Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

polydactyl wrote: »
    What tea subscription? I was looking for one for my sister in law and couldn’t find one for Ireland.

Also I see the Tesco Christmas slots were released in the Uk. Have they been released here yet or will they? I won’t be able to go shopping so hoping to nab a slot.

I ordered some Irish Teas off this site haven’t arrived yet so can’t report quality but they do some lovely gift sets
    https://www.thebusybotanist.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Wow Mystery Egg I cant believe that about the shopping Christmas Eve Eve

The OH has been doing the grocery shop since March, I think I might do a big shop online wth the new Dunnes App thingy just for all the goodies non perishables/stocking fillers/toy show supplies and chocolate tokens to go with gifts its between our house and my mams so I really need to be the one to do it I think its the only way around it,

I will miss the hype of it, but I would usually have started by now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Anyone taste the after eight or black forest hot drinks from Costa yet? Might have to venture out tomorrow...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

SarahLil wrote: »

I really like it. God the toy show could be pure misery this year or an emotional wreck show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Where did ye buy wrapping paper?? I could do with getting some. Also I wrapped last year for Santa. My first time. I don't know if it brought much more excitement to them?? I really did it for the 15 year old to make him work extra for his presents.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Where did ye buy wrapping paper?? I could do with getting some. Also I wrapped last year for Santa. My first time. I don't know if it brought much more excitement to them?? I really did it for the 15 year old to make him work extra for his presents.

I bought some in Dunnes. They have lovely wrapping paper and gift bags this year.

Loughc wrote: »
    I bought some in Dunnes. They have lovely wrapping paper and gift bags this year.

My bank is gonna think I've an addiction to Dunnes Stores this lockdown. Lol

All essential shopping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Dunnes is doing an absolute bomb since lockdowns began with deliveries and click and collect. Also they've a new reserve in store system. Hats off to them as an Irish company.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I bought wrapping paper, gift boxes and Christmas gift bags in Dunnes this afternoon.

It was the only place where I could actually buy them in person; even Dealz have all their Christmas merchandise sealed off like a crime scene!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Coming home this evening and the local petrol station had all its lights up, looked great!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

We put up our outside lights today. Christmas tree and indoor decorations tomorrow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Cork Lass wrote: »
    We put up our outside lights today. Christmas tree and indoor decorations tomorrow :pac:

Pics!!!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Just went out in the rain to take this. More stuff to go up on the hedges but waiting for a waterproof box to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Wow Cork :) Stunning!!

Wow!! That looks amazing cork lass! Oooh major good feels looking at that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Just went out in the rain to take this. More stuff to go up on the hedges but waiting for a waterproof box to arrive.

They look great! On a sidenote, I love your front door!:D

Thanks all - it’ll look better when it’s finished in a couple of days but the rain came down before we could tidy up. Also, waiting for some more of the “raining” lights on the tree. We have every intention of going OTT this year, people need cheering up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

[PHP][/PHP]
    Thanks all - it’ll look better when it’s finished in a couple of days but the rain came down before we could tidy up. Also, waiting for some more of the “raining” lights on the tree. We have every intention of going OTT this year, people need cheering up :D

I just ordered a set of those raining lights from Amazon,always liked them,
    your garden looks great.

• Advertisement

Worth every rain drop. They’re lovely :)

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    [PHP][/PHP]

I just ordered a set of those raining lights from Amazon,always liked them,
    your garden looks great.

They are lovely, the photo doesn’t do them justice to be honest. I ordered 1 set to see if I liked them but immediately ordered 2 more sets which are due to arrive Wednesday. They link into each other which is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Picked up wrapping paper in dealz - they have extra long ones which are great for larger gifts

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Book station have all their paper, bags, boxes and tags out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Coco cola ad on the tv :) Holidays are coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,319 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Waiting on my WWE Xmas jumper. Pre ordered it in October but they were low on stock when it launched but there getting a few more starting next week

Sick of the government and at this stage they need to bloody announce what is happening come the 1st Dec. All these leaks about this and that is quiet irritating

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Looks great CL. Really makes me want to get our light out now and put them up :)

Your lights look amazing...
    Talk to me though what are these raining lights? Although I'd need to plant a tree first...

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

Lights look beautiful Cork lass! Would love to do outside lights. Love the rain lights, so pretty!

• Advertisement

Thanks :). They are Shower rain lights - check them out on Amazon. Very pretty.

Advertisement