Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Tusky wrote: »
    Does anyone have the video of Klopp's interview?

Here is the full interview in glorious HD ;). Fcuk sky and their sh1thousery

https://streamable.com/7j4u9d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Is there anything more scary than an angry German?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Leicester looked poor, Rodgers over thinks at times, they never played their game, it was '' lets send everything down liverpools left''
    Great plan Sherlock, send everything to the most reliable man on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Hitting over 400,000 views on social media in well under a day for an interview that isn't promoted by any broadcaster. Not bad going.

Social Media can be the pits, but it also has the advantage of we, the public deciding what we can see, rather than the traditional media deciding what we should not see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Leicester looked poor, Rodgers over thinks at times, they never played their game, it was '' lets send everything down liverpools left''
    Great plan Sherlock, send everything to the most reliable man on the pitch.
    It was more than that - he rolled the dice by not playing short and trying to bypass the press - what I'd imagine he didn't count on was Leicester hardly winning any 2nd balls. Our midfield wasn't amazing last night but fúck me they recycled the ball over and over again. Thielmans, Maddisson, Barnes - fellas you'd expect to get on the end of breaks or a header flicked on, didn't get much of a sniff. The industry of our midfield and full backs in winning the ball back were what caused us to dominate territory so much in that game. So that roll didn't work out for Rodgers but he should get some sympathy in that regard. When he did change things at HT they played much better before Liverpool adapted and asserted dominance once again - how they did that I'm not so sure really but it was impressive how we closed the game out and reduced their chances for the last 15 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Robert2014

I think it's notable that Henderson, Gomez and Matip were purchased earlier in Klopp's reign and we take into account previous injuries when buying players now. I'm not sure of Keita's or Shaqiri's previous injury history (the price for Shaqiri made it a no-brainer even if he was put together with string) but I did find Ox's purchase strange as he had a poor njury record at Arsenal so I can't think his record at Liverpool was unexpected, only that he has been much better than expected when he played, although you can say that about everyone we buy now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Robert2014 wrote: »
    I think it's notable that Henderson, Gomez and Matip were purchased earlier in Klopp's reign and we take into account previous injuries when buying players now. I'm not sure of Keita's or Shaqiri's previous injury history (the price for Shaqiri made it a no-brainer even if he was put together with string) but I did find Ox's purchase strange as he had a poor njury record at Arsenal so I can't think his record at Liverpool was unexpected, only that he has been much better than expected when he played, although you can say that about everyone we buy now :)

Gomez and Hendo are pre- Klopp,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Fieldog wrote: »

Favourite quote from here is definitely the one complaining that Leicester played openly against us and parked the bus against City, when they barely got a sniff on our goal and put 5 past City :D

Also "Pep is a better manager, Liverpool just have more resources for Klopp than we do for Pep" is just stunning, the man has been afforded half a billion quid to spend on defenders in the past five years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

I don't get how people see it as cheating
    If you foul someone you give a away a free and run the risk of being booked yellow card,

If your willing to give a way a free kick and risk the chance of getting booked its within the rules to do it so it cant be called cheating

Yea, I'd agree. City wouldn't have been the first team to engage in tactical fouling. They got away with it for a bit but meh...that's the game.

It's the same as taking the ball into the corner and blocking the opposition from getting it, or obstructing the player and letting the ball run out of play.

brevity wrote: »
    Yea, I'd agree. City wouldn't have been the first team to engage in tactical fouling. They got away with it for a bit but meh...that's the game.

It's the same as taking the ball into the corner and blocking the opposition from getting it, or obstructing the player and letting the ball run out of play.

Its just being clever ,

Fabhino done a brilliant little one last night ,

In the first half last night Justin broke free past Milner , he almost had a chance to put Vardy through but he took a bad touch , Fab came across to shepherd the ball out but touched it by mistake and it was going out for a corner when Justin pace meant he barley touched Fab on the back

Fabhino being the master of the dark arts he is said thank you very much and just threw himself on the ground for a free out instead of a Leicester corner,

Vardy went mental at the ref he knew exactly what Fab was up to ,

It was a thing of beauty that for many years our player just never even thought off,

• Advertisement

I watched the game over with my old man ,

We where chatting about how Liverpool are so happy to go play the ball across there back four and DM constantly in the first half, Even when there was a chance for a ball up the line a lot of the time they would be happy to just start going back across the back line in the opposite direction but with a really good tempo knowing how tiring it is for the Leicester team to get shifting left and then right,

He had literally just finished saying by 60/70 minutes they will tire out and make a mistake and be punished , When Robbo crosses and Jota get the 3 yard head start and bang its 2 - 0

Basically its amazing how Liverpool have changed from attacking at break neck speed 100% of time to being happy to keep the ball and pass it with purpose and authority to control a game, Don't get me wrong they can also destroy you on the counter but now they have more strings to there bow

Its great to see,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I hate to say it but just on winning mentality, the team reminds me so much of United under Ferguson. They would play carrick and fletcher in defense or Tom Cleverly and 35 year old giggs in midfield and I'd scratch my head and try to figure out how they keep winning. I see it now, winning breeds winning and that expectation filters through the whole squad. Klopp also like Ferguson has a system and playing style that can accommodate fringe players effectively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm just glad the club didn't rip up Matip contract and kick him out of the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

rob316 wrote: »
    I hate to say it but just on winning mentality, the team reminds me so much of United under Ferguson. They would play carrick and fletcher in defense or Tom Cleverly and 35 year old giggs in midfield and I'd scratch my head and try to figure out how they keep winning. I see it now, winning breeds winning and that expectation filters through the whole squad. Klopp also like Ferguson has a system and playing style that can accommodate fringe players effectively.

And John O'Shea and the likes of Park Ji-Sung would randomly transform into match winning world beaters every so often

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Its just being clever ,

Fabhino done a brilliant little one last night ,

In the first half last night Justin broke free past Milner , he almost had a chance to put Vardy through but he took a bad touch , Fab came across to shepherd the ball out but touched it by mistake and it was going out for a corner when Justin pace meant he barley touched Fab on the back

Fabhino being the master of the dark arts he is said thank you very much and just threw himself on the ground for a free out instead of a Leicester corner,

Vardy went mental at the ref he knew exactly what Fab was up to ,

It was a thing of beauty that for many years our player just never even thought off,

This happens all the time. Defenders go down at the slightest touch in these situations but see them raging if they feel a attacker has done the same.

There is a ton of grey when we get into what could be classed as cheating. City stops teams from countering as they are committing players forward so it leaves them vulnerable if they lose the ball. They then take the player out, not just a mistimed foul, but take them out with no intention of getting the ball. I do not see that as clever and it borders and crosses into cheating for me. As I compared with diving, this also falls into the "dark arts" of football.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    And John O'Shea and the likes of Park Ji-Sung would randomly transform into match winning world beaters every so often

They have had loads of players who were great pro's but nothing special who just seemed to thrive in this environment. Always knew how to get a result but could hammer a team also. A team that was solid at the back if not excellent, hard working in midfield and lethal up front, just like us.

I'm just glad the club didn't rip up Matip contract and kick him out of the club.

Scratch Matip off the list add Keita :D

Enzokk wrote: »
    This happens all the time. Defenders go down at the slightest touch in these situations but see them raging if they feel a attacker has done the same.

There is a ton of grey when we get into what could be classed as cheating. City stops teams from countering as they are committing players forward so it leaves them vulnerable if they lose the ball. They then take the player out, not just a mistimed foul, but take them out with no intention of getting the ball. I do not see that as clever and it borders and crosses into cheating for me. As I compared with diving, this also falls into the "dark arts" of football.

Our very own Frimino runs across the back of the DM's tripping them up with his hands stretched out in the "oh sorry gesture" about 3 times a game

If your foul someone its a foul its not cheating technically your allowed do it until your sent off ,

Our very own Frimino runs across the back of the DM's tripping them up with his hands stretched out in the "oh sorry gesture" about 3 times a game

If your foul someone its a foul its not cheating technically your allowed do it until your sent off ,

Again, you are allowed to dive until you are sent off as well. I don't think that line of reasoning is solid. It's no big deal, we disagree on whether a certain type of foul when done deliberately is cheating or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

Ferguson and Klopp also have that mentality of letting the players figure it out for themselves when things go wrong on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Henderson is hardly injury prone, he's played over 120 games in the 3 previous seasons.

Fair enough. He seems to have picked up a fair few small injuries over the last couple of years, but maybe my memory is skewed.

Again, you are allowed to dive until you are sent off as well. I don't think that line of reasoning is solid. It's no big deal, we disagree on whether a certain type of foul when done deliberately is cheating or not.

Ye I get what your saying when you put it like that ,

I just think not fouling someone to break down a counter attack is naïve,
    I'd 100% want one of ours players to take a yellow for the team if there is a quick counter, its just part of the game I just don't think its cheating ,

I guess diving is trying to con someone into thinking something happened that did not , fouling is just fouling its part of the game (obviously within reason)

As you mention other's will have different opinion which are also valid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

if cootes was in the var room last night he would have given the handball peno,defo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Henderson has had a fair few injuries, but he always comes straight back into the side. There's little in the way of the softly softly approach that you see with, for example, Keita.

Even if he's not 100%, he'll usually start, and plays 60 minutes or so.

My concern would be as he gets further into his 30s will this start to catch up with him.

Again, he's picked up an injury with England, and we've no cover in midfield, so he's going to be chucked right back into the thick of it, before having another international tournament to look forward to this summer.

I don't think for a minute that even if we win the league, we'll have anything like the cushion we had last season, so we'll need him right to the end.

Maybe we'll be able to give him next August off.

Tusky wrote: »
    Fair enough. He seems to have picked up a fair few small injuries over the last couple of years, but maybe my memory is skewed.

I wouldn't say your wrong
    He has played a lot of games but also missed a good few

Since 2015 he has played in the Perm

2015/16 17
    2016/17 24
    2017/18 27
    2018/19 32
    2019/20 30

• Advertisement

Okay highlight time:

3 top quality headers:

giphy.gif
    giphy.gifgiphy.gif

And look at what Bobby's goal means to the whole team:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Jota Jota Jota, his goalscoring talent is clear as day, but his footwork and playmaking is just as good, it was mentioned earlier but the way he uses his body is really reminiscent of players like Suarez and Tevez:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gifgiphy.gif

I just have endless confidence in Alisson, as soon as he started running here I trusted that he'd made the right call, and not only does he get the ball first but he actually picks out a pass!

giphy.gif

Andy Robertson has endless reserves, the man never stops:

giphy.gif

Total goals scored by Wolves this season: 9
    Total goals scored by Diogo Jota this season: 8

What were they doing with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Yeah, it applies to the media too. It's weird that it's only something a dead footballer would turn over in his grave about when it's an attacker in the penalty area.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Thank you, I went to watch it there where I had initially seen it but surprise, surprise...

:pac:

I suppose if they won't show it themselves they're not going to let anyone else :D

Just looking forward to next weekend, glad that Lamptey will be suspended for our match. Him running at Robertson would have severely curtailed our attack, especially if TAA is still out. But with him out it should free Robertson a bit to attack down our left.

I am still concerned for that match as we will have little time to rest, but at least we have a little fortune our way with Lamptey's suspension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

I'd love a sneaky bid for lampty in Jan, he'd be fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I see the fine news outlet The Express is leading with Jota is leaving Liverpool...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Damien360

Grayditch wrote: »
    I see the fine news outlet The Express is leading with Jota is leaving Liverpool...

Laughable. Portuguese player, so that’s close to Spain isn’t it, may want to move to Barca or Real. Close source to him.....best of luck finding him, and a random comment from John Barnes to add a bit of weight to it. Doesn’t say Barnes was actually asked about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

I’m no longer worried about players leaving us because I know Edwards will fleece them.

You'd have to be mad to want to leave this club

Total goals scored by Wolves this season: 9
    Total goals scored by DioGoal Jota this season: 8

What were they doing with him?

DioGoal Jota

main-qimg-16a6325de03e450e7e0b93bf83e5a620

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

If you've won the PL and the CL, I can see the appeal of getting a massive payday to retire off of.

As a free agent, Gini could well get 10m a year for 4-5 years, whereas for us, it might be 6m for 3.

That's 9m+whatever he gets for his last contract vs maybe 25m, in his pocket when he hangs up his boots.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,341 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Grass isn't always greener!

Comedy-Football-and-Funniest-Moments-2021.gif

• Advertisement

Comedy-Football-and-Funniest-Moments-2021.gif

Whats the back story there?

Whats the back story there?

Just didn't see him I guess. Gini played it well though.

Just didn't see him I guess. Gini played it well though.

Cool AF

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Gini is just so cool, Memphis ends up looking the fool here.

4,000 fans should be allowed back to Anfield in the not too distant future...First game, be easier to get tickets to pass through the pearly gates.

Was over around this time last year, had plans to be back for the Wolves game on the 5th of next month, they went out the window fast though, you could offer me the whole trip for a fiver right now and I wouldn't take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

How will they do it?

A lottery between season ticket holders for the 4000 seats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Was over around this time last year, had plans to be back for the Wolves game on the 5th of next month, they went out the window fast though, you could offer me the whole trip for a fiver right now and I wouldn't take it.

Yeah, however they do any sort of a return to the stadium, it should be kept as simple as possible. Locals only - this shouldn't create any additional travel. Ideally also even schoolkids who are sort of bubble'd together in class anyway.

Ideally they'd fill stadium with the recovered Covid cases, would be a great experiment actually . UK has 1.5 million who had it and didn't die, that's a lot of people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'd take a guess too that the only people allowed to enter the lottery would be with a registered address in the Anfield locality too, to prevent travel from different areas into Liverpool.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement