Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    Was I the only one who got a litte bit excited by the thought of lots of snow for next week?

Normally I'd dread it but it appeals atm.

I’m extremely excited about the prospect of snow especially if we don’t have anywhere to go.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

C'mon snow!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

My reindeer is still in the garden waiting patiently :D

Love snow, but am also loving the sunshine today :)

Happy Friday everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Grey, cloudy, rainy...sums up where I am! We managed to get out for a walk but it started raining halfway through. Oh well!

Had a 3 hour zoom with friends last night...was wrecked by the end of it!! So lovely to catch up with people though :)

I have a confession...I ordered gift boxes of sweets from Sweet Factory for hubby's birthday which is next month...we're halfway through them already and we only got them yesterday! Phew, feel so much better after getting that off my chest :D

Hope everyone has a lovely Friday...how is it Friday already!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Looks like you'll have to order more jellybear. :D It was sunny here about an hour but it's after getting very overcast and drizzly now. The rain before the snow I believe! Going to get back to writing on my story soon. 500 words a day minimum. Have a great day all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Happy Friday all!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=542131&d=1612523563

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

DenMan wrote: »
    It was sunny here about an hour but it's after getting very overcast and drizzly now. The rain before the snow I believe!

Similar here, grey, gloomy & light drizzle. :(
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Similar here, grey, gloomy & light drizzle. :(

Drizzle stopped here and weak sunshine at the minute. Lots of cloud around so wouldn't last long :(

Its been such a brutal week I'm very bloody tempted to stick on a christmas tune or two... i may dip in to Christmas FM classical for a gander in fact, never really listen to it in season at all.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Is anyone else finding the lockdown easy, but very boring at the moment.

Like I'm fortunate I have a job that takes up most of my day, and by the time I work out and make dinner, it's generally 8pm. I don't really know what to be doing with myself. Theres nothing good on tv, and I'm just waiting until 10 so I can go the bed.

I can't wait for this country to reopen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Its been such a brutal week I'm very bloody tempted to stick on a christmas tune or two... i may dip in to Christmas FM classical for a gander in fact, never really listen to it in season at all.

Yeah this week has been tough. I ordered some Whiskey during the week, so I'm looking forward to trying them tonight,

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Is anyone else finding the lockdown easy, but very boring at the moment.

Like I'm fortunate I have a job that takes up most of my day, and by the time I work out and make dinner, it's generally 8pm. I don't really know what to be doing with myself. Theres nothing good on tv, and I'm just waiting until 10 so I can go the bed.

I can't wait for this country to reopen.

I hurt my back on Sunday, so I can't even properly get out for walks at the moment, so the house is beginning to feel a bit like a prison, here all day every day.

The drizzle arrived :(

Funnily enough its brightened up a good bit here now. Hoping to wrap up for 4pm & head out for a walk & some fresh air to settle me in to the weekend. Friday evening after turning off the PC is my favourite time of the week as the whole weekend is ahead of me and if I can manage some fresh air too its a lovely way to relax.

Funnily enough its brightened up a good bit here now. Hoping to wrap up for 4pm & head out for a walk & some fresh air to settle me in to the weekend. Friday evening after turning off the PC is my favourite time of the week as the whole weekend is ahead of me and if I can manage some fresh air too its a lovely way to relax.

Popped out to the shop earlier for some fresh air. Got caught in a shower :mad:

Downloaded Megan Trainors Christmas album today purely because I liked her duet with Seth McFarlane on Christmas fm, surprised at how good the album is. A nice addition to the Christmas collection.

Milo's still enjoying his Christmas cushion :D

Hope everyone's having a nice, relaxed Saturday :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Aaaaah, the cuteness :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

He is beautiful. I've always said I'd like to adopt a rescue greyhound but the wife won't let me, "they're too big" :)

• Advertisement

Awh the bigger the better! He gives the best cuddles :D

jellybear wrote: »

Adorable!

Having a relaxing Saturday now after bringing my doggo on a play date.

Loughc wrote: »
    Adorable!

Having a relaxing Saturday now after bringing my doggo on a play date.

How’s the back doing?

TRS30 wrote: »
    How’s the back doing?

Was much better yesterday. Had to take a pain killer when I got home today. Did too much. Walk/play with dog. Trip to Tesco and the recycling centre.

It’s getting there tho. I just need to slow it down I’m eager to get back to where i was before I hurt my back.

Was much better yesterday. Had to take a pain killer when I got home today. Did too much. Walk/play with dog. Trip to Tesco and the recycling centre.

It’s getting there tho. I just need to slow it down I’m eager to get back to where i was before I hurt my back.

I can sympathise, as someone who struggles with sciatica I know all about back pain and how frustrating it is. It can stop you doing the most basic of things we take for granted. Even worse if it hits you and stops you in your tracks when in a good run of exercise. Hopefully it clears up quickly for you and you're back in the groove in no time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

He is beautiful. I've always said I'd like to adopt a rescue greyhound but the wife won't let me, "they're too big" :)

Try and get a rescue puppy greyhound and tell her that it's not meant to grow that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭Jude13

Loughc, hope the back clears up, I had to go to the doc with mine this morning its been about 4 weeks no. Pain killers and physio recommended.

Any snow at home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

My forecast says snow in 2 hours...... not that I’m waiting or anything

My forecast says snow in 2 hours...... not that I’m waiting or anything

My forecast says no snow until Thursday :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

No snow in Dublin yet, lots of rain overnight so it will take a lot to stay.

Looking forward to the rugby today, also going to finish putting Christmas away, it seems to take so much longer to put everything away than put it up. My Christmas tree box burst when I was closing it but a bag is on the way from Amazon so I should have it this afternoon.

Where I am, we won't have snow until Tuesday, even then it won't be much, Thursday is looking like it'll be the best day, fingers crossed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

My forecast says no snow until Thursday :(

Well it’s still not snowing here! Supposed to be flutters over the next few days and then major snow on Thursday. Which is great but badly timed as I’m due to collect a birthday gift for my baby on Thursday from Carrickmines - which if it snows will definitely get lots

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Loyal Lady

Ah jellybear, Milo is gorgeous. My sister had a retired greyhound who was the most beautiful pet.

He’s a gorgeous dog jelly bear.

Awh thanks guys! He's my best pal :)

• Advertisement

Morning kids, it's a cold one out there! Real snowy weather!!

Hope all had a nice weekend.

Dropped some Christmas goodies and a couple of jigsaws over the folks yesterday. As I've mentioned before, my Mum has been struggling this lockdown however seemed in better form. The jigsaws are really keeping them going. Think they have done about 8 since Christmas!

For another one looking for snow this week they may be disappointed, our friends in the Weather forum have indicated there's a warm front coming in from the Atlantic that's most likely going to turn the snow to rain.

For another one looking for snow this week they may be disappointed, our friends in the Weather forum have indicated there's a warm front coming in from the Atlantic that's most likely going to turn the snow to rain.

Suspected this might happen, so just to keep the groundhog day effect going we've more rain to keep us company through lockdown, you couldn't make this up. Getting so frustrated by all of this now, and still at least 4 more weeks of this level 5 to go..:mad::(

Just had a little tinnie tiny flurry of snow. It was cute.

Just had a little tinnie tiny flurry of snow. It was cute.

Got a tease here earlier as well. Came to nothing :(

• Advertisement

TRS30 wrote: »
    Got a tease here earlier as well. Came to nothing :(

Same. A few flakes blew past the window as I was on a zoom call, but they disappeared as quickly as they arrived.

Bloody cold this morning though, normally I'm too warm in my little office here but cant get the heat into me at all today.

Bloody cold this morning though, normally I'm too warm in my little office here but cant get the heat into me at all today.

Same here! Absolutely freezing in my home office this morning too, dreading the lunchtime doggo walk today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭pigtail33

It is bitterly cold out there. Just back from my lunchtime walk. I walk around in a loop and I'd swear the wind was in my face all the way around. Had a little flurry of snow too, but not enough to stick. Mesh toed runners just don't cut it in that wind, even with thermal socks underneath!

pigtail33 wrote: »
    It is bitterly cold out there. Just back from my lunchtime walk. I walk around in a loop and I'd swear the wind was in my face all the way around. Had a little flurry of snow too, but not enough to stick.

We had a similar lunchtime walk haha

I got caught in a snow shower in my evening walk with the doggo. It was windy and snowy and it started coming down just as I was passing a lamppost. Pure Christmassy moment.

Shame it’s February :pac:

I got caught in a snow shower in my evening walk with the doggo. It was windy and snowy and it started coming down just as I was passing a lamppost. Pure Christmassy moment.

Always loved images like that, snowy winter nights with street lights illuminating the snow, there's just something magical about that kind of imagery that conjours up thoughts of Christmas.

Shame indeed lad. Christmas feels like it was 6 months ago, with this type of weather I wish there was decorations everywhere :)

Always loved images like that, snowy winter nights with street lights illuminating the snow, there's just something magical about that kind of imagery that contours up thoughts of Christmas.

That's a lovely way to put it, very poetic! You've given me a warm fuzzy feeling inside :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Well we're into the 290's!

Well we're into the 290's!

I think you’re a little bit confused there freshpopcorn- the countdown says 319 days to go :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement