Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Well we're into the 290's!
    Cork Lass wrote: »
    I think you’re a little bit confused there freshpopcorn- the countdown says 319 days to go :pac:

Im loving the wishful thinking though:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Less than 3 weeks to the 200s though, getting out of the 300s is thd first real milestone in the countdown. Then getting the weeks into the 30s really gets us on our way.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Less than 3 weeks to the 200s though, getting out of the 300s is thd first real milestone in the countdown. Then getting the weeks into the 30s really gets us on our way.

Will be at 100 before we know it and we all know what it's like from there :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Some snow out and still snowing according to my doorbell camera (I may still be in bed :D )

Luckily I've nowhere to go, expecting a few deliveries today but not the end of the world if they're delayed.

Stay safe and warm everyone x

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Caranica wrote: »
    Some snow out and still snowing according to my doorbell camera (I may still be in bed :D )

Luckily I've nowhere to go, expecting a few deliveries today but not the end of the world if they're delayed.

Stay safe and warm everyone x

A good flurry of snow here as well and it is FREEZING out!!

TRS30 wrote: »
    Will be at 100 before we know it and we all know what it's like from there :eek:

To be fair, the stretch from 350 odd down to 299 seems the longest, despite being the shortest by a considerable margin, they all seem to pick up a pace after that, each one going faster than the previous.

Normally I don't notice the summer months countdown as I like that time of year with the longer evenings etc. Really feel the early year drag & late year sprint moreso!! Expect that to be no different this year, as long as we have no more lockdowns anyway.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Loughc wrote: »
    A good flurry of snow here as well and it is FREEZING out!!

Is alternating between hail and snow here!

Caranica would stay there if I were you!

Funnily enough I dont feel as cold today as I did yesterday, but everytime I look out the window it gives me a shiver, it looks baltic out!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

There's a constant little flurry of snow out there at the moment, and how perfect would that have been for Christmas weather, like it's not enough to stop travel, but sitting there with the glow or Christmas tree lgihts looknig out the window watching it slowly fall.

Mentally I'm there haha.

• Advertisement

There's a constant little flurry of snow out there at the moment, and how perfect would that have been for Christmas weather, like it's not enough to stop travel, but sitting there with the glow or Christmas tree lgihts looknig out the window watching it slowly fall.

Mentally I'm there haha.

Loughc, Loughc.....

'Sorry, was in my happy place' :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I was going to chance a walk today but I just had to put something in the outside bins and its bitter.
    Much nicer to watch the snow flurries from the toasty indoors!

It is so cold :D no proper flurries here yet, don't really expect to get them, but am hoping for a small bit for my lunchtime walk!

Sod it, sticking on Christmas FM classical. Started listening to it for the first time last week & really enjoyed it, its a nice relaxing backdrop to WFH and with the snow drifing lazily by my window it seems fitting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Sod it, sticking on Christmas FM classical. Started listening to it for the first time last week & really enjoyed it, its a nice relaxing backdrop to WFH and with the snow drifing lazily by my window it seems fitting.

Put it on this morning - need a soundtrack to match the weather

I actually got up early for me (the joys of unemployment) then baked scones and oatmeal cranberry and coconut cookies, cleaned the kitchen and I'm now absolutely shattered! Still there's nothing like home baking on a cold winter's day.

• Advertisement

I actually got up early for me (the joys of unemployment) then baked scones and oatmeal cranberry and coconut cookies, cleaned the kitchen and I'm now absolutely shattered! Still there's nothing like home baking on a cold winter's day.

That sounds lovely Caranica, those cookies sound divine in fact!! May need to pop down now for a cuppa and a biscuit now!:)

Eh that sounds amazing! How do you feel about setting up a business supplying us all with baked goodies? I would happily work for free as the taste tester :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Lovely crisp and cold day outside. Went out for a walk earlier and always loved it when you can see your breadth in the clean air. Hopefully we get another good night of stars tonight now. Have a great Tuesday everybody!

Eh that sounds amazing! How do you feel about setting up a business supplying us all with baked goodies? I would happily work for free as the taste tester :D

The cookies are yummy but I think I overbaked the scones a little. I'm not someone who bakes a lot, I only did one year of home economics in school and decided feck that :D part of the problem is that I effectively live alone (I have a lodger I rarely see) so if I bake I have to eat it. So I don't do it very often.

Had a yearning for a cranberry oatmeal cookie last night so trawling for something that was on the biscuit side of cookie last night I found this recipe, next project will be her Nutella shortbread, it looks amazing!

https://family-friends-food.com/coconut-cranberry-oatmeal-cookies/

Lovely little bit of snow on the ground this morning... was dreaming about ChristmasFM last night and all, I think it's time to throw on ChristmasFM classical too.

