Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

After being somewhat apprehensive about today's game, I'm a bit more optimistic now. The apprehension the as mainly due to fatigue, injuries and how Wolves are set up to frustrate and can really pack a punch on the counter.

Liverpool have beaten Wolves 4 games in a row in the league I think it is, often by the odd goal, but always tight games.

But that awful injury to Jiminez has coincided with Wolves change in formation. I remember reading when Wolves sold Jota and bought the new Silva kid that there was a desire to move to a more possession based game rather than their traditional counter attacking style. They have moved to a back 4 lately as opposed to a back 5. Dedoncker seems to be the player than moved from CB to CM but still has that ability to switch mid game to facilitate this change easily.

One thing that this does is it exposes Coady a bit who looks like 3 CBs really suits him. If I was manager, I would put Firmino in and around him today to try and move him around and leave gaps in behind for Salah / Mane to exploit. I have a feeling Jota will start the bench today and be the impact sub after Wolves have tired. On the other hand, I think Wolves may start Traore for a change and try expose the weakness at RB and the channels between CB & full backs on the counter, rather than as an impact sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If Salah/Mane or Bobby is rested the front 3 doesn't look weakened when Jota steps in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Hope Kelleher plays well today and keeps another clean sheet. I'm still not convinced by him, but, not much alternative. I only saw last half hour of match vs Ajax and he did well, hopefully that's not a flash in the pan performance. Wolves will be difficult today, we need to start putting a run of wins together in the next few matches

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Girly Gal wrote: »
    Hope Kelleher plays well today and keeps another clean sheet. I'm still not convinced by him, but, not much alternative. I only saw last half hour of match vs Ajax and he did well, hopefully that's not a flash in the pan performance. Wolves will be difficult today, we need to start putting a run of wins together in the next few matches

Only live match I saw him in was against Shrewsbury in Anfield in February. He didn't have much to do, tended t ostand very far out of the goal when the ball was up the pitch. But he was badly at fault for a goal that was then disallowed. Saw major improvement in the Ajax match and that will do him a lot of good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭conor_mc

Enzokk wrote: »
    I see another 3 players had to be substituted before half time yesterday. Interesting that 2 of those players are playing for teams not playing in Europe. The players are Delph for Everton, Koch for Leeds and Ziyech for Chelsea. Wonder what those mocking Klopp has to say about his player welfare stance now, when Keita got injured Barry Glendening refuses to believe it is the schedule as he was out injured for 5 weeks before he played 3 matches in 11 days (with travel). He maintains that Keita was well rested so his injury is not related to fatigue.

Some of these commentators have no idea what fatigue means in a sports science sense. It’s not about being a bit tired and not getting a good nights kip, it’s about the miniature tears and damage that a muscle gets when it is used repeatedly. If you don’t have sufficient recovery time (i.e. time for the body to repair those micro-tears) then they eventually lead to muscle injuries. This is Klopp’s worry, it’s not about the Johnny Giles “sure how could he be tired?” school of thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

KevRossi wrote: »
    Only live match I saw him in was against Shrewsbury in Anfield in February. He didn't have much to do, tended t ostand very far out of the goal when the ball was up the pitch. But he was badly at fault for a goal that was then disallowed. Saw major improvement in the Ajax match and that will do him a lot of good.

Big difference in playing behind a league / fa cup defence and the defence he played behind on Tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

robwen wrote: »
    Paul Joyce thinks Salah will be rested which would be strange with the dead rubber against the Danes coming up

I could see that alright - he’s the only one of our forwards to start all of the last 3 matches in quick succession. Rather than resting him for a dead rubber, I’d see it as reducing risk of a muscle injury from playing too much too often.

The other 3 is a great starting lineup of it happens anyway, and then still have Salah fresh from the bench for 30 minutes.

It’s the sort of rotation we need to do while we can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I was looking at Klopps latest zoom interviews with the press and his body language reactions looks totally off, he really looks annoyed and puzzled by some of the questions. I've not noticed these types of reactions by him to questions by what looks to be the local press.

I get why he would be annoyed but I just fear that it might filter down through the squad. I do hope its nothing but we have seen similar reactions happen to teams during previous managers.

I wouldnt worry about it, Klopp has always hated stupid questions in pressers and he's not shy about showing it. When Ole was confirmed as the United manager some Norwegian hack asked Klopp if he had any advice to give to Ole. Klopp responded by asking him did he really fly all the way from Norway to Liverpool to ask him that question, the hack was left completely red faced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Brewster on the bench today for Sheff U, not exactly lighting it up since he went there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

Brighton midfielder Yves Bissouma is one of many players being eyed as a potential replacement for Gini according to Liverpool reporter David Lynch

Brewster on the bench today for Sheff U, not exactly lighting it up since he went there.

I'd guess that he would be having a different year if he went to someone like Brighton. Play more to his strengths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Umaro wrote: »
    Twitter guessers XI:

Kelleher
    Neco Fabinho Matip Robbo
    Henderson Gini Jones
    Salah Bobby Mane

Can't see Jota getting dropped with the form he's in and being up against his old club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I think he’s more of a buy for the longer term... he’s not ready to be a premier league striker yet. Might see more of him in the second half of the season, but he’s great to have for next year in the Champ. Might very well fire them back up. Solanke is doing a bit of that for Bournemouth so far this season after looking a cut below Prem level.

There’s really not a lot of successful young strikers in the Prem in general, it’s become an increasingly tough league for up and comers up front, with the Championship looking a better place for growth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭Thud

Just realised this isnt on TV, i have Prime but assume its not streamed here on Prime?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Thud wrote: »
    Just realised this isnt on TV, i have Prime but assume its not streamed here on Prime?

It#s on TV
    pREMIER Sports 1 HD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭Thud

It#s on TV
    pREMIER Sports 1 HD

Thanks, Sky search function was only giving me highlight show when in searched for Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Thud wrote: »

Its available on Prime in Ireland, you might just have to change your settings or ask Amazon via help/chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Everyone near the top winning this weekend. Up to us to match it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Enzokk

There was just a foul in the Tottenham v Arsenal match where Lo Celso grazed the ball but then fouled Lacazette and Neville and Tyler are adamant it is not a foul because he touched the ball. But he didn't win the tackle with Lacazette and the ball only barely touched his foot.

So, does barely touching the ball mean you win a tackle and allow you to take out another player? The touch from the defender did not take the ball out of the control of the Arsenal player, so for me that is not winning the tackle and it is a foul.

BTW, Thomas Partey has been subbed before halftime as, well on halftime but just before the whistle went.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Its available on Prime in Ireland, you might just have to change your settings or ask Amazon via help/chat.

Todays match is on Amazon Prime?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Where can you see the game in Ireland. I know its on Prime Video in the UK

Edit just seen in another Post Premier Sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Sweet jesus.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Liverpool spurs on wednesday week will be very interesting

Imagine if we got a surprise Alisson return tonight. Would be a real lift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Its not losses that are hurting us currently its draws
    In two away games your better off losing one and winning ome than drawing both,

Depends who you are drawing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Fitz* wrote: »
    Imagine if we got a surprise Alisson return tonight. Would be a real lift.

Very much doubt it

Keita and TAA are both in the squad.

Salah not rested Jota the impact sub.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1335648976603918336?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭tinpib

Subs looking a bit better with Keita and Trent. No excuses tonight, have to get 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

No room for nay drop points tonight
    Huge month ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Umaro wrote: »
    Twitter guessers XI:

Kelleher
    Neco Fabinho Matip Robbo
    Henderson Gini Jones
    Salah Bobby Mane

Twitter guessers nailed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

I'll just never get tired of being addressed as the champions. Love it! Be good to get another year or of it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

8-10 wrote: »
    Can't see Jota getting dropped with the form he's in and being up against his old club

That's me told

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

This will be similar set up to the Spurs game in a few weeks. Wolves have been sitting deep and giving up possession a lot and trying to counter. Spurs will do the same. Don't be stupid and over commit, will need to be patient if a goal doesn't come quick.

And we need to play Traore right, he's a kick a run merchant, limit his space in behind and don't take an early yellow. Back four and Kelleher need to be on their toes and cover/sweep when he inevitably gets those one on ones.

3-1 to the Champions!

Kelleher is going to have a more physical game tonight with Wolves than he did against Ajax.

Hopefully he will be able for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

retalivity wrote: »
    Liverpool spurs on wednesday week will be very interesting

Already booked my seats in the pub.

Is premier sports the one with Kenny Cunningham & Brian Kerr?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

robwen wrote: »
    Is premier sports the one with Kenny Cunningham & Brian Kerr?

Sadly yeah I'm going to listen on YouTube live.

davycc wrote: »
    Sadly yeah I'm going to listen on YouTube live.

I'll head to America for it so they are ****ing terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Just realised it's Liverpool's first game as Champions in front of a crowd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Neto the one to watch for wolves

Great to see a crowd back.

Jones getting a nice run in the team. Big chance to stake a claim to a starting place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Neco booked after 2 minutes. Not ideal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Wow. Chills. One of the most memorable YNWAs for me. Amazing.

Williams already on a tightrope.

Jones way to slow should have passed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Taa might get 45 minutes

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement