Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭beachhead

Neighbour-ex Guinness repeated same many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Beautiful morning out there. I love Spring mornings when they start out bright but chilly & you know, it'll be a lovely day. We have a birthday in the house so will be finishing work early so that we can have a little tea party :)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Andrew93

Rough viewing this week with the lack of new posts each time I get a chance to pop in.

Hope everyone is doing good and looking forward to the couple of long weekends this month!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I got struck down yesterday with a stomach bug. Man I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Had a lovely weekend. Got to bring the two boys down to see my parents my mam was only delighted to meet the baby for the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A cup of te

Started eating the last Christmas pudding the other day. It's so nice on the cold days lately to put a slice on the microwave and have it with a cup of tea.

I would've loved to get out and play in the snow the other day but work put paid to that. It was so nice to look out at it and remember Christmas :)

I hope you're better, LoughC. I had that awful stomach bug back in January. I drank a good bit of milk afterwards as apparently it's as good as any of those sports drinks or solutions for boosting your electrolytes. I have had some sort of a cold lately which has ultimately led to labyrinthitis or bppv which I hope goes away soon. It's like vertigo but only very brief episodes. Still very annoying.

Starting to think of the summer and warm long evenings now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Another lovely Spring morning out there again today. I didn't have to turn the light on when I got out of bed for the first time this year. I love noticing little things like that as the year passes us by.

Heard the sad news this morning that Saoirse Ruane passed away during the week. She was one of the amazing kids on the Toy Show 2020. Usually, I wouldn't remember the kids on the Toy Show each year, but 2020 being the year it was, and they somehow managed to pick even more remarkable children than normal, they have all stuck in my mind. Life can be so cruel. "Fly now with the angels Saoirse."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Ah no, was that the little girl that had lost her leg? If so i remember her being on the toy show. So sad.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Devastating news :(

• Advertisement

Those of you who live in Waterford, are the slots in Tramore open every day? I've the week off and a major hankering for the slots :- P i think a visit is in order. I may get my car fixed first though!

I don’t live there but I think they are open all week yes

• Registered Users Posts: 68,664 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Tramore in Winter, outside of the school holiday weeks, is grim.

Back in the depths of the recession I stayed in the only hotel open on weeknights, and I think I was the only customer. Hot water for the shower only came on at 8:00. No other cars parked up.

At breakfast, one local auld lad who obviously ate their every day came in and it was just us in the giant breakfast room.

Had a similar experience during the hardest covid lockdowns, had to spend nights in westport with work midweek, literally 2 or 3 cars in the car park, hotel restaurant closed at 6pm and breakfast set at 8am with 3 people in the room, most nights I got back and everything was shut for the night and had to drive to a local chippy for food and ate in the car or back in the room. Was grim and I hated it. The only bonus was the drive on empty roads was a break from lockdowns.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Happy mothers day to all the mums on here, hope you all have a great day and are spoiled rotten.

Day for the ducks out there. Bed down and spend the day spoiling the mam’s in your life.

Thanks, folks. Ah, I always pay a visit to Tramore in December when Winterval is on in Waterford city and the slots always seem to be open so I'm presuming they will be. I don't think I'll be heading down till next weekend anyway as I've a creaky car clutch that needs seeing to! There's to be high tides till Tuesday also.

Awful weather! I love winter and the cold and dark but even I need a bit of warmth and sunshine at this stage :-) roll on warm, sunny days! Happy Mother's Day to all the mammies.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mammies on here.

I haven't posted on here in over a week as my own mother has been in hospital since last weekend. Her condition has been getting worse for the last 4 or 5 months so an ambulance had to be called for her, poor Dad was sick with worry. She is still in but has improved a lot but we have been talking that after hospital she probably will have to go into respite care and then a care home as she's not well enough for Dad to be able to take care of her at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Slots will be open. I can't tell you what times etc but they do be open. Head down along the prom to a small coffee shop called Molly's, go upstairs and you can sit in the window looking out at the sea. The Vee Bistro is a nice spot for lunch or else enjoy some Dooleys Chipper. Seagull Bakery is sensational and as good as anything you will get on this island. Good spot for breads, cakes, coffee etc.

If you fancy a small walk , check out the doneraile walk, you walk along the cliffs overlooking the sea, it's some view. Few benches to sit and take it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Sorry to hear that @BK5, I hope she makes a good recovery.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your kind words but what she has is terminal and we will have to see how long she still has with us 💔

so sorry to hear this. Here any day if you ever need someone to vent to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

So sorry to hear that @BK5

A very difficult time for you all. Hope you find a suitable place where your mam will be comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

So sad to hear. Thinking of you all. A terrible situation to be going through.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Sorry to hear you're going such through a tough time, @BK5. I hope the hospital have made her more comfortable. 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

@BK5 sorry to hear about your Mum, I hope is as comfortable as can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr Disco

How’d you end up staying there if you don’t mind me asking?

Thanks very very much for the messages, was in two minds about saying anything to be honest but I'm glad I did. Mam is comfortable at present and should be okay for a while now but if her lung condition got worse or more aggressive then we'd have to see how she'd cope.

She is being very well looked after where she is so thanks to everyone for the support, we always say that this is the best place on the internet 🎄😊

• Registered Users Posts: 68,664 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Work. Was a field engineer a number of jobs ago

• Advertisement

As good as that may be its still a rough time for any family, remember to look after yourself as well. And as mentioned above if you need to vent feel free to do so here or via DM. Always happy to lend an ear!

Advertisement