• Advertisement

Lovely little bit of snow on the ground this morning... was dreaming about ChristmasFM last night and all, I think it's time to throw on ChristmasFM classical too.

Was a nice light covering here as well when i looked out the bedroom window earlier. Was still dark as well so street lights gave off a lovely glow.

I couldn't get it to work through the website yesterday so had to use Stream to listen in online.

*edit* same again today, no idea why. But working fine on stream & Tunein.

Great to see some sunshine.

Great to see some sunshine.

Tis good for the soul :)

I'm about to pop out for some fresh air, it's Baltic but the sky is lovely and blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

I walked past O'Connells pub and it still looks mighty festive with green garlands and its red facade...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Just saw online that the town of Tankerton in Kent have turned back on their Christmas lights.
    They have had a layer of snow and they want to cheer everyone up in the Covid gloom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Just saw online that the town of Tankerton in Kent have turned back on their Christmas lights.
    They have had a layer of snow and they want to cheer everyone up in the Covid gloom.

Our outdoor lights are still up but switched off. My husband says if it snows tomorrow he’s going to turn them on :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭nightie

I’ve solved the whether you keep them up lights dilemma.
    Had left a string of star lights over my office table to keep the Christmas spirit alive. Just replaced them with some love heart lights which will stay put for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Birthdays, Anniversaries etc.

Snow!!! :D

• Advertisement

Snow!!! :D

Where!! :eek:

Just a cold blustery day here, no sign of snow tho.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

There are some very heavy looking grey clouds out here in D15, I'd be expecting a bit of snow out of them :D

Where!! :eek:

Just a cold blustery day here, no sign of snow tho.

County Galway :D

miamee wrote: »
    There are some very heavy looking grey clouds out here in D15, I'd be expecting a bit of snow out of them :D

I agree neighbour!

I had to go out to move my car to a safer spot neighbour crashed into it yesterday, minor damage, but given the slope coming down from the top of our development I wanted to be well out of the way if more snow is due. Didn't think it was as cold as Tuesday but definitely blustery. Sky out the front looks like snow, sky out the back doesn't :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Snowing heavy here in Kilkenny :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Not even a flurry here in Kerry :(

Nothing here so far (north county Dub). Is bitterly cold though!

Nothing here so far (north county Dub). Is bitterly cold though!

Yeah, theres a real bitter cold feel at the moment. Maybe its my age but man I'm really feeling it these days, even with the heating on I'm struggling to get the heat in to me.

• Advertisement

Yeah, theres a real bitter cold feel at the moment. Maybe its my age but man I'm really feeling it these days, even with the heating on I'm struggling to get the heat in to me.

Not ashamed to say I've been wearing two pairs of socks around the house the last few days.

Not ashamed to say I've been wearing two pairs of socks around the house the last few days.

I feel it in my hands mostly, have had lots of impact injuries over the years from sport (Hockey & Hurling) and when the cold weather arrives I struggle with them.

We've a nice dusting here, and it's still coming down.

Not just you,this is the coldest I've remembered it being since 2018 and Storm Emma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We've just wet snow.
    We were having ham for our dinner Today and in Aldi last night I saw a bit of turkey and we made stuffing also! I decided to go all out for the snow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

I was going to go out for a walk today but after spending 10 mins outside in the shed gathering firewood I'll give it a break today. The windchill is bitingly cold. Reckon I'll work on my writing with a hot chocolate by the fiire. Keep warm all and don't go out unless you have to! Mind yourselves.

• Advertisement

DenMan wrote: »
    I was going to go out for a walk today but after spending 10 mins outside in the shed gathering firewood I'll give it a break today. The windchill is bitingly cold. Reckon I'll work on my writing with a hot chocolate by the fiire. Keep warm all and don't go out unless you have to! Mind yourselves.

Just back from my lunchtime walk with the doggo, wow that wind chill really is something else, so cold! Phone says feels like -5 I believe it, glad I went now that I'm back home in the warmth!

Still snowing here and it’s staying :) A real Christmas feel to the place :) Collected new doggie today aswell so he is my present to myself :D

Oh Autosport, he is gorgeous! Have you a name picked?

nightie wrote: »
    Oh Autosport, he is gorgeous! Have you a name picked?

Alfie :) He is so adorable and so placid :)

A beautiful name! My lady here is sitting on my lap. She has been the best company during lockdown. Alfie has landed on his feet with you! All the best for the both of ye.

• Advertisement
Advertisement