Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Post #4000 on boards and it just had to be in here....

Might have to celebrate with a rock bun & a coffee, working from home today & picked some up on the way home from dropping the kids to school... mmmmmm!

Happy 5 weeks to christmas eve day y'all!

Con,grats on the 4K :D

Enjoy the bun!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

TRS30 wrote: »
    Con,grats on the 4K :D

Enjoy the bun!

My post rate isnt the highest, been on here nearly 14 years and only at 4k , thats less than 1 post a day... so it might take me a while to get to 5k :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Neighbour was playing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" earlier and I'm not sure how I feel about it :pac:

Just been told that the Now 80's music channel has changed to Now Christmas! So thats 3 christmas music channels on the sky platform.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

my twin boys are really getting excited, asked me if we could go to the forest of christmas trees that we pass everyday going to crèche, to see if we can see some pine elves...... bless em, i can hardly waddle around the house, so poor old Dad will have to take them!

• Advertisement

screamer wrote: »
    my twin boys are really getting excited, asked me if we could go to the forest of christmas trees that we pass everyday going to crèche, to see if we can see some pine elves...... bless em, i can hardly waddle around the house, so poor old Dad will have to take them!

Elf2 asked again about putting the decorations up this morning in the car. Told him he can help me get them out of the attic this weekend. Seemed happy with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Neighbour was playing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" earlier and I'm not sure how I feel about it :pac:
    It's a good think surely, having someone into Christmas right next door !
    Instead of a grinch, I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Bought a christmas jumper!!!! The excitement is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

eviltwin wrote: »
    Bought a christmas jumper!!!! The excitement is unreal.

Pics we need pics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

My OH told me he found the perfect tshirt for me. He was right! It arrived this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

WFH yesterday followed by a mid wife appointment I didn't get a chance to get on here really, OMG 5 weeks today Christmas Eve, 3 out of the 5 weeks I have appointments, I hope time doesn't go by too quick

Off today got some decorations down from the attic, window decorations up, overmantle garland up and lit, both halls decorated, just need to do the kitchen garland over my presses, waiting for the coast to be clear, my OH might give out at me standing on top of kitchen presses decorating :)

Hopefully Saturday we will get the tree and decorations down, I get the Christmas tunes on then

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

tscul32 wrote: »
    My OH told me he found the perfect tshirt for me. He was right! It arrived this morning.

Oh my word I want that T-shirt!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's brilliant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

I'm going to do all my Christmas baking in it. And all my Christmas movie watching. It's going to be pretty grotty by Christmas Day.

Have a new house guest :D

ZIS1X1q.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Where did you get him?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »
    Have a new house guest :D

ZIS1X1q.jpg

Adorable!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jesus the virus has really hit production this year

The Xmas jumper i ordered in October is out of stock and they wont get any in til the week starting 30th Nov. More under pressure cause my nephews present is in the same order. I remain hopeful

The tech sector is also fairly fecked regarding production numbers. Don't have to say anything about PS5 shortages

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Any tips on a gluten free selection box? I have two coeliac children to buy for

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Any tips on a gluten free selection box? I have two coeliac children to buy for

https://downtoearth.ie/products/moo-free-vegan-gluten-free-selection-box

Holland and Barrett do one but it's sold out online.

Apparently the Aero one is suitable too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jesus the virus has really hit production this year

The Xmas jumper i ordered in October is out of stock and they wont get any in til the week starting 30th Nov. More under pressure cause my nephews present is in the same order. I remain hopeful

The tech sector is also fairly fecked regarding production numbers. Don't have to say anything about PS5 shortages

The PS5 has nothing to do with COVID the same thing happened with the PS4 and PS3 upon release. Sony claim it’s like that as they rush the release in time for
    Holidays but in reality it’s a marketing ploy.

You create a shortage and you automatically create a buzz and a demand for it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

jellybear wrote: »
    https://downtoearth.ie/products/moo-free-vegan-gluten-free-selection-box

Holland and Barrett do one but it's sold out online.

Apparently the Aero one is suitable too.

Thank you!

Where did you get him?

We got him in Arnotts last year when we went to see Santa.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Odeta

Snow Waltz came on the radio this morning and I did a little solo around the kitchen. Who said Strictly Come Dancing was on a Saturday :)

Loughc wrote: »

Just as well I'll not be listening in anyway... pc nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Those scumbags, maggots and cheap lousy ******s! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I heard them talking about that on the radio yesterday. I think they are just going to edit out the F****** word. BBC 2 will play the unedited version. I'm not sure what the difference between the two stations is.

• Advertisement

DvB wrote: »
    Just as well I'll not be listening in anyway... pc nonsense.

It'll be only a matter before ChristmasFM follow suit. Like they did with Baby it's cold outside.
    pigtail33 wrote: »
    I heard them talking about that on the radio yesterday. I think they are just going to edit out the F****** word. BBC 2 will play the unedited version. I'm not sure what the difference between the two stations is.

BBC2 is more alternative and has less listeners by alot. BBC1 is their pop music channel as such.

Advertisement