Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭Jude13

I too had planned a run last night but I had been up at 4am, my mind was going a mile a minute about work. After 8pm when the little one went to bed I was too tired to put the runners on.

Doing my faux christmas dinner this weekend with the folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Lads, it's just miserable out there today! Rain is just bucketing down in Cork :( That's not going to stop me with my health kick though - out for a walk on my break! I lost 4 pounds last week so, delighted with myself :D

Hope everyone is well!

I have a terrible (good?!) feeling that this year is going to fly by!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

leahyl wrote: »
    Lads, it's just miserable out there today! Rain is just bucketing down in Cork :( That's not going to stop me with my health kick though - out for a walk on my break! I lost 4 pounds last week so, delighted with myself :D

Hope everyone is well!

I have a terrible (good?!) feeling that this year is going to fly by!

Same up here, was pretty much raining all day yesterday and only stopped this morning at 9am, I'm hoping to get out at lunch time for a walk and after work for a run.

Well done on losing 4 lbs that is amazing!!

I hope this year flies by, I just want everything to go back to normal, miss cinema, theatre,pub and restaurant nights out. And hotel breaks away... remember them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Wow leahyl, that's fantastic!! I actually lost a similar amount last week...delighted with myself!! I actually thought my scales were lying to me!!

Just back from our walk. Delighted I got out before the rain.

Just having a cup of tea now while little man plays.

Hope everyone's having a nice Wednesday :)

Oh Loughc, just read your last part about hotel breaks. I can't wait to get away!! I haven't been away since July 2019 so I will be very much looking forward to a couple of nights away!! My parents got us a voucher for one of our favourite hotels for Christmas and I was actually looking it up last night, planning what package to choose and looking at the food menus :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Was talking to someone in work this morning and we were just saying we won't know what to do with ourselves when things get back to normal. Will we be standoffish or go mental on nights out?
    Weird to be allowed make physical contact with other people and all.
    Tinder is going to explode :)

• Advertisement

I've been thinking about that lately, littlehorny. I think it'll take me a while to feel comfortable. I was always a bit funny about germs, sneezes etc so I guess I'll just have to take it at my own pace :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We sort of had a fair idea but no parades for St Patrick's Day again this year!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Was talking to someone in work this morning and we were just saying we won't know what to do with ourselves when things get back to normal. Will we be standoffish or go mental on nights out?
    Weird to be allowed make physical contact with other people and all.
    Tinder is going to explode :)

I think cause things will re-open slowly, like table service and wearing your masks will still continue in bars until we have 0 covid on the island,that it'll be a long time before we can go mental and fully back to normal.

Hopefully bars can start to re-open March onwards and hopefully they never have to close again.

I have a feeling that this will be the last lockdown we go through, I think it'll just a be a slow re-opening to buy more time for more vaccinations to be dished out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Loughc wrote: »
    I have a feeling that this will be the last lockdown we go through, I think it'll just a be a slow re-opening to buy more time for more vaccinations to be dished out.

Agree and this is what makes me think they will roll this one on for as long as necessary. There is no way they can start to open things up again and that have to go backwards, people just wouldn't stand for it.

Dates for your Diary;

Tuesday 23rd November 2021 : BBC press release for Christmas highlights

Tuesday 30th November 2021 : Network Christmas TV schedules confirmed

Saturday 4th December 2021 : Double issue Christmas TV magazines* available in some regions/cities

​Wednesday 8th December 2021 : Double issue Christmas TV magazines should be available in all regions

*Double issues will cover Saturday 18th December to Friday 31st December 2021

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Saturday 4th December 2021 : Double issue Christmas TV magazines* available in some regions/cities

I know they mean UK magazines but the RTE guide is out around the same time.... giggidy!!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    I know they mean UK magazines but the RTE guide is out around the same time.... giggidy!!!

Yes indeedy, we follow the same timelines as the UK model above :)

I may have slept through my alarm by 15 minutes, but I tell you, the difference in the brightness in those 15 minutes is crazy.

It was like the middle of the afternoon out there when I went for my morning walk.

In one way it was a little bit sad, like it's a sure fire sign that Winter is ending as are the dark mornings/evenings, Christmas is all but a memory, then on the other hand... it's a brighter morning sunshine, happy endorphins, etc.

It is lovely and dry out there thankfully, absolutely freezing, but give me cold and dry over mild and rainy anyday.

Just back from my walk and it's FREEZING!! Making a cup of tea now to warm up :) Have a zoom call with a friend this evening. Really looking forward to it. Only person I get a chance to speak to these days, bar hubby and family, is the post man!!:D

jellybear wrote: »
    Just back from my walk and it's FREEZING!! Making a cup of tea now to warm up :) Have a zoom call with a friend this evening. Really looking forward to it. Only person I get a chance to speak to these days, bar hubby and family, is the post man!!:D

Give me the dry cold weather any day. At least will be able to get the kids out for some fresh air today.

Kids will do a Zoom call with the Grandparents later. Was talking to my Mum last night and she is starting to get a bit down. Was asking me if things are likely to continue past the end of the month. Didn't have the heart to tell that they pretty much definitely will. :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's crap, isn't it, TRS.
    Thank god for the vaccines- if we didn't have that ray of hope, I don't know how we would all be getting through this.
    It is lovely and dry out there thankfully, absolutely freezing, but give me cold and dry over mild and rainy anyway.
    Oh, absolutely. And as much as I love the winter, and Christmas, I do not enjoy getting up in pitch blackness. :(
    Love a nice bright crisp day!

Posy wrote: »
    It's crap, isn't it, TRS.

It is. I try not to complain too much as personally have been fortunate, no one we know has died (wife's cousin in America got it and was very poorly however has pulled through), both still working etc and I know a lot people are a lot worse off. However sometimes the whole bigger picture does get me down and hearing my Mum sound so dissonant made me sad.

Happy Hug Day!
    140638393_1794917843992160_1446935670612394678_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=2&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=gOPCjE_PoV4AX9UqYIl&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=e1970c03093e83461548e33fd9799d14&oe=602F24B3

It's also the 21st day of the 21st year of the 21st Century!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

It's also the 21st day of the 21st year of the 21st Century!

Hate to be pedantic but it's the 22nd year :D

• Advertisement

Caranica wrote: »
    Hate to be pedantic but it's the 22nd year :D

They said it on the news and mother popcorn keeps on telling me but I get what you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Crossed three robins on my walk today which gave me a little christmas buzz

Went for a walk this evening, 3 houses with lights Still up and lit. Trees in 2 of their windows too.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Went for a walk this evening, 3 houses with lights Still up and lit. Trees in 2 of their windows too.

Our lights are still up and so is our tree but we have taken off the decorations . 31st January is the last day for us this year. My daughter is 21 tomorrow so we are going to decorate the tree with 21st balloons etc. We’re living in mad times so we may as well do mad things :D

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Our lights are still up and so is our tree but we have taken off the decorations . 31st January is the last day for us this year. My daughter is 21 tomorrow so we are going to decorate the tree with 21st balloons etc. We’re living in mad times so we may as well do mad things :D

Good work Cork Lass. Thats lovely!

Cork Lass wrote: »

That’s brilliant I love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

My neighbour tree and decorations are still up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Our 21st tree :p

Oh, it's lovely! :):)

• Advertisement

Love your tree Cork lass :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

3 for €5 on Easter eggs at Tesco :)

Just as I'd gone through the withdrawal symptoms after overindulgence at christmas :pac:

Love the idea and tree Cork Lass. I'm sure your daughter loved it too.

I try to get through Shrove Tuesday before thinking about Easter :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

10 weeks to Easter, if any of us even mention Christmas before Dec 1st outside these safe walls the bah humbugs would eat us alive! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

That's a lovely tree Cork Lass. We've some snow falling now in Sligo.

• Advertisement

DenMan wrote: »
    That's a lovely tree Cork Lass. We've some snow falling now in Sligo.

Bright, clear & bitterly cold here in D15!

Happy Friday all!

Same as yesterday here...back from a freezing walk, cuppa in hand and little one playing away with his cars :)

I've been really trying to cut down on the treats and so far so good but Friday is our treat day so I'm mulling over my options....thinking crisps of some kind :)

Had a lovely catch up over zoom with a friend last night. It boosts the mood so much! Although, we were disturbed a good bit by little man who took an hour and a half to settle...his 12th tooth popped up overnight :D

Hope everyone's having a good day and staying well! Oh and happy 21st to your daughter, Cork Lass. Love the tree!!:)

Feels very quiet in here today.

I suspect after all the drama of the post 2000 song competition it was always going to be the case though... and its the end of another tough week after all.

Feels very quiet in here today.

I suspect after all the drama of the post 2000 song competition it was always going to be the case though... and its the end of another tough week after all.

Was thinking the same. Popped in a while ago to no bold posts, first time it's happened in ages :(

Personally, am plowing through the work so can try to finish up a bit early today so not a lot time to post.

TRS30 wrote: »
    Was thinking the same. Popped in a while ago to no bold posts, first time it's happened in ages :(

Personally, am plowing through the work so can try to finish up a bit early today so not a lot time to post.

Same. Trying to blitz through stuff so I can wrap up at 4pm & get out for a walk with the family.
    I wonder if those 3 houses will still have their lights & tree's up!?

• Advertisement

TRS30 wrote: »

Same!! :D

It was freezing this morning lovely and frosty as well, I had to take care out for my walk as it was so icy, still tho a lovely winters day!

I'm currently willing baby to keep napping...my neighbours made him stir there when they were heading out!

This Brexit thing is a nightmare. Spent ages putting an order together and went to checkout...delivery would have been £12! So frustrating.

On the plus side, we got a lovely delivery of Man of Aran fudge today!! Sent by my brother in law...hubby was so surprised...it was a little thank you present for him :) I think I know what my Friday night treat might be :D

Oh, lovely! :)

I don't mind (well, I DO, but yano...) a delivery charge if it's upfront, but it's a sneaky custom's tax that would really annoy me. Especially if you're waiting for a delivery, then have to go to the post office in person to pay the tax and collect something you thought was being brought to your door. :/

I just finished taking down the last of the decorations!

Right, laptop getting shutdown till Monday morning. Another working week has flown by, 2021 is keeping pace with 2020 so far, for me anyway. Single digit days left in January so will be February before we know it.

Will try to get on using touch over the weekend however if I don't, have a good one guys, stay warm and safe.

I always feel slightly hurt that TRS just sees us as a weekday nuisance and that checking in here is a work chore. :pac:

I always feel slightly hurt that TRS just sees us as a weekday nuisance and that checking in here is a work chore. :pac:

It’s like we are their work :eek:

:D

If you don't want me during the weekend, you don't deserve me during the week. :p

If you don't want me during the weekend, you don't deserve me during the week. :p

You made me LOL :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement