Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachel Allen's son arrested again...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

This guy and Conor McGregor must have the same solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

The Muppet wrote: »
    Most of us know nothing of his background other than his mother is a successful business woman/ celebrity chef .

He's 20, a lot of 20 year old do stupid stuff. Most of them grow out of it , I'd be hoping this lad does the same. Let the law deal with whatever crimes he's committed .

Yeah, but how many 20 year olds have already been sentenced to 15 months jail time for being in possession of a sizable quantity of drugs with intend to supply ?
    Hell even the 15 months, with only a few served, was lenient in the extreme.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    In all fairness, I doubt any dealers are shíttin bricks either:rolleyes:

22k wouldn't keep Ballincollig going on a slow night, I could imagine. With all due respect to the good people of Ballincollig.

Busting a young mixed up kid with a bit of weed, hardly a toughy for the Gards either. I am sure his name was being "rang out " down the streets.

FFS.

22k worth of weed is not a bit of weed in anyone language bar maybe one of the Kinahan's gang. :rolleyes:

You have kept asking another poster, skooterblue2, about what is their agenda, but I could ask the same of you.

You have done nothing here, but continously defend this guy and his family.

So why not let us all know what skin you have in this ?

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

fin12 wrote: »
    So u don’t think his parents have anything to do with how he’s turned out? He didn’t even do his junior cert which implies to me he was out of control from a young age.

No I dont actually . I assumed people who push the " its the parents fault" line have little to no experience of parenting.

I think most of us would know of families where most of the "children" have grown up to have professional careers , college degrees etc but there is also the "black sheep" of the family who may have an addiction issue or criminal tendencies. All those offspring would have had the same upbringing so how is it the parents fault when.one child makes poor life choices and ends up in trouble or in rehab.

Re the junior cert . In reality if a 15/16 year old refuses to attend his junior cert exam there is very little a parent can do about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

jmayo wrote: »
    Yeah, but how many 20 year olds have already been sentenced to 15 months jail time for being in possession of a sizable quantity of drugs with intend to supply ?
    Hell even the 15 months, with only a few served, was lenient in the extreme.

22k worth of weed is not a bit of weed in anyone language bar maybe one of the Kinahan's gang. :rolleyes:

You have kept asking another poster, skooterblue2, about what is their agenda, but I could ask the same of you.

No problem, I have absolutely no connection whatsoever to the allen family. I'm just not a big fan of the social media outrage brigade. ⁴

I have not defended him either nor excused his alledged actions , he should be held legally accountable for any crime he has commited.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Has anyone pointed out that Rachel Allen is the Land Rover brand ambassador?

Car is probably owned by JLR.

She had a Discovery Sport 191D2924. That changed ownership on 19/08/20 so maybe she just changed.

Would imagine the Range Rover is on loan to her for being an ambassador, thats the way it normally works with footballers/celebrities, etc

Interestingly this Irish Times article about it has now been taken offline. It was headlined "Everyday Adventures with Rachel Allen, 'I treasure long drives'" says Rachel Allen.
    Photo:
    Rachel Allen and her Land Rover Discovery Sport on Ballycotton beach ... , the celebrity chef and Land Rover ambassador

Now it just leads to a dead link with no article https://www.irishtimes.com/sponsored/everyday-adventures/everyday-adventures-with-rachel-allen-i-treasure-long-drives-on-my-own-1.3761517
    Looks like some PR person has already been busy getting that article taken down. The Irish Times has form for this type of stuff too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,857 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Nah, you know yourself Don, you cannot have eyes in the back of your head? Chunts are chunts ... and this fella is acting the chunt bigtime.

I would not pay too much attention to the nitty gritty on the Range Rover. To plebs it seems like a piece of luxury, but they are 2 a penny with the middle classes, they just see a jeep with leather interiors. They probably gave it too him because it has a roll cage as standard, they know what he is like, loike? At least he has half a chance of surviving the accident when he ends up totalling it.

If he was my brother he would be black and blue 10 times over, but he isn't you see. That mightn't solve him either, he can only sort himself out.

The point was in response to assertions about his family letting him away with it.

Plenty of families would kick him out on his arse until he got a bit of sense - not be buying him a new car. He's 20 years old.

The fact that it is a 60k car is only relevant insofar that it makes it almost certain that he didn't buy it himself with his own savings or loan. If he was a 20 year old driving a 10 year old Renault Clio it would be plausible that he bought it himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Would imagine the Range Rover is on loan to her for being an ambassador, thats the way it normally works with footballers/celebrities, etc

Interestingly this Irish Times article about it has now been taken offline. It was headlined "Everyday Adventures with Rachel Allen, 'I treasure long drives'" says Rachel Allen.
    Photo:
    Rachel Allen and her Land Rover Discovery Sport on Ballycotton beach ... , the celebrity chef and Land Rover ambassador

Now it just leads to a dead link with no article https://www.irishtimes.com/sponsored/everyday-adventures/everyday-adventures-with-rachel-allen-i-treasure-long-drives-on-my-own-1.3761517
    Looks like some PR person has already been busy getting that article taken down. The Irish Times has form for this type of stuff too.

Link works for me

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Link works for me

fair enough, it is still leading to an Irish Times page with nothing on it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 30,600 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The point was in response to assertions about his family letting him away with it.

Plenty of families would kick him out on his arse until he got a bit of sense - not be buying him a new car. He's 20 years old.

The fact that it is a 60k car is only relevant insofar that it makes it almost certain that he didn't buy it himself with his own savings or loan. If he was a 20 year old driving a 10 year old Renault Clio it would be plausible that he bought it himself.

Where did you find out they bought him a new car?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Shpongler

fair enough, it is still leading to an Irish Times page with nothing on it for me

It only works for me with adblock disabled

• Advertisement

Where did you find out they bought him a new car?

Well he was driving a new car. I think it was in an article that it was a 202 reg

Either they bought it for him or they let him drive their car, or a car that they had the use of, and continued to allow him to do so after already being caught drunk driving.

If they were allowing him a loan of the car, sure that's the same point anyway. Taking that privilege from him would be a mechanism that a normal family would use in response to a child acting the bollix

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

From the article:
    Allen has also found that as a mum of two teenage boys, 19-year-old Joshua and 16-year-old Lucca, “the best way to get them to open up about something or discuss a sensitive issue is to take them on a drive. Maybe it’s because you’re not looking at them across a table, or maybe it’s because conversation seems more casual when in cars, but if I want to get my guys to really talk to me, the key is to get them in the passenger seat.”

They need to bring Joshua on a very very long drive in the Land Rover.

Well he was driving a new car. I think it was in an article that it was a 202 reg

Either they bought it for him or they let him drive their car, or a car that they had the use of, and continued to allow him to do so after already being caught drunk driving.

If they were allowing him a loan of the car, sure that's the same point anyway. Taking that privilege from him would be a mechanism that a normal family would use in response to a child acting the bollix

Or he might have taken the keys without permission!

Or he might have taken the keys without permission!

He might. But it is unlikely to have happened multiple times.

Theft is when someone takes something that they had not been given permission to take, nor had they a reasonable exception that they would given permission had they so asked. If he was doing it all the time then the only option might be to let the law deal with his theft before it grows to a bigger problem.

He might. But it is unlikely to have happened multiple times.

Theft is when someone takes something that they had not been given permission to take, nor had they a reasonable exception that they would given permission had they so asked. If he was doing it all the time then the only option might be to let the law deal with his theft before it grows to a bigger problem.

In the past he is meant to have had a car of his own.
    Neither of us knows how exactly he got to drive the Range Rover that night or if it was something he often did with or without permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Wonder does the "my family are filthy rich, famous, and can get away with anything" notion apply much here.

It has to.

We are all very well aware of his family's involvement with criminal matters. Isaac and Tim are his father and grandfather.

How old was he at the time anyone know?

That kind of thing must create all sorts of issues with a lad's mind.

That said, remember not so long ago McDonald's launched a special burger with stuff like Dubliner cheese, and especially, Ballymaloe relish. Really? The most kid-friendly restaurant chain in the world used Ballymaloe?

It just goes to show that money is all anyone really cares about

In the pet he is meant to have had a car of his own.
    Neither of us knows how exactly he got to drive the Range Rover that night or if it was something he often did with or without permission.

The first point is that he is unlikely to have owned it. And assuming he doesn't own it, and his family own it, he has been apparently caught acting the bollix in it a few times. Either they give him permission to use it (which they are entitled to do) or they turn a blind eye when he repeatedly takes it. Which they are entitled to do also. The point people are making on here is that you can't have too much sympathy for them for facilitating his behaviour one way or the other

He is an adult, but if they own the car, they can control it.

The first point is that he is unlikely to have owned it. And assuming he doesn't own it, and his family own it, he has been apparently caught acting the bollix in it a few times. Either they give him permission to use it (which they are entitled to do) or they turn a blind eye when he repeatedly takes it. Which they are entitled to do also. The point people are making on here is that you can't have too much sympathy for them for facilitating his behaviour one way or the other

He is an adult, but if they own the car, they can control it.

Where does it say he’s been caught acting the Bollix before?
    I know he was arrested on suspicion of drink driving but this may have happened in his own car or the Range Rover.

Where does it say he’s been caught acting the Bollix before?
    I know he was arrested on suspicion of drink driving but this may have happened in his own car or the Range Rover.

According to articles since his early release from prison
    -He was stopped by Gardai and found with a small amount of drugs
    -He was arrested at a checkpoint for drug driving just a few weeks ago, reported on August 16th. It didnt say what drugs were in his system or what car he was driving
    -Now yesterday its been reported he was arrested for drink driving in the Range Rover and that he crashed it

He only did a few months of a 15 month sentence so Id imagine when those three crimes come before the courts the judge will have little option but to send him back to prison. He's only got himself to blame here, the first stint in prison should have been a wake up call for him but instead he is back out re-offending.

According to articles since his early release from prison
    -He was stopped by Gardai and found with a small amount of drugs
    -He was arrested at a checkpoint for drug driving just a few weeks ago, reported on August 16th. It didnt say what drugs were in his system or what car he was driving
    -Now yesterday its been reported he was arrested for drink driving in the Range Rover and that he crashed it

He only did a few months of a 15 month sentence so Id imagine when those three crimes come before the courts the judge will have little option but to send him back to prison. He's only got himself to blame here, the first stint in prison should have been a wake up call for him but instead he is back out re-offending.

Sorry I should have been more clear. I know about his other issues.
    However does it say he’s been caught driving the Range Rover before?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

It really is not that much weed, around a kilo and a half based on the street value. Believe me, this would not last jig time, it is real minutia. As I sad a normal sized estate would smoke that of an evening.

I have yes? As regards agenda I don't have one. But I don't get the tone of some of his posts, he has a chip on his shoulder for sure. But he is not the only poster getting the boot in for some reason or another, well lets play it as it is, there is a lot of inverse snobbery and Schadenfreude going on? I find that really petty. So what if he is from a rich family?

I am a Dub, I have no connection whatsoever with the Allen's. But I have no problem defending anyone, I might defend you if I thought you were not getting it fairly. I think it is obvious that this family attract some bad sentiment, particularly from this forum. It just puzzles me why? I get that people like to get the boot in on a rich family, but they are not the phucking Onassis's either? They own a farm and have a restaurant etc, they are modest enough all things considered.

There are a lot of posters getting digs in, I just think the begrudgery is appalling.

Sorry I should have been more clear. I know about his other issues.
    However does it say he’s been caught driving the Range Rover before?

No, there was no mention of what car he was driving when he was caught drug driving 5 weeks ago, it will come out in court when it comes up. Good chance that he was in his own car when caught 5 weeks ago and then as punishment the keys get taken off him but the keys of the Range Rover are still lying around...

Jeez, i think my comment this morning about this thread being laden with schadenfreude has simply stoked the fire!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bocaman

Poor little rich kid a rebel without a cause

Asus X540L wrote: »

We are all very well aware of his family's involvement with criminal matters. Isaac and Tim are his father and grandfather.

How old was he at the time anyone know?.............

What did Isaac do crimewise?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Asus X540L wrote: »

What crime was his father involved in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Augeo wrote: »
    What did Isaac do crimewise?
    What crime was his father involved in?

Never said he committed any crime lads.

Just said Isaac is the father and Tim the grandfather.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Ari Gigantic Tuition

bocaman wrote: »
    Poor little rich kid a rebel without a cause

were all begrudgers of a little **** who needs a serious wake up call which his parents should have given years ago, from being moved schools, dropping out at JC level, and repeatedly getting in trouble with the law...yeah were all jealous of this twat

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

It really is not that much weed, around a kilo and a half based on the street value. Believe me, this would not last jig time, it is real minutia. As I sad a normal sized estate would smoke that of an evening.

So a kilo and a half of weed, with intention to supply others, is fine by you because sure it only would last a few hours in some people's hands.

Is that the way you would look at if it was your son, your brother ?
    I have yes? As regards agenda I don't have one. But I don't get the tone of some of his posts, he has a chip on his shoulder for sure. But he is not the only poster getting the boot in for some reason or another, well lets play it as it is, there is a lot of inverse snobbery and Schadenfreude going on? I find that really petty. So what if he is from a rich family?

Maybe it is the holier than thou image that family have portrayed down the years to flog their goods, to flog books, etc.

I liken them to all the others (the sports people, the actors, the pop stars and latterly the celebrity nobodies) that court media attention in order to flog themselves or a product.

They love the media covering them, until it is something bad, or until they are famous enough or successful enough they no longer need the media.

This family have always used the media to flog their wares.
    And that is why the media is now interested in them.

If he was just a rich kid, sorry now man, without all the family being in the media so much then there would be way less made about him.

And this guy has gotten away with a lot others would not precisely because of his family wealth and probably connections.
    He has enjoyed a privleged upbringing that others could only dream of and he has pi**ed it away.

I am a Dub, I have no connection whatsoever with the Allen's. But I have no problem defending anyone, I might defend you if I thought you were not getting it fairly. I think it is obvious that this family attract some bad sentiment, particularly from this forum. It just puzzles me why? I get that people like to get the boot in on a rich family, but they are not the phucking Onassis's either? They own a farm and have a restaurant etc, they are modest enough all things considered.

There are a lot of posters getting digs in, I just think the begrudgery is appalling.

They have a cookery school, hotel, have relased countless cookery/lifestyle books, have merchandised their sauces, etc selling in all the major supermarket chains.

So not just a tweet little farm and a restaurant as you would play it.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Advertisement

As Yoda might say, “Strong is the begrudgery in this thread”

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement