Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

For **** sake, and to think people were laughed out of it for having concerns about his injury record.

Not blaming the lad himself at all by the way, more the general tendency to attack fellow fans if they question a decision in any way.

But, whatever about laughing at the suggestion, there was little basis for it surely? Thiago's current ills, as I understand it, are because of a disgraceful high challenge rather than any inherent injury prone nature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

noodler wrote: »
    But, whatever about laughing at the suggestion, there was little basis for it surely? Thiago's current ills, as I understand it, are because of a disgraceful high challenge rather than any inherent injury prone nature.

been a great season for Everton so far, one of their best in years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Thiago had COVID and then Richarlison tried to break his leg, he's not just picking up little twinges every week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Thiago had COVID and then Richarlison tried to break his leg, he's not just picking up little twinges every week

There's been no clarity over what exactly is the problem, reports after the Everton game suggested he was lucky not to have suffered anything serious, yet here we are a month later none the wiser on a timeframe for when he'll be back. There have been setbacks is all we know.

We've at least two other costly midfielders who suffer from similar struggles in Chamberlain and Keita. Yes no one can account for freak incidents but there's still a responsibility there to look at these situations when signing players.

I don't think it's even a debate to say Wijnaldum is our best midfielder at this point due his ability and reliability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

For **** sake, and to think people were laughed out of it for having concerns about his injury record.

Not blaming the lad himself at all by the way, more the general tendency to attack fellow fans if they question a decision in any way.

Im just guessing,
    It looked the same a proper tweak of the ligaments,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Where is the info on Thiago's knee coming from that he will be long term since the club haven't said a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

Where is the info on Thiago's knee coming from that he will be long term since the club haven't said a thing.

Iv said its just a guess from myself thats its similar to Hendersons one

Dis they ever say if Ox went under the nife this time or was gis also the same as Henderson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Based on the injury rate the last few weeks I wouldn't sell anyone in January, doesn't matter how bad they've played. We could be decimated in march again and just need numbers.

100%
    Add a keeper and a CB in Jan.

boards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Thiago looks to have picked up a knee issue similar to the one Hendo did at the end of last season, Id be surprised to see him this side of Christmas,
    Im just guessing,
    It looked the same a proper tweak of the ligaments,

Could do without this guessing sh1te tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

robwen wrote: »
    Back to being at theirs...

https://twitter.com/fcmidtjylland/status/1332230829284716544?s=19
    Google translate:
    "The English authorities have eased travel restrictions, which is why our Champions League clash against Liverpool FC will take place in Herning as planned"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

This 'guessing' nonsense is just that. Nonsense.

x43r0 wrote: »
    Could do without this guessing sh1te tbh

To be fair I did say I was guessing

And in my defence when Henderson came back against Leeds it was just over 2 months since his injury , Thiago has already gone over the month mark since Everton ,

To be fair I did say I was guessing

You did alright, 3.5hrs later
    And in my defence when Henderson came back against Leeds it was just over 2 months since his injury , Thiago has already gone over the month mark since Everton ,

That's not a defence, you're basing a guess on a topic with so many variables as an injury solely on how long the player has been out. That's beyond a stretch, it's complete nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I'm guessing Hendo will be ok for tomorrow so I'm assuming the line up will be something very close to....

..............................................Alisson...........................................

Milner............................Matip.................Fabinho..........................Robbo

............................................Hendo........Gini..............................

................................................Firmino............................................

With Jota, Salah, Mane as the front 3, probably switching positions a lot.

Klopp will probably utilise the front 4 as much as possible for the time being until we start getting some more players back, we are obv lacking in midfield and at CB , so not many decisions to be made regards the starting XI for now. If Thiago and Keita were available and we had another CB to free up Fabinho then I'd be quite curious to see what way we would be lining up.

x43r0 wrote: »
    You did alright, 3.5hrs later

That's not a defence, you're basing a guess on a topic with so many variables as an injury solely on how long the player has been out. That's beyond a stretch, it's complete nonsense

I don't need a defence , am in court or something :D

I'm stating that I'm guessing due to the injury we saw and due to the time that has passed I reckon its similar injury to Henderson ,

So personal I reckon we will see him back after Christmas day

Only time will tell if my GUESS is correct ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Just on the upcoming fixtures, we are playing Crystal Palace on 12h30 after playing on a Wednesday evening again. However the difference between this and our game tomorrow is that Crystal Palace will have played on the same days we have leading up the match as well.

Brighton however have had a week to prepare for our match whereas both us and Crystal Palace will have had the same time to prepare for the match as we are both playing on the Sunday, Wednesday and then on Saturday against each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Brighton are missing Lamptey, which will allow our left hand side some joy. Lallana is also a doubt.

TBH, I wouldn't be against starting Rhys Williams in defence, along with Milner, Matip & Robbo.

Push Fabinho up into midfield for 60 mins to let Gini get a rest. Fabinho didn't start midweek, possibly with a view to starting this one. Flip the 60/30 mins combo for Gini & Fabinho. Obviously this depends on Hendo being fit.

Start Mane on the left because they are missing Lamptey and ideally, Liverpool would get the game won by 60 and before giving him time off as he played the full 90 midweek.

I'm guessing Hendo will be ok for tomorrow so I'm assuming the line up will be something very close to....

..............................................Alisson...........................................

Milner............................Matip.................Fabinho..........................Robbo

............................................Hendo........Gini..............................

................................................Firmino............................................

With Jota, Salah, Mane as the front 3, probably switching positions a lot.

I reckon Mane gets a rest and Jones plays again

Also possible Nat might start and Fab goes into midfield to get Gini a rest,

Or very possible its the above as you say ,

Fitz* wrote: »
    Brighton are missing Lamptey, which will allow our left hand side some joy. Lallana is also a doubt.

TBH, I wouldn't be against starting Rhys Williams in defence, along with Milner, Matip & Robbo.

Push Fabinho up into midfield for 60 mins to let Gini get a rest. Fabinho didn't start midweek, possibly with a view to starting this one. Flip the 60/30 mins combo for Gini & Fabinho. Obviously this depends on Hendo being fit.

Start Mane on the left because they are missing Lamptey and ideally, Liverpool would get the game won by 60 and before giving him time off as he played the full 90 midweek.

Yea could be a good shout about Fabinho tbh, Williams has looked decent so far so wouldn't be against him starting and getting Fab into midfield, it's actually probably optimal to give Gini a rest too tbh.

I don't need a defence
    In my defence

Which one is it?
    am in court or something :D

Not at all, you're just being pulled up some speculative shi1te originally presented as news.

Come to think of it, looks like Robbo is a serial killer. I'm just guessing since y'know, Ted Bundy also has brown hair

News without sources/links or guesses presented as news just drags the thread down. I'll leave it there - Sorry to those who have read this drivel

Perr Schuurs as a transfer target seems to be picking up today a couple of papers saying Liverpool are preparing a €30m bid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Jones was good against Atalanta.
    I would start him again if fatigue is not an issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Perr Schuurs as a transfer target seems to be picking up today a couple of papers saying Liverpool are preparing a €30m bid.
    Need to very very wary buying from Eredivisie.
    He looked good against us but he is playing in such a weak league.

Even big talents like De Ligt & De Jong have not excelled since leaving Ajax

Van Den Berg was playing quite a few games 2 years ago as a 16/17 year old. And he is probably never going to play for the first team again
    Schurs has played 11 Eredivisie games in his career

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1332262893660770306?s=20

Wailing after watching this, be warned...

Klopp presser done ,

Hendo trained with the team yesterday so looks to be at least in contention
    He once again avoided answering any question's on Thiago

The FA Cup 3rd round draw is on next Monday.

Fans a re back for the Wolves game.

Season ticket holders and fans with sufficient credits from the Liverpool City region will enter a draw for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Klopp presser done ,

Hendo trained with the team yesterday so looks to be at least in contention
    He once again avoided answering any question's on Thiago

Starting to really bug me this. I don't see the reason behind all the subterfuge. He's our marquee signing - I just want to see him on the pitch and know when that might be happening. We've been so open - we gain nothing from being secretive about injuries - about every other player when they're injured yet the Thiago thing is shrouded in mystery.

It's clearly not his fault that he was assaulted in the derby but let us know how he's doing or when we might see him back on the pitch again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Fitz* wrote: »

CTRL + C

CTRL + V

mosstin wrote: »
    Starting to really bug me this. I don't see the reason behind all the subterfuge. He's our marquee signing - I just want to see him on the pitch and know when that might be happening. We've been so open - we gain nothing from being secretive about injuries - about every other player when they're injured yet the Thiago thing is shrouded in mystery.

It's clearly not his fault that he was assaulted in the derby but let us know how he's doing or when we might see him back on the pitch again.

Has to be something more to this,

I refuse to believe the lads asking the question are not intelligent to realise Jurgen is dodging the question ,Surely they would say but what about Thiago or even what is the injury ,
    Its well enough saying its because of the tackle but what is the problem in the knee,

I reckon they have been warned not to ask , its all a bit odd,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

mosstin wrote: »

Klopp has said before he hates putting dates on returns just for the sake of it. That that's not how injuries work, there isn't a specific exact time that anyone will be back, only a best guess. That until they're out doing multiple training sessions and testing it, you can't be accurate. Then if they release speculative guesses, but those guesses are wrong, it turns into a whole bigger story with more pressure, when things are actually still normal - only because a date was provided publicly and not met. So he seems to prefer not giving dates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Klopp has said before he hates putting dates on returns just for the sake of it. That that's not how injuries work, there isn't a specific exact time that anyone will be back, only a best guess. That until they're out doing multiple training sessions and testing it, you can't be accurate. Then if they give speculative guesses, but those guesses are wrong, it turns into a whole bigger story with more pressure, when things are actually still normal - only because a date was provided and not met. So he seems to prefer not giving dates.

I get that completely but the nature of the injury hasn't been mentioned either. When it's shrouded in secrecy, naturally the lunatic fringe on Twitter will start to speculate. Just love to know what the issue is as well as a vague idea when he'll be back - a week, a month?

Pearce bit on Gini in the Athletic
    The Dutchman, who has remained on the same deal he signed following his £25 million move from Newcastle United in 2016, has remained tight-lipped about his future. Asked during the recent international break, he said: “Just ask Liverpool those questions. Don’t they answer? I cannot say anything about it, including whether or not there is talk of a new contract between me and Liverpool. Sorry.”

Having been integral to Liverpool winning both the Champions League and the Premier League, Wijnaldum believes he merits a contract which reflects that level of contribution and his status. So far that hasn’t been put on the table and so he intends to consider his options carefully.

Senior sources at Liverpool insist the situation is “fluid” and that all parties are currently “relaxed”, with all options still open.......

https://theathletic.com/2222936/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Fieldog wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1332262893660770306?s=20

Wailing after watching this, be warned...

i know its pr but its fantastic for the people involved to recieve this attention.

also,i fckin love sadio mane.

Pearce bit on Gini in the Athletic

https://theathletic.com/2222936/

Couldn't blame him if he goes. Expecting it.

He'll get one last bumper salary

Ali will play his 100th game for the club tomorrow.

Probably the most important player at the club over those 100 games.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Mane rested tomorrow is the leaky word, Henderson not starting either, and neither is Matip. We'll see I guess. The lineup I've seen is:

Allison
    Neco
    Phillips
    Fabinho
    robbo
    gini
    Milner
    Salah
    Minimino
    Jota
    Bobby

• Advertisement

The new training ground as leaky as ever then is it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

There were leaks every week a few years ago. A few people online reckon it was Danny Ward as the team news soon dried up after he left. Could be a similar issue with a new player maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

5starpool wrote: »
    Mane rested tomorrow is the leaky word, Henderson not starting either, and neither is Matip. We'll see I guess. The lineup I've seen is:

Allison
    Neco
    Phillips
    Fabinho
    robbo
    gini
    Milner
    Salah
    Minimino
    Jota
    Bobby

Don’t mind Mane getting a rest as we should have enough without him to get the job done.

There’s absolutely no need for Matip to be rested. He got 2 weeks off over the international break, he should be the most rested out of anyone!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Matip could well be injured either if he doesn't play. Who knows with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

5starpool wrote: »

Allison
    Neco
    Phillips
    Fabinho
    robbo
    gini
    Milner
    Salah
    Minimino
    Jota
    Bobby

https://twitter.com/AnfieldUrchin/status/1332432961732489217?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

That's a poor team. Matip should never have played on Wednesday.

I would say Matip is being managed after coming back from his injury that would be 3 games in 7 days if he played tomorrow.

Id worry with that team, but if you change Hendo for Neco and but Milmer right back id be quite happy

Is Tossard injured injured for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

I would say Matip is being managed after coming back from his injury that would be 3 games in 7 days if he played tomorrow.

Yeah imagine that! He normally wouldn't do 3 in a month. Plus Philipps is a good fit for the game in question anyway.
    Mane would be a loss but then again with Jota we could get by. It's all crazy stuff at the mo, just do what we can to nick a win while resting one or two and keep motoring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Id worry with that team
    Is Tossard injured injured for them

I just worry about Neco

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement