Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

Happy Birthday Freshpopcorn :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,495 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Thanks for the Birthday wish! (They got the stats up a bit also.)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

6 weeks to the big day!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Happy Friday eleves :)

Nearly in the 30s and is a lovely dry, crisp wintery morning out there.

Have a good day guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Always say, you k ow its Christmas when the crowd on After Hours have threads bemoaning the fact that christmas adverts have started or suchlike, & lo & behold we're off & running.

FTR, I know someone on here was asking about Graces7, well she popped up in that thread & mentioned that she ran out of this forum or suchlike. Had to challenge her post though so may be opening a can of worms for myself over there.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

DvB wrote: »
    Always say, you k ow its Christmas when the crowd on After Hours have threads bemoaning the fact that christmas adverts have started or suchlike, & lo & behold we're off & running.

FTR, I know someone on here was asking about Graces7, well she popped up in that thread & mentioned that she ran out of this forum or suchlike. Had to challenge her post though so may be opening a can of worms for myself over there.

I have stopped going in there all together. Couldn't take the cr@p that people were saying and realised that it was bad for my blood pressure and health in general!!

Edit: PS. happy to break my rule and pop over if you need any help DvB, however I'm sure you have it covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Happy Friday everyone, WFH today and have my cinnamon candle burning :)

Ah cant stand the moaning in general in day to day life from people moaning about Christmas, I have never been over there on that part of the forum

I hope your ok over there DvB fair play for doing your bit

What's everyones plans for the weekend?
    I plan to get out in fresh air get the steps in, if its fine might get to the grave yard tidy up the grave
    More prep at home for me, for the decorations going up, maybe even do some decorating
    My mams birthday too tomorrow so will pick up flowers, a cake to go along with her presents maybe order in some food too while we are there, we are in a bubble with my mam as she needs my help day to day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Thanks for the Birthday wish! (They got the stats up a bit also.)

Belated Happy Birthday wishes, Freshopopcorn !

Coincidence or destiny ! for many the 12 Nov is the first official day of the Season, just after Remembrance day !
    Hope you had a great day !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Posy wrote: »
    6 weeks to the big day!! :D:D

:eek: :D

Have a good week-end all !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Gifts I had ordered started arriving this morning, it’s like Santa’s grotto here :D Now to wrap or not

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    Gifts I had ordered started arriving this morning, it’s like Santa’s grotto here :D Now to wrap or not

Go ahead and wrap my one sure and I'll take it off your hands early! Thanks Auto! :D

Go ahead and wrap my one sure and I'll take it off your hands early! Thanks Auto! :D

Nice Santa paper on yours so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

eviltwin wrote: »
    Bought my first gift today. A towelling bathrobe and tea subscription for my daughter.

Put my tree up at the weekend and bought a few festive smelling candles from Lidl. I need something to cheer me up.

What tea subscription? I was looking for one for my sister in law and couldn’t find one for Ireland.

Also I see the Tesco Christmas slots were released in the Uk. Have they been released here yet or will they? I won’t be able to go shopping so hoping to nab a slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Just watched the John Lewis Christmas ad, not their best. Love the SuperValu one this year, the McDonalds one made me cry. Any other good ones. One of my favourite of all time is the Lidl one from few years ago, the family gathering at the old homestead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Tesco slots not being offered (from what i saw) til late November

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭matchthis

Mind blown watching fairytale of New York just now. Matt Dillon (Somethings about Mary) is the police officer at the start of the music video

60-F43-E15-CACB-45-EC-B807-CD33-B622-F3-A5.png

“The video for the song was directed by Peter Dougherty and filmed in New York during a bitterly cold week in November 1987. ... Part of the video was filmed inside a real police station on the Lower East Side. Actor Matt Dillon plays a police officer who arrests MacGowan and takes him to the cells“

60-F43-E15-CACB-45-EC-B807-CD33-B622-F3-A5.png

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »

Just to jump in here, Graces7 wasn't ran out of here in the slightest, she got asked a fair question by another poster and she never responded. That was the last I heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,676 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Loughc wrote: »
    Just to jump in here, Graces7 wasn't ran out of here in the slightest, she got asked a fair question by another poster and she never responded. That was the last I heard of it.

She also stopped posting in the food forum when asked basically the same question, oddly.

On Christmassy stuff, Insomnia has the Christmas cups now; at least for all sizes except ginormous in the one near work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

Supervalu Christmas delivery slots released this week. I managed to nab one for December 23rd. Probably be about 10pm before the poor driver gets to us as we’re in the sticks, but anyways. I can’t be dealing with grocery shops near Christmas, just pandemonium.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Dropping a sneak litttle Stat in the chat thread.

The chat thread 3 reached 1,640 posts in less than 2 months.

The chat thread 2 took 5 months to reach that number of posts.

• Advertisement

Some of us have a little spare time :D

Run out of the Christmas forum......you have more chance riding out on a unicorn!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Nobody on here should take it personally. She's quite a character!

Maybe we will change the subject now. :)

LOUGHC, WE NEED ANOTHER STAT, STAT. :pac:

Posy wrote: »
    Maybe we will change the subject now. :)

LOUGHC, WE NEED ANOTHER STAT, STAT. :pac:

At this rate we can name the 4th chat thread that soon :pac:

At this rate we can name the 4th chat thread that soon :pac:

So we could have had a Covid one!! :p

Caranica wrote: »
    So we could have had a Covid one!! :p

Don't blame me I voted for "Stuff the pandemic- its time to talk turkey" :P

D7fUyBr.jpg?1

Don't blame me I voted for "Stuff the pandemic- its time to talk turkey" :P

So not my Ho Ho Hovid :(

I bought Christmas cards for the first time in years this week. I'd given up on doing them but this year feels like it needs cards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

screamer wrote: »
    Supervalu Christmas delivery slots released this week. I managed to nab one for December 23rd. Probably be about 10pm before the poor driver gets to us as we’re in the sticks, but anyways. I can’t be dealing with grocery shops near Christmas, just pandemonium.

Just a little word of warning with this. You might put a plan B in place because they rang me on Christmas Eve eve to say they'd no turkeys left and I ended up going into town anyway!

Advertisement