to glow when I opened the curtains shortly after 07:30. It's lovely to see the days getting longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

TGIF! Made it the end of the week - yahoo!

Roads are absolutely terrible here - just layers of ice now. My heart was in my mouth dropping the kiddos this morning. Hoping to get out for a walk at lunchtime though, the sun is shining :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I feel like I am not ready for the days to get longer, I haven't made the most of the dark nights, lol. I think I am enjoying a hibernating January and don't want it to end yet.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Frost is melting rapid out there. Lunchtime walks will be good.

Considering the weather coming this weekend hibernation may be the only option!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Tonight's training has just been cancelled as pitch still frozen ....I said it to himself and he poo-poo'd me ...so now I get to do "I told you so" and also delighted training is cancelled....I'll take the 2 wins 😂😅😅

Now just need Sundays match to be cancelled!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

Lunchtime walk was treacherous. Cross country so mud was thawing on top and sliding over still frozen underneath.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

Strange day. Warmest day in a week and it felt colder than some of the other days this week at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

Have to be up for work this morning so hopefully it doesn't rain too much, at least I'm not clearing frost off the car for the spin to work. I know we love the Christmas card look of frosty mornings but for me personally freezing conditions only make my job harder so glad to see the back of it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

I hope the wind and rain don’t impact your job as it’s set to be a rough weekend!

Just on the weather met Eireann have issues the above. So tie down your bins, trampolines, bouncy castles, etc., tomorrow and make sure all devices are charged early during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Hasn't stopped raining here all day and windy bring back the frosty mornings and the cold.

Only started raining here now, but wind is building all day, give me a winter wonderland anytime!

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

Tough enough day, didn't get out of there till 2:30pm Saturday is overtime after all and had to go back up there this evening at 8:30pm to check something. If we get a power cut tomorrow that will effect my job also. 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Started raining just after our match finished and hasn't stopped since. Wind picked up last night too but is worse now. Fun day indoors ahead by the looks of it.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Lashing rain here and windy but who cares. Have nothing planned. Getting stuff done around the house and will settle down and watch some TV after. Off abroad with work again next week so I will enjoy the time with the wife and child while I can.

So dark all day. Definitely an indoor day today. Hopefully the storm wont be as bad as expected.

Stay safe everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,664 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Lego Winter Village packed away, as I need the space it was in to put other stuff out of the way of another stage of the renovation from hell.

There's a teeny stub of scented candle left to get through the storm tonight, then it'll be back to neutral/normal until, well, October probably.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I still haven't put away my crib oops- it can stay up until Candlemas now along with my kitchen tree! 🎄

• Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Went to put the bins out for collection tomorrow, not a chance, reckon the bins and their contents would be in another post code by morning!

Hope this has blown itself out by morning as I've to drive to Sligo tomorrow!!🫣

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

It's getting rough here now have to go out too take my 2 boys to catch bus back to Dublin.

Christmas tree lights and curtain lights (lights that cascade down the wall like a curtain) still twinkling away.

Lovely on a day like this!

Himself started making noises about taking it down this weekend.

I said leave it as with a storm coming it be nice to have the lights on (plus I was no more in the humour of tackling it)

It will be down this week when the kids go to school.

The curtain stays up all year round...I'm not a fan of it but he loves it , not a hill I'm prepared to die on 😂

• Advertisement

Watched Mary Poppins earlier , chocolates opened and tree twinkling it was a mini Christmas!

Advertisement