Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Happy Birthday antimatterx

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Have a lovely birthday, antimatterx! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Just want to say thanks to everyone that contributes to this forum. I don't post much , only discovered this around September/October I think but it made me smile a lot during the run up to Christmas especially at times when I needed it most ,if only just to get away from the non stop negativity of the real world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone. I really appreciate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

For the birthday people :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭sporina

Heard and ad on the radio for Cadbury's cream eggs on Jan 4th! is that the start of the easter confectionary ads already? or are they advertised all year round?:confused:

sporina wrote: »
    Heard and ad on the radio for Cadbury's cream eggs on Jan 4th! is that the start of the easter confectionary ads already? or are they advertised all year round?:confused:

Walked into my local SuperValu this evening and they have creme eggs and mini eggs on sale

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

sporina wrote: »

Creme Egg ads started around Dec 30th from what I saw.

Confectionery companies tend to roll from one holiday to the next.

I may have purchased 1 and devoured it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

It's Creme Egg's 50th Birthday this year :D

• Advertisement

jellybear wrote: »

That’s why I bought one :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That’s mad isn’t it. I would have sworn blind they were released in the 90’s if I was asked in a quiz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭sporina

gee...

well I am not a fan - but obv some people are - if they are celebrating 50 yrs.. too sweet for me and I have a really sweet tooth so thats saying something ekk

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

Cant believe they're 50! Id say they're counting in egg years! There's no way my mam was munching them as a teen!
    Too sweet for me also, saying that the mini ones are better, better ratio of goo to chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

Just had a quick wiki look and they were actually frys creme eggs first back in 1963!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Autosport wrote: »
    That’s why I bought one :D

6 packs in Dunnes for €3.....just saying....

6 packs in Dunnes for €3.....just saying....

Are they not 5 packs or did they bring them back to 6?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Walked into my local SuperValu this evening and they have creme eggs and mini eggs on sale

I was in M&S last Tuesday and they had next to no fresh food and gaps on almost every shelf but the Easter egg section was fully stocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I was s child of the 70s and remember them growing up. They tasted different (centre wasn't as gooey) and the chocolate was real (not the 2nd rate stuff they use nowadays) and they were definitely bigger... they're the same in name only now.
    I used to love them, but wouldn't eat them nowadays, even the little ones in the tubs of heroes are way too sweet for my tastes.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Loughc wrote: »
    Are they not 5 packs or did they bring them back to 6?

You are correct, and they are €2.50 in Tesco.

https://m.tesco.ie/mt/www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=287062141

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭pigtail33

They now call it Creme Egg season! I used to get one every year, but since they changed the chocolate from proper Dairy Milk, they're just far too sweet. Someone must buy them though.

pigtail33 wrote: »
    They now call it Creme Egg season! I used to get one every year, but since they changed the chocolate from proper Dairy Milk, they're just far too sweet. Someone must buy them though.

Since they change the chocolate mix they’ve lost £12 million in sales each year. But yet they plow on.

Very quiet in here today...you all must be working very hard :D

Just in from a walk and still a handful of houses with decorations up :)

I ordered Christmas pjs in the Dunnes sale for my little boy and my new niece or nephew who'll arrive in June ;) They arrived yesterday and they're gorgeous! They'll be perfect for next year.

Hope everyone's having a good Tuesday :)

I ordered Christmas pjs in the Dunnes sale for my little boy and my new niece or nephew who'll arrive in June ;) They arrived yesterday and they're gorgeous! They'll be perfect for next year.

Sadly yeah I’m swamped today and will be for the rest of the week :(

Strongly considering using up some TOIL on Monday the 25th. Or am I using it up too soon. Hmmmm.

Oh use it...you deserve it!! It'll be something nice to look forward to in a bleaker than usual January!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Was teaching this morning so getting on now to catch up.

All the talk of cream eggs is giving a craving for something sweet! Will take the kids out for a walk instead and take my mind off it!!

At least is a bit warmer out today even if a bit damper. There was some rain out our way last night, very loud on the velux's in the kitchen.

TRS30, hope the teaching is going well. I'm a teacher myself, on career break this year so I haven't experienced online teaching. I'd be lost as to where to start!

Yep, I'd love a creme egg too! Really trying to get back to a better weight though so no treats till Friday, not even a biccy and just the 3 meals every day. It's week 2 and I'm determined to stick to it :)

Currently watching a new life in the sun...I'm such a homebird but it's giving me such a goo for a nice holiday!

Lashing rain here all morning/day so my walk has been postponed. Some neighbors still have Christmas decorations up and they’re outdoor lights on :) Brightens up this dull day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Lashing rain here all morning/day so my walk has been postponed. Some neighbors still have Christmas decorations up and they’re outdoor lights on :) Brightens up this dull day

I still have a few decorations up myself. Still holding onto the magic of Christmas. I'll have to take them down this weekend unfortunately :(. Still it was a great Christmas for me. Caught up with loads of friends and family and just had good craic which was badly needed. Anyway less than a year to next Christmas...

• Advertisement

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Still it was a great Christmas for me. Caught up with loads of friends and family and just had good craic which was badly needed. Anyway less than a year to next Christmas...

That’s what Christmas is all about.

Well less than a year now and once we hit September 1st it really begins to ramp up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Brain exploding from hundreds of ICT support emails in today from staff, students and parents. So. much. Work. And I’m still teaching maths....

Great craic. It’ll settle down. But totally insane day for me

Got mc donalds for me and the kids because by the time I closed the laptop lid I needed paracetamol and a stiff drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Oh did I mention my childminder was sick? I was so excited about having childcare this time around. Pride comes before a fall.....

Hopefully back tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭gidget

Very quiet in here today...you all must be working very hard

Yep work is picking up the pace more this week alright. Working from home & am back online since last Monday and while there was skeleton staff in last week, requests were coming in to keep me going last week. The rest of the company is back online now so requests are starting to pile up now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Between those on parental leave, self isolating, and one out with a bad back, we're getting by in work, but short enough! We're muddling through, but definitely can't afford to lose any more people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Yes, today was the busiest I’ve had in a while. Working from home though so not too bad.

• Advertisement

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Yes, today was the busiest I’ve had in a while. Working from home though so not too bad.

Same :(

13 hour day done in the bag. And the busiest day is still to come. :O

Long day myself, only turned off the pc at 7.30 tonight after a 7.30am start... can't believe its only Tuesday, feel like I've done a weeks work already.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭appledrop

DvB wrote: »
    Long day myself, only turned off the pc at 7.30 tonight after a 7.30am start... can't believe its only Tuesday, feel like I've done a weeks work already.

Yep we were all saying that today. Wfh and minding a 4 year old is not easy!

House was so tidy after Christmas now its like a bomb hits it at end of each day.

I just had some Lindor chocolates there to cheer myself up.

Watching 24 hours in A& E love that programme, puts everything in perspective!

DvB wrote: »

So funny I’m the same I keep thinking that tomorrow it’s Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

TRS30, hope the teaching is going well. I'm a teacher myself, on career break this year so I haven't experienced online teaching. I'd be lost as to where to start!

Yep, I'd love a creme egg too! Really trying to get back to a better weight though so no treats till Friday, not even a biccy and just the 3 meals every day. It's week 2 and I'm determined to stick to it :)

Currently watching a new life in the sun...I'm such a homebird but it's giving me such a goo for a nice holiday!

Sorry only seeing this now.

Is tough with 3 (1 3/4, 4 & 6) and both OH and I are working full time. We are taking half days off, me morning, her afternoon and trying to get by as best we can.

School has been great for oldest with online work and picked up books last Sunday, also she goes to after school for 3 afternoons so that eases things a little.

Once they in bed then have to try and get the clothes washing, house tidying, plan for the next day etc done.

Had a shower and collapsed into bed at 9 last night!

We'll get through it. Really hope it is only for this month or we'll have no annual leave or hair left :D

PS. sorry for the unloading! On my 10 min break so popped in here to catch up.

• Advertisement

Oh that sound full on!! You mind yourselves as best you can cause that sounds so draining!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭tscul32

I got a call in work today. The lady said she wasn't sure there be anyone there with the lockdown. I said, I'm the only one in the office (always), have 3 kids homeschooling and a husband working from home. I come to the office for the peace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

^So you didn't even have to answer the phone^:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭tscul32

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    ^So you didn't even have to answer the phone^:)

True..

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Odeta

Collected aunt from hospital yesterday. She’s going to be living here for a while so we enjoyed another Christmas dinner. Dozed off on the couch afterwards. Awake now and wondering does counting sheep work ...

I am shattered this morning. We had a power cut out our way last night that set off every house alarm for miles, it kept coming back intermittently and each time it went off again the alarms all started back up too... ended up dozing off around 4am and then the alarm went off at 7am... today will not be pretty & will be sponsored by Lavazza!

Ouch DvB, that's not good, that would have driven me mad.

I was wiped last night and found it hard to switch off the brain, today and tomorrow are crunch time in work and I found it hard not to run over what I had on today.

Doggo woke me a couple of time during the night to be let out the back which didn't help :(

I don;t drink coffee so today for me is sponsored by water? haha

Loughc wrote: »
    I don;t drink coffee so today for me is sponsored by water? haha

My condolences ;) I'd be lost without my coffee TBH.

I tend to drink buckets of water too, thats why WFH is great, the loo is much handier to get to :D

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Odeta

DvB, you deserve a coffee day after last night ... I’m on my second coffee here.
    Loughc, I dozed on the couch last night which is unusual for me.
    Going to face the dreaded work emails and head for a walk at lunchtime. Here’s hoping we all have a good day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

As the staff Christmas party was cancelled last year the same venue has held onto our deposit and we have the place booked for this Christmas so here's hoping.

Roll on the 11th of December ha ha :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement