Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    Christmas tree up in my local area- it's all getting very real now. :D

Feels so real now. Neighbours across the road and beside me have their lights up. So next weekend the window lights are going up and then the following week the tree will go up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

tscul32 wrote: »
    First Christmas item up

Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 varianjv

Gonna get started soon!!
    Bit earlier than normal but sure... lockdown and all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

tscul32 wrote: »
    First Christmas item up

That’s really lovely.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

varianjv wrote: »
    Gonna get started soon!!
    Bit earlier than normal but sure... lockdown and all

Exactly. We all need a sparkle during lockdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

What are ye all waiting for?!? Lash them up. I can't wait to see pics

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Another Christmas radio station:)

https://www.classichits.ie/hitmas/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Obviously staff party is cancelled but we were in a meeting earlier in the week and a senior member of staff told us that the money will be spent on giving every member of staff a really good hamper to thank them for keeping the wheels turning this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Had the last two days off and the forum has gone mental!! So great to see.

Belated happy birthday Freshpopcorn, I think LoughC is next?

I had the wee elf all day to myself yesterday so after baby gymnastics we went grocery shopping, picked up a Christmas tree scented candle and wrapping paper. Then went home, lit the candle and wrapped the OH's pressies (the ones I have anyway). Felt very Christmasy.

Still no Christmas music or movies in my house, awaiting the weekend of the 27/28th.

That Sonas Christmas annual nearly brought a tear to my eye, some memories of being incredibly excited as a kid.

DvB I don't frequent after hours however it doesn't surprise me. Some spoofers get very pee'd off and cry victim when caught out, happen certain posters a lot but they seem to come back for more. Good old ignore function helps.

Corklass has set the bar high. The candy canes really work in the garden and the entrance is fantastic.

Hope all is well and merry.

• Advertisement

pigtail33 wrote: »
    I have admired these on a house where I live for years, and never knew what they were called! I don't have a tree though, would they hang OK from a gutter?

I’ve seen them hanging from gutters and they were lovely

Cork Lass wrote: »
    I’ve seen them hanging from gutters and they were lovely

We have some similar hanging style lights along both side walls at front and also across the front of the house just above door height. The OH has in her head she wants them to go up and across the gutter this year!

I love how she has these ideas that I end up having to do all the work!!

Just saw in countdown thread that we’re into the 30s tomorrow :)

Turned into a wet and miserable weekend here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭logically

TRS30 wrote: »

Turned into a wet and miserable weekend here :(

All the better for a cosy afternoon of Christmas films

Here instead of the three hot chocolate options in Costa (Terrys orange, and two more) you guys have at home we have galaxy caramel. I asked about it when getting a coffee and the staff advised against it, they said it was far too sweet. Not a good ptich.

Jude13 wrote: »
    Here instead of the three hot chocolate options in Costa (Terrys orange, and two more) you guys have at home we have galaxy caramel. I asked about it when getting a coffee and the staff advised against it, they said it was far too sweet. Not a good ptich.

My daughter got the “Purple One” last week in a latte 1 think and she couldn’t finish it because it was too sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Jude13 wrote: »

Galaxy Caramel is right up my street, do try and report back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

It's been said already here but time has slowed down now that we are in to November.
    September and October felt like they were about a week long each and zipped by.

On the bright side we half way through November today :)

I think its dragging a bit too. But then December will zoom by. I am off for almost three weeks of December as I need to take some leave.

I will have to wait until mid December for the galaxy hot chocolate due to my pain in the bum diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Bizarre how people perceive time differently, probably because I'm up the walls in work the weeks are flying gby for me. I have 2 big deadlines before the break and they'll both be extremely tight so time seems to feel in short supply for me. Funnily enough, for once I may not have the usual crazy workload in the last 2 weeks before we finish up, but that may and probably will change given the year its been.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

DvB wrote: »
    Bizarre how people perceive time differently, probably because I'm up the walls in work the weeks are flying gby for me. I have 2 big deadlines before the break and they'll both be extremely tight so time seems to feel in short supply for me. Funnily enough, for once I may not have the usual crazy workload in the last 2 weeks before we finish up, but that may and probably will change given the year its been.

Work has been ok the last few weeks however have a training course next week (online) and a couple of projects reaching crunch stage so will be a bit more hectic.

So the next couple of weeks will fly by which could be a double edge sword!

On leave this week so lots of time to get stuff done. Also, still wfh so I do get to keep on top of things more easily.

DvB wrote: »

I’m the same as you DVB up the walls in work last week. Week absolutely flew by. The weekends are nothing but a blur.

I’m at the stage where I’m like ooooh time slow down. Christmas is getting too close.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I always want time to majorly slow down once it reaches the 'one month to go' mark!

I feel once it hits December it goes way too fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Posy wrote: »
    I always want time to majorly slow down once it reaches the 'one month to go' mark!

I feel once it hits December it goes way too fast!

Agreed, especially the time from Xmas day to new years day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Hope everyone is keeping well! I haven't had any time to keep checked in with the forum and I'm missing it in the run up to Christmas! We are in full throes here of prep and it's keeping my spirits up during Level 5!

I'm on the lookout for a pre lit garland that won't cost the earth if anyone has seen any?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Pistachio19

Cleared out the kitchen in preparation for painters coming this week. Took shelves off a wall so now will have space for a tree there. Ordered one from Dunnes today and some baubles from Next. Can't wait to get them. Watching Mrs Miracle 2 - the first one was on last week. Pure cheesy but relaxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,476 ✭✭✭Heroditas

We spent yesterday dismantling the older child's bed and putting the new bed in her room.
    Also did a purge of one of the sheds and dumped a load of stuff into a skip bag.
    Next stop was the playroom and the two kids dumped a load of stuff they don't use anymore.
    We even went through some of the drawers in the kitchen and dumped some stuff there.
    A little work left to do in the playroom and I have to tidy another shed but that's the heavy work we wanted to get done before getting ready for Christmas.
    I'm tempted by the wine fridge that is on offer in Lidl next week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

We spent the last two Christmas's in Malta so actually looking forward to the crispy cold this year

• Advertisement

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Hope everyone is keeping well! I haven't had any time to keep checked in with the forum and I'm missing it in the run up to Christmas! We are in full throes here of prep and it's keeping my spirits up during Level 5!

I'm on the lookout for a pre lit garland that won't cost the earth if anyone has seen any?

Good to hear from you CL and that you guys are keeping well.

Not much help with the garland im afraid. My OH usually winds some lights around the one we have on your bannisters.

Advertisement