Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Allegedly its to reach 20 degrees in Dublin (believe it when I see it mind) & we could have snow on Easter Monday on the saem weather models... bizarre!

Was checking the weather forecast for the week yesterday and was all over the place. Sun cream one day and winter hats the next!

No wonder everyone is getting colds (colds still existing and everyone with a runny nose or cough does not have Covid!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

We had snow last Friday! Was feckin' freezing! Lovely to see some sunshine out there alright! Got some summer seeds planted yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

So how'd it go then? All good I hope!

Thanks, and thanks everyone. I'm genuinely excited about this job. Trying to adjust to an 8 hour working day after a year off is not easy though. I'm shattered!! Just glad I start with two short weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We're into the 260's and the last day of March/First quarter!

We're into the 260's and the last day of March/First quarter!

With Q1 done and the fact Q4 is pretty much Christmas, we are only 6 months away :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

TRS30 wrote: »
    With Q1 done and the fact Q4 is pretty much Christmas, we are only 6 months away :eek:

Once we get to rudolph day 3 i consider the first quarter in the countdown done. MY months are 25th to 25th not full calendar months :D so we're well into the second quarter now....:cool:
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Once we get to rudolph day 3 i consider the first quarter in the countdown done. MY months are 25th to 25th not full calendar months :D so we're well into the second quarter now....:cool:

i get paid on the 25th as well so kind of do the same.

Still a Nov. 1st kinda guy for the season starting. Need to get Halloween out of the way IMO.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Still a Nov. 1st kinda guy for the season starting. Need to get Halloween out of the way IMO.

I'd be similar, don't want to peak too early!

I guess once Sept comes i start thing more about what I need for this year, more decorations, ordering presents if might be hard and what house things we want to get done etc.

I'd be similar, don't want to peak too early!

I guess once Sept comes i start thing more about what I need for this year, more decorations, ordering presents if might be hard and what house things we want to get done etc.

I hear ya, & agree. Our planning starts in September in reality. As soon as the kids go back to school we start getting stuff organised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Absolutely! With being off work for the last week in December I count the year over by about the 22nd of Dec :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Well my father in law is finally taking his outdoor Christmas decorations down. He's literally had a reindeer and a snowman just stuck in the garden since Christmas. I reckon they are destroyed now - totally covered in rust :(

It's definitely not looking like Christmas out my back. Is proper roasting out there!!

Happy April everybody.
    We're into the second quarter now and have a bank holiday at start of every month in it. By the end we'll be at the half way point and only weeks away from tubs of sweets.

11180950_1255801651102673_6456434329862283964_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=9267fe&_nc_ohc=kNa_rkm9wR8AX-SWcCL&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=6af6e3dd9bfa3577622d7a9524308877&oe=60896054

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭Jude13

I've already had Santa on the phone checking in on our youngest elf as she was throwing a wobbler, the effect from tantrum to angel was instantaneous. I didnt think it would work, and it was the first time I have done this. I don't think it's fair to make a regular thing of it though.

Jude13 wrote: »
    I've already had Santa on the phone checking in on our youngest elf as she was throwing a wobbler, the effect from tantrum to angel was instantaneous. I didnt think it would work, and it was the first time I have done this. I don't think it's fair to make a regular thing of it though.

You obviously do a mean Santa voice :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Growing up Easter seemed like so much more of a bigger deal than it is now.

Maybe it was because of the school holidays and you got 2 weeks off, same as Christmas.

I defintely remember TV guides referencing Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday and there used to be a great lineup of Movies on to watch while gorging chocolate.

Haven’t checked the TV for the next few days. Any decent movies on?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Haven’t checked the TV for the next few days. Any decent movies on?

John wick 3 is on tonight....

• Advertisement

I posted a few months ago about the problem with this thread on mobile. Anyone else not seeing a new page until there are three posts on it? So the thread shows up as having new posts on "my forums" but I can't see the posts unless there are at least two more :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ah yeah, that happens me with all forums/threads. Seems to be an ongoing issue.

I get that with the countdown thread on phone for some reason. I can’t see the latest post even thought it tell me one is there. I have to go into the full site to see it!

Only that thread for some reason.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/brits-furious-over-shrinkflation-fave-23843078.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Not directly Christmas related but thought it interesting that chocolate topped the items changed most and quality street tubs topped them all.

I get that with the countdown thread on phone for some reason. I can’t see the latest post even thought it tell me one is there. I have to go into the full site to see it!

Only that thread for some reason.

Only happens me with this thread and Munster thread in rugby forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Caranica wrote: »
    I posted a few months ago about the problem with this thread on mobile. Anyone else not seeing a new page until there are three posts on it? So the thread shows up as having new posts on "my forums" but I can't see the posts unless there are at least two more :(

Happens to me on all forums on the site, the damn glitch

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    Happens to me on all forums on the site, the damn glitch

Only ever happens to me on this thread. I find switching from touch site to full site and back on the phone fixes it.

