Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Girly Gal wrote: »
    The tie against Atletico was lost in the first leg, because we failed to score it was an uphill battle to get through after that. We didn't even have a shot on target, Atletico had 2 and scored 1(Alisson was in goal). In the second leg we were wasteful, had enough chances to win in 90 mins. Of course Adrian's blunders ultimately cost us, but, the damage was done in the away tie.
    Would we have won the CL if we had gotten through it's hard to know, Leipzig dealt with Atletico much better than we did, PSG were no walk over and Bayern improved substantially from when we played them last year, we'll never know, but, there was a long way to go in the CL after the Atletico match.

Leipzig played Atletico in a one off match on a neutral ground and won in the 88th minute ,

It was totally different circumstance than our games ,
    In fact we beat them handily 1-0 over 90 minutes ,

I reckon we would have won, but of course it doesn't matter for anything ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Leipzig played Atletico in a one off match on a neutral ground and won in the 88th minute ,

It was totally different circumstance than our games ,
    In fact we beat them handily 1-0 over 90 minutes ,

I reckon we would have won, but of course it doesn't matter for anything ,

Atletico beat us handily over 90 minutes in the first leg,we didn't even have a shot on target.
    I'd agree we'd probably beat Leipzig, but, there's no guarantee we'd have beaten PSG or Bayern

Atletico beat us handily over 90 minutes in the first leg,we didn't even have a shot on target.
    I'd agree we'd probably beat Leipzig, but, there's no guarantee we'd have beaten PSG or Bayern

No guarantee but I personally believe we would have but as I said we shall never know ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The tie against Atletico was lost in the first leg, because we failed to score it was an uphill battle to get through after that. We didn't even have a shot on target, Atletico had 2 and scored 1(Alisson was in goal). In the second leg we were wasteful, had enough chances to win in 90 mins. Of course Adrian's blunders ultimately cost us, but, the damage was done in the away tie.
    Would we have won the CL if we had gotten through it's hard to know, Leipzig dealt with Atletico much better than we did, PSG were no walk over and Bayern improved substantially from when we played them last year, we'll never know, but, there was a long way to go in the CL after the Atletico match.

This is awful revisionism.

In the away leg, Atletico scored because of a lucky deflection and bounce from a corner which fell into the path of an attacker with nobody marking him 2 yards out from goal. It didn't matter what GK there was. Atletico's 2nd shot was actually a good save by Alisson, and an important one. What exactly are you trying to say? Blame Alisson for conceding the goal is it? Or what was the purpose in saying he was in goal.

And shots on target doesn't mean no good chances were created. Salah had a very good shot that was going in, only for a last ditch deflection from a defender to put it just over the bar. Int he 2nd half, he put a header narrowly wide, and Henderson had a very good chance too.

Fitz* wrote: »
    This is awful revisionism.

In the away leg, Atletico scored because of a lucky deflection and bounce from a corner which fell into the path of an attacker with nobody marking him 2 yards out from goal. It didn't matter what GK there was. Atletico's 2nd shot was actually a good save by Alisson, and an important one. What exactly are you trying to say? Blame Alisson for conceding the goal is it? Or what was the purpose in saying he was in goal.

And shots on target doesn't mean no good chances were created. Salah had a very good shot that was going in, only for a last ditch deflection from a defender to put it just over the bar. Int he 2nd half, he put a header narrowly wide, and Henderson had a very good chance too.

I wasn't blaming Alisson for the goal, it was a lucky goal it was more to remind people that Adrian wasn't playing. Regarding Salah's shot what was the defence supposed to do, get out of the way to let the Liverpool score? We didn't do enough that nght to get the draw, it wasn't a bad performance overall, but, just didn't create enough chances against a stubborn Atletico side.

My point is by not scoring away we left ourselves open to Atletico scoring a breakaway goal or lucky goal. No matter how you dominate a match your opponent is likely to get one or two opportunities to score, unfortunately that's what happened in the second leg when Adrian gifted them the 2 goals. If we had scored in the first leg, the 2nd leg wouldn't have gone to extra time. Also to compound matters we were wasteful in the second leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Ardent

Atletico game was lost in the 2nd leg with Adrian's howler. No two ways about it. Up to that point, we were comfortably bossing them and cruising to the next round.

Ardent wrote: »
    Atletico game was lost in the 2nd leg with Adrian's howler. No two ways about it. Up to that point, we were comfortably bossing them and cruising to the next round.

We weren't cruising, on top in the game yes, but, an away goal from going out, it was in the balance and while we looked the more likely to go through, once they scored we kinda faded away, obviously their second goal killed off the tie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Ardent wrote: »

The tie was lost when we didn't get the draw in Madrid. It meant we were walking a tightrope the whole night of the second leg against an away goal. I cannot remember us being comfortable the whole match due to that reason, even leading 2-0 you are one lucky deflection away from going out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

The covid factor can't be understated when talking about that game. There was a strange atmosphere which caught up with the players eventually.

We weren't cruising, on top in the game yes, but, an away goal from going out, it was in the balance and while we looked the more likely to go through, once they scored we kinda faded away, obviously their second goal killed off the tie

We still had an outside chance, although we were probably spent by then, before Llorente scored the second goal. But Firmino loses the ball on the edge of their box and they just run down the length of the field and one pass and a shot with 3 players around him and its done.

That is why I am confused people think Adrian is solely responsible for us not going through. Were were out on our feet and still had 23 minutes to go before he scored his first. I don't know how anyone can say with confidence if that pass goes high into the stands we still make it. We ran ourselves ragged to get to 1-0 and then 2-0. We had nothing in the tank after that and it showed with the second we conceded.

• Advertisement

sabat wrote: »
    The covid factor can't be understated when talking about that game. There was a strange atmosphere which caught up with the players eventually.

Match should never have been played. Why it was allowed to go ahead is crazy.

As for my previous posts on this, I know his mistake knocked us out. He doesn't do that and we have a chance to go through, but there is no guarantee we would have held out. Atletico scored when they attacked us in the first match and if they decided to attack us in extra time we would have had to be very good defensively to hold out and during that stretch we weren't very good even with Alisson in the team (3-0 Watford). Tough luck on timing but those are the breaks you need to win the competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Read somewhere they werent actually injured, they were waiting for results from a Covid 19 test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Karius' loan confirmed for the season to Union Berlin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

So that's some wages off the books.

Still wonder what the plan is for Grujic, Wilson and Brewster. I don't see all three leaving this late, and the latter 2 are homegrown...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

scenes when ali drops one into the net later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Does this mean Kelleher stays at the club as number 3 goalkeeper??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Dickerty wrote: »
    So that's some wages off the books.

Still wonder what the plan is for Grujic, Wilson and Brewster. I don't see all three leaving this late, and the latter 2 are homegrown...

None of them would need to be replaced if they left anyway, so I'd say all just depends on what sorts of offers come in over the next week.

Ideally Wilson sold, Grujic loaned back to Hertha (wouldn't mind him being an option back at Liverpool next year when Ox's future is clearer, Gini's likely gone, and Milner is a year older) and Brewster loaned to SheffU.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

I fall more in love with this team every single day.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Read somewhere they werent actually injured, they were waiting for results from a Covid 19 test

I told ye it must have been something that went wrong with the baptism.

They likely broke a few social distancing rules during the ceremony to get the job done & when it was found out by the club they had to get precautionary testing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Some are saying that Alisson is fit, but Thiago won't be available.

And to be honest, I'll take that. Especially if Gomez is also fit & Fabinho then becomes an option in midfield again, alongside Keita & Gini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Tonight's team:

Mane---Firmino---Salah

Wijnaldum---Fab---Keita

Robertson--VVD---Gomez---TAA

Allison

You heard it here first. If I get it right I must be considered an ITK from now on.

Tusky wrote: »
    Tonight's team:

Mane---Firmino---Salah

Wijnaldum---Fab---Keita

Allison

You heard it here first. If I get it right I must be considered an ITK from now on.

Tier 1: Tusky

Tier 2: Joyce, Pearce & Reddy.

Tier 3: Maddock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Enzokk wrote: »
    I cannot remember us being comfortable the whole match due to that reason, even leading 2-0 you are one lucky deflection away from going out.
    Or one keeper howler from going out, which is what happened. We were on top, they were struggling and had to score, we didn’t. It deflated the team after playing so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Always a worry when Hendo is not playing.

Always a worry when Hendo is not playing.

We always let parts of games just drift by when he's not there,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Tonight's team:

Mane---Firmino---Salah

Wijnaldum---Fab---Keita

Allison

Reckon you've nailed the team there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Going to be driving tonight, anybody know of match commentary/radio station playing the match that I could stream on my phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

No Adrian...woohoo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Tonight's team:

Mane---Firmino---Salah

Wijnaldum---Fab---Keita

Allison

You might get a gig with the athletic now.

Injury prone Thiago out! We got a good 45 mins out of him at least. Team picked itself after that.

Thought Shaq would be good for a place on the bench after Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So then massive panic over. Great to see the alt front three all on the bench - options to mix it up in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Luiz starts for arsenal. Glorious

Tusky revealed as Liverpool's bus driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Alisson howler guaranteed now :pac:

Alisson howler and Luiz stormer guaranteed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Tonight's team:

Mane---Firmino---Salah

Wijnaldum---Fab---Keita

Allison

I am now tier 1

Tusky revealed as Liverpool's bus driver.

Tusky buvac

rob316 wrote: »
    Luiz starts for arsenal. Glorious

There worse without him,
    A couple of poor games he had at the end of last season he was playing injured, He's one of the first names on there team sheet,

rob316 wrote: »
    You might get a gig with the athletic now.

aim higher Tusk, an evening supplement called 'Tusk at Dusk' or something.

Wonder will Thiago be fit for Thursday or the weekend

I'm hoping this is a rarity with Thiago & everyone calling him a sick note when discussing his potential transfer won't be proved right.

Yeah hopefully he isn’t the new Daniel.

*Cue headlines tomorrow of him backing himself to join Liverpool.

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Going to be driving tonight, anybody know of match commentary/radio station playing the match that I could stream on my phone?

It'll be on BBC 5live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

It'll be on BBC 5live

Can you stream 5 live on phone or is it geo blocked?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement