Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

^^^ Am up early as well and there is frost on the cars!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Morning Elves it is a cold one for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Had such a nostalgic Christmas morning feeling when I woke up this morning. Felt like a kid again creeping around the house trying not to wake everyone..so strange but lovely!

Roofs in my estate were all white with frost and cars still iced over.

I also broke out the fluffy dressing gown last night!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

I was looking at the latest Lidl book. They Halloween stuff in.
    And more importantly they are gearing up for baking stuff have Christmas storage tins and a recipe for Stollen.
    Thanks for the info, I love tins !

I did check out Tiger catalogue online and they have also got Halloween and baking stuff at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

SarahLil wrote: »
    Morning Elves it is a cold one for sure

Cold for sure but simply a beautiful morning :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

I'd be happy with this kind of morning on Christmas day with some frost thrown in for good measure..

Mutleyboo wrote: »
    I'd be happy with this kind of morning on Christmas day with some frost thrown in for good measure..

Me too my perfect Christmas morning

I am usually up about 7 am Christmas morning take the turkey from the fridge getting it ready for the oven I do tip toe around the place not to wake himself or my mam as we take her to stay with us for a few days

Just back from a short walk l, I could have done with my hat, my asthma is not great this morning so I had to only do a short one
    Now for a cuppa with batch loaf toasted and real butter

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Completely agree :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

SarahLil wrote: »
    Just back from a short walk l, I could have done with my hat, my asthma is not great this morning so I had to only do a short one
    Now for a cuppa with batch loaf toasted and real butter

Same. Went for a walk got very wheezy going around. Had to take a blast of the inhaler.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

On steroids and off school here with asthma. Everyone I know is flaring up right now. Lovely morning though!

Smell the glove and mirrorwall14 thanks for letting me know thought it was just me

Looked through my recordings and I have a couple of Christmas cookery shows on it, I’ve just watched a Nigella Christmas at my table it was called really enjoyed it, himself is at golf so curled up on the sofa with a throw and a cuppa hot water honey and lemon

Nigella has me wanting string fairy lights for my double patio doors in the kitchen in a warm glow I would say they would be fab and they would cheer up my neighbors at the back of me ;)
    I hope I am explaining the lights correctly if anyone sees any links can they please let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Freezing today, although I'm enjoying this weather.

It's hard to believe that on Thursday it's October. How did that happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Properly been said i just noticed Sony classic as turned to Sony Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Just back from a hurling training session with the boys and its gorgeous out there, a little chilly to start but clear and sunny, soon warmed up and had to shed a few layers. No doubt it'll get cooler later but lovely day out there now.
    Make the most of it though, next week looks awful.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hi all, absolutely stunning autumn day here in Cork :-) went for a walk this morning and it was just gorgeous, nice crisp autumn weather, just the way I like it :-P I’m doing the boring stuff today - washing and ironing! I get a strange satisfaction from it though! I’m making pizza tonight with pizza dough I got in Aldi - looking forward to that! Might do a bit of baking also.

SarahLil I love the Nigella Christmas shows and I know exactly what you mean about the fair lights, I love the way she has the house decorated!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,490 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When I was looking for my picture for 90 days until Christmas. I found these runners.
    tmqze5eeqa9z4j4bujpt.jpg

When I was looking for my picture for 90 days until Christmas. I found these runners.
    tmqze5eeqa9z4j4bujpt.jpg

I would definitely wear those! Love them

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭TK Lemon

I was in The Range today and they have Christmas decorations and trees.

I bought my first Christmas thing today, the tree. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I would definitely wear those! Love them

Me too!

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

ohhhhhhhhh

I know this is a real first world problem, our current Christmas tree was ideal for our old apartment with a low ceiling but we moved into a new house last year and it looked a bit sad being so short.

Looking for a 8ft or even 9ft high tree....not a lot of stock around yet, hopefully that changes soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

We got a great tree a couple of years ago from Balsam Hill - just google them. They are not cheap but are very good quality.

ohhhhhhhhh

I know this is a real first world problem, our current Christmas tree was ideal for our old apartment with a low ceiling but we moved into a new house last year and it looked a bit sad being so short.

Looking for a 8ft or even 9ft high tree....not a lot of stock around yet, hopefully that changes soon.

Littlewoods have a few 8ft ones. I've had two from there and they are really nice. I got one last year from them a 7ft real looking one and it is huge! I've a small living room and it's like the scene from the griswolds.

We're into the 80's and only a few days until October. This time next month we'll be very near Christmas ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

My folks still do Santa for me and Im in my 30's (hanging in there). It's generally just a small fun present and some chocolate/sweets. I still love it. My eldest is past Santa but I still make a big deal winding her up about hearing sleigh bells on the lead up to the big day.

It's an amazing coming to work and logging on. Usually I try and keep reading the few posts till coffee time or lunch, and try and spread them out so I can savior the Christmas spirit. Now I log on and wonder if I will get to read them all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭matchthis

Watched Elf the musical animated one yesterday and doing Santa lists today. With the way things are, we want to give Santa time to make them. Got the goose fat and large tin foil yesterday after leaving too late last year.

Ordered these
    https://www.carapharmacy.com/en/Ginger-Ray-Gold-Bell-Place-Card-Holders---Red-and-Gold/m-13901.aspx
    And
    https://www.carapharmacy.com/en/Ginger-Ray-Gold-Bell-Confetti-Decorations/m-13907.aspx

For Christmas Dinner, got the last two sets. Amazon also do them, but are out of stock at the moment. Went down well last year with the kids and adults. Kids tingling them at the end of Polar Express for weeks after

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭screamer

I prefer Last Christmas ..... only joking but I do love the song. Watched the Santa clause 2 and 3 with my daughter yesterday, I know it’s early but this year the anticipation for Christmas in our house is through the roof

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

This is not a drill!!! There is a Christmas thread in the normal forum! In after hours, and its not moaning about Christmas happens earlier.

Advertisement