Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ultimate pub christmas songs that were not mentioned

Wizard- Wish It could be christmas everyday
    Mariah Carey- All I Want For Christmas
    The Darkness- Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells end) personal favourite of mine

Ah man any god up there please let the pubs open next month :(:(:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Hope your recovery goes well polydactyly!!

I've got a job interview today. Terrified but feck it, que sera sera :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Caranica wrote: »

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Best of luck - hope it goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Very best of luck! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Best of luck, you got this!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Best of luck! I have an interview in a few weeks time....I just know I'm gonna be bricking it, but I know I'm well able to do the job - uh interviews are so annoying, don't think they are a good way of seeing how a person actually works.

Hope you are successful!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Heroditas wrote: »
    I can happily state I've just had my first mince pie of the year.
    Super Valu are selling two packs for €3 at the moment.
    Seemed the appropriate thing to do! They actually taste fantastic :)

I envy your special offers, guys !

Here in Continental Europe I paid EUR 4,50 just for a pack of 4 Walkers mince pies.
    (I am still glad I can get them locally instead of having to order them online, though!)
    Third morning I have been having one for breakfast, this means that this Sat I will have to go get another pack !

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Wow. That is some picture.
    Just started wrapping presents!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

SarahLil wrote: »

Thank you !
    It has been years since I have last been in Dublin, and I do remember well those chandeliers !
    Sending good thoughts to everyone at the children Hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

My little boy is wearing a lovely fluffy reindeer sleepsuit from dunnes today....sure why not!!:D

Have all our Christmas shopping done so next is wrapping :)

Thinking of asking my husband for handmade bird houses as my pressie. Think I'll spend the afternoon looking them up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Best of luck in your interview Caranica :)

More presents arrived this morning :) I’m just finished shopping now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

otnomart wrote: »
    Third morning I have been having one for breakfast, this means that this Sat I will have to go get another pack !

You say that like its a bad thing... :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Interview done. I don't think it's the right fit for me but sure we'll see what happens. Have a call after lunch about a temping job that would beat €203 a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Have been given the shout. Been told by the powers that be to take the Christmas decorations out of storage tomorrow and get them put up in work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Someone was asking about the Penneys Late Late Toy Show pyjamas a while ago. They have just shared this on Social Media, a nice touch.
    Penneys is delighted to team up with Barnardos and children’s hospitals to donate its Late Late Toy Show pyjama collection to children across the country. With its 36 stores in the Republic of Ireland temporarily closed, Penneys wanted to help spread festive excitement in the lead up to the much-loved Late Late Toy Show annual broadcast.
    Through Barnardos, over 50,000 pairs of pyjamas will be distributed to children in DEIS schools across Ireland and to children who access Barnardos centres as well as direct donations to over 600 families from disadvantaged communities, all packed and coordinated by Penneys volunteers.
    The official pyjama sets of Ireland’s most anticipated show will also be distributed to all children in Children’s Health Ireland (CHI) at Crumlin, Temple Street and Tallaght hospitals in time for 27th November, the night of the Late Late Toy Show. In addition, Penneys will make a donation of €5,000 to each of the three children’s hospitals via The Children’s Health Foundation Temple Street and Crumlin and The National Children’s Hospital Foundation Tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

A house on our road has their decorations up, I’m always first and would have been this year too if I hadn’t listened to the grinch! Tomorrow, this house is going to look like Santa’s grotto!

A house on our road has their decorations up, I’m always first and would have been this year too if I hadn’t listened to the grinch! Tomorrow, this house is going to look like Santa’s grotto!

Pics!!!! :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Close to another milestone there DvB ;)

• Advertisement

TRS30 wrote: »
    Close to another milestone there DvB ;)

ooh, hadn't copped that!! Well spotted!

Might save it for tomorrow mornings weekly countdown to add some christmas lustre!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Few more houses around me have lights and trees up :)

Saw mention of chat thread 4 there recently and was thinking Santa's Grotto could be a good name. Saw it on the forum page about drive in grottos :D

DvB wrote: »
    ooh, hadn't copped that!! Well spotted!

Might save it for tomorrow mornings weekly countdown to add some christmas lustre!!

You won't be able to keep away from us until then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Couldn't resist and had to go in and buy a celebrations mcflurry, OMG its unreal :D:D

Wish the Government would come and and bloody say what's going on post December 1st

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Couldn't resist and had to go in and buy a celebrations mcflurry, OMG its unreal :D:D

Wish the Government would come and and bloody say what's going on post December 1st

I need that McFlurry in my life.

The government won’t announce anything until the day before I reckon they won’t want standards to slip now.

Rumour has it pubs will be opened to take table bookings only with the 2 hour time limit. And early closing hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Loughc wrote: »
    I need that McFlurry in my life.

The government won’t announce anything until the day before I reckon they won’t want standards to slip now.

Rumour has it pubs will be opened to take table bookings only with the 2 hour time limit. And early closing hours.

My dad is in the pub trade lol. Vintners association have told them to hold off on orders as the uncertainty is looking like they will be closed for longer than 1dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

PTH2009 wrote: »

Same here. My first McFlurry all year but my God it was delicious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Put mine up last week. Way too early for me but its given the house such a lift which we didn't know we needed.

Great to see the pictures of the lights in Dublin, I won't be going to see lights anywhere this year so I'm glad I get to see them online :)

I saw my first Christmas tree in the wild today :D it was a lovely pick me up after a long day!

• Advertisement

Post #4000 on boards and it just had to be in here....

Might have to celebrate with a rock bun & a coffee, working from home today & picked some up on the way home from dropping the kids to school... mmmmmm!

Happy 5 weeks to christmas eve day y'all!

Advertisement