Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I got my Christmas stamps today. I'm working for home so may take a break this afternoon and get them written and posted.It's a bit early but I'm early as a person and the way the post has been they'll probably still only arrive in December!

I've to send a few abroad so I'll have to get to the post office over the next few days to sort the postage. I never do this so I'm excited for people to get them.I'm even posting some to friends who live so close that I'll be walking by their houses on the way to the post office :pac:
    Everyone likes a card in the post though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I agree Aisling everyone likes a card in the post
    We get niece/goddaughter/godson cards for all ours and we always address them to the little ones
    I remember growing up a neighbour use to post one to me addressed to Ms. Sarah I thought it was great when I was growing up :)

Regarding seeing Santa I heard something awhile back that Tayto Park was doing something not sure if it is still the case but might be worth a look for some of you

Cheerlouth I think you had mentioned a garland, I had suggested Brand Max I came accross this place I bought a bird feeder for my garden they have a couple of garlands https://www.thegardenshop.ie/christmas/page-3/

Anyone have a gardener in their life too the above are doing gardener hampers, they were very good to deal with when I bought from them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,476 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I can happily state I've just had my first mince pie of the year.
    Super Valu are selling two packs for €3 at the moment.
    Seemed the appropriate thing to do! They actually taste fantastic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I went to town and went to local D.I.Y store and they had their decorations out!
    Also won €20 in a hampers ticket!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Tesco have 700ml Bottles of Baileys on offer for €10, picked myself up 2 and put one away in the press for Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Watched it on the news, so lovely to see :)

Autosport wrote: »
    Watched it on the news, so lovely to see :)

Yeah me too nice surprise I had no idea :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

SarahLil wrote: »
    Yeah me too nice surprise I had no idea :)

They wanted to keep it a surprise to stop a crowd from gathering in town.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    They wanted to keep it a surprise to stop a crowd from gathering in town.

Brightened up my cleaning up after dinner:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Can't wait to see them tomorrow. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Posy wrote: »
    Can't wait to see them tomorrow. :D

Maybe a pic for us non town goes :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »
    Maybe a pic for us non town goes :)

FM104 shared this,

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CHtB-Kxgm4k/?igshid=u2avax50ttsd

I never thought I would say this, I miss town :(

TRS30 wrote: »
    I never thought I would say this, I miss town :(

https://twitter.com/karlffrench/status/1328416216877293568?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

This time next year with the vaccine widespread will be amazing. The buzz from the people out shopping, eating, drinking, getting ready for Christmas!

funnydoggy wrote: »
    This time next year with the vaccine widespread will be amazing. The buzz from the people out shopping, eating, drinking, getting ready for Christmas!

I will 100% be hitting the pubs as much as possible next Christmas belting out Fairytale of New York as much as I can.

I will 100% be hitting the pubs as much as possible next Christmas belting out Fairytale of New York as much as I can.

Sing Anything but That song :D

Autosport wrote: »
    Sing Anything but That song :D

It’s the ultimate pub song tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Agree. Band aid a close 2nd!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Nah that would Merry Christmas everyone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,952 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

So here it is Merry Christmas everybody's having fun. Best ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

I’m really enjoying reading all these posts as I lie in hospital. Fingers crossed second surg seems to have worked well so far so hopefully I’ll be directing decorations next weekend from the couch at least

polydactyl wrote: »
    I’m really enjoying reading all these posts as I lie in hospital. Fingers crossed second surg seems to have worked well so far so hopefully I’ll be directing decorations next weekend from the couch at least

Speedy recovery polydactyl. I’m glad we can keep you company and keep your spirits up.

Aww that's good news polydactyl. Sounds like you're on the mend. Hope you'll be home soon!

I've been avoiding listening to all the 'proper' Christmas songs and only listening to the pop types. The covers by the Britney's and the Ariana's and who have you. But reading these posts is making me want to start listening to the classics already. I'm trying to hold out for Xmas fm!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Grafton street is within 5 kilometers for me, so will have to pop out tomorrow and have a look tomorrow and go on a little walk :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I hope you're feeling brand new as soon as you can be! Some Christmas cheer is a great healer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Speedy recovery! :)

I think next year we'll be twice as happy as we have been through so much and we'll not take as much for granted.

• Advertisement

Come on, everyone knows it’s Last Christmas :D

Advertisement