Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Them lights are class, and that front door is like something from a Christmas ad. .. On a side note does anyone else have issues getting the mobile version of boards working?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,476 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Phew, what a week!
    Finished it by having the chimney cleaned this morning so we had our first fire since March tonight.
    Also stuck on the first Christmas film for the kids this evening - the 1964 Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. The one with Burl Ives. I feel a bit more cheerful after it. It's been a bit of a rollercoaster week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Them lights are class, and that front door is like something from a Christmas ad. .. On a side note does anyone else have issues getting the mobile version of boards working?

All the time. So I access through chrome rather than use the app. I have the Christmas forum bookmarked (obviously) do can come straight in here and avoid the rest of it. Only look through the other sections if accessing via pc.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

DvB wrote: »
    All the time. So I access through chrome rather than use the app. I have the Christmas forum bookmarked (obviously) do can come straight in here and avoid the rest of it. Only look through the other sections if accessing via pc.

No it wasn't the app I was on the desktop version , figured out to scroll to the bottom and click touch site. Oh I really wasn't enjoying my time in the desktop version lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Thanks :). They are Shower rain lights - check them out on Amazon. Very pretty.

I have admired these on a house where I live for years, and never knew what they were called! I don't have a tree though, would they hang OK from a gutter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,495 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Did anybody else notice the delivery date on some online orders moving closer to the late November and you then realise that Christmas is getting very near!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Did anybody else notice the delivery date on some online orders moving closer to the late November and you then realise that Christmas is getting very near!

It’s when it says late December I get very nervous 😬

TRS30 wrote: »
    It’s when it says late December I get very nervous 😬

Ya, it’s hard to know how deliveries will work this year. In previous years they could just pack a warehouse with staff and now they can’t.
    Before standard delivery was about the 20th and some places offered delivery up until the 22nd even.
    It’s also hard to know what will be I the shops when they reopen. I know we’d be fine for groceries, etc but it’s those Christmasy bits I’m wondering about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Corklass the house looks amazing, like a Christmas card love your front door

We have never done outside lights before, maybe next year please god

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I love dipping in and out of this forum throughout the year but I love at this time when the Christmas feeling just hits me and it's happened :) looking forward to a special one this year as we had a baby a few weeks ago and we have a 5 year old so it's super exciting, the letter has been written, the M&S food order has been placed, the shopping is well underway, the Christmas Spotify playlist has been played today, the decorations will be making an appearance in the next week or two, the matching family pj's have arrived and the new Christmas spice candle has been burning :D aaahhhhhh so exciting :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Congratulations on the new arrival, ChewChew! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Thanks :). They are Shower rain lights - check them out on Amazon. Very pretty.

My shower rain lights arrived today,An post delivering on a Saturday now,
    very nice but disappointed how short the lead is from plug to first light.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Con’gratw chewchew.

Sounds like you have all the bases covered :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Congrats chewchew :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Wish i had a M&S near me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Congratulations ChewChew. Great to hear positive news:)

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Gosh, thanks all. Tis fun and games for sure :D and I just realised I have loads of my homemade mincemeat stored away from last year. I can't wait to open the Jars :D

But here's a serious question for yiz.... Would it be ludicrous to make one big mince pie or should I stick to tradition......

Oooh tis a toughie....I find they can be very filling so not sure I'd manage a cake like slice. I vote stick with tradition ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Pistachio19

ChewChew wrote: »
    Gosh, thanks all. Tis fun and games for sure :D and I just realised I have loads of my homemade mincemeat stored away from last year. I can't wait to open the Jars :D

But here's a serious question for yiz.... Would it be ludicrous to make one big mince pie or should I stick to tradition......

You could make it like a tart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

You could make it like a tart.

How I loved my late mother's mincemeat and apple (open) tart - with thin strips of twisted pastry (probably what was left over - waste not, want not :)) arranged like bicycle spokes as a decoration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Congratulations ChewChew great to hear good news x

How I loved my late mother's mincemeat and apple (open) tart - with thin strips of twisted pastry (probably what was left over - waste not, want not :)) arranged like bicycle spokes as a decoration.

I'm not usually a fan of mince pies, but that sounds lovely. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,319 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Always think of meat mince pies when i hear them been mentioned :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

The old ones are the best ones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Council have put the tree up in my area, no lights yet. Wonder will they have a turning on the lights ceremony this year?

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Always think of meat mince pies when i hear them been mentioned :D:pac:

My poor grandad only discovered it wasn't actual mince meat in the later years of his life. He made up for many years of missing out before he passed away :)

Council have put the tree up in my area, no lights yet. Wonder will they have a turning on the lights ceremony this year?

I don’t it. I think some places are announcing when the lights are being turned on and they may live stream on some Facebook page but your not meant to turn up.

Christmas tree up in my local area- it's all getting very real now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,676 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Couple of very extensively decorated houses on Portland Row in D1 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

First Christmas item up

Advertisement