My default setting is 40 posts per page, so at least that stops it happening too much.

Hi All. Hope everyone has a very Happy Easter Weekend.

Going to cook a ham and have stuffing, roasters and plenty of mash tomorrow, anyone else having a mini Christmas dinner planned for tomorrow?

ps. Wish I had a few crackers for pulling at the table :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Going to cook a ham and have stuffing, roasters and plenty of mash tomorrow, anyone else having a mini Christmas dinner planned for tomorrow?

Sounds unreal!!

We're getting a takeaway...very bold but we deserve it :D

Hope everyone has a lovely long weekend. Enjoy all the chocolate :D

Leg of lamb for us for dinner on Easter Sunday.

• Advertisement

My family always does that, turkey and ham and everything except sprouts. Alas they're at the other end of the country so it will just be my parents and one sister and her family. My parents look after the kids so they're already in a bubble. Haven't seen them since Christmas and God only knows when we'll be allowed to travel again.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭A cup of te

We've a full homemade Christmas pudding here that we didn't eat at Christmas so we're having that tomorrow along with a turkey and ham dinner.
    AND we're over a quarter of the way there, folks :-)

Full chicken in the oven, going to put some veg and roasters on soon. Eating out the back under the parasall :)

Last of the Christmas selection boxes are going out of date so going to do a pre Easter egg hunt for the kids so they can run around while we have a nice glass of white!

Hope all having a nice Easter so far.

Ooohh nice, have to say lamb is my favourite meat of all. But wife hates it so have to wait till I get back to my Mam's or to a carvery next time I have some.

I wanted lamb for dinner on Sunday as well. But Dunnes were completely cleared out of lamb by Thursday.

So it’ll be rib-eye steak for dinner instead.

Wish I had a few crackers for pulling at the table :)
    I have a box of crackers if you're within 5kms of me. :pac:

Tesco had Easter crackers in stock this year, I'd never seen them for sale there any other year.

167680469_460103981858433_7736324978345452420_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=FsJldCvEqpoAX-C0R3X&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=61316e20706864d98d59444a3f5224a9&oe=608E141D

We went to an Easter themed brunch yesterday and it was lovely. There was stuff for the kids, and person dressed up as the Easter bunny, goodie bag and the food was great. I had the lamb, it might be my favorite meat.

The place was so nice that we decided we would do a Christmas brunch there if we end up stuck here this year.

Happy Easter guys.

Hope you all get the eggs you want :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭PaulT21

We went to an Easter themed brunch yesterday and it was lovely. There was stuff for the kids, and person dressed up as the Easter bunny, goodie bag and the food was great. I had the lamb, it might be my favorite meat.

The place was so nice that we decided we would do a Christmas brunch there if we end up stuck here this year.

Sounds lovely Jude:D Things are less rosy here unfortunately. Its a struggle to get a Big Mac here with the queue for the drive in, and that's if you are within 5 kilometres of the McD:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Happy Easter everyone. Have an eggcellent day! :D

Happy Easter everyone! :)

Looks like another smashing day out there is on the cards, its like the weather is making it up to us for all the restrictions we've endured. So have a happy Easter everyone... looking forward to my roast lamb, mint sauce, roast potatoes and roast veg dinner too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭appledrop

Happy Easter everyone, the Easter bunny arrived here!

Lovely to see another lovely sunny day.

PaulT21 wrote: »
    Sounds lovely Jude:D Things are less rosy here unfortunately. Its a struggle to get a Big Mac here with the queue for the drive in, and that's if you are within 5 kilometres of the McD:)

I know, I do feel bad after typing that. I have no idea how the vaccine roll out is going so slow at home. Everyone I know is vaccinated or like me awaiting my second jab.

May favorite chipper at home would be within 5km but not sure its even open.

All my pals at home are sending pictures of the lovely weather. They always stick the boot in when its near 50 here and we are stuck indoors for months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭PaulT21

I know, I do feel bad after typing that. I have no idea how the vaccine roll out is going so slow at home. Everyone I know is vaccinated or like me awaiting my second jab.

May favorite chipper at home would be within 5km but not sure its even open.

All my pals at home are sending pictures of the lovely weather. They always stick the boot in when its near 50 here and we are stuck indoors for months.

I wasn't trying to make you feel bad Jude and there is no reason for you to. Im delighted to see that there is light for you and for us all at the end of the tunnel:D
    Im just jealous really:):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

There's a Christmas film on VM3 right now!

It's snowing!!

It's snowing!!

It’s snowing here too. While also being Sunny.

And only yesterday I was sitting out the back in the sun drinking cider. Ireland is mad y’all.

• Advertisement

washiskin wrote: »
    There's a Christmas film on VM3 right now!

Just looked it up there, "Recipe for a Perfect Christmas" sounds very hallmark, was it any good?

Advertisement