Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachel Allen's son arrested again...

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

jmayo wrote: »
    So a kilo and a half of weed, with intention to supply others, is fine by you because sure it only would last a few hours in some people's hands.

Is that the way you would look at if it was your son, your brother ?

Frankly yes. I have no issue with people smoking weed if they want to. I think it should be decriminalised.
    Maybe it is the holier than thou image that family have portrayed down the years to flog their goods, to flog books, etc.

I liken them to all the others (the sports people, the actors, the pop stars and latterly the celebrity nobodies) that court media attention in order to flog themselves or a product.

They love the media covering them, until it is something bad, or until they are famous enough or successful enough they no longer need the media.

Whatever. I mean I still find their relish tasty on my burger.
    And this guy has gotten away with a lot others would not precisely because of his family wealth and probably connections.
    He has enjoyed a privleged upbringing that others could only dream of and he has pi**ed it away.

I don't think he has gotten away with anything. If the Examiner have their facts right he is heading back inside as soon as his results come through, as far as I can see? Also it is his privilege to piss away, what do you care?
    They have a cookery school, hotel, have relased countless cookery/lifestyle books, have merchandised their sauces, etc selling in all the major supermarket chains.

So not just a tweet little farm and a restaurant as you would play it.

Ah, they might be worth a few million quid. What about it? They worked hard for it and as I said before good luck to them. It is a family business and they earned their money, I cannot see the issue anyone could have with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

As Yoda might say, “Strong is the begrudgery in this thread”

I don’t begrudge them, and I wouldn’t swap places with them. Imagine having all that money and being able to get no good of your son, and worrying what next is going to happen. I’ve seen it happen in other families and it’s devastating.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Fook him.
    A little scumbag.
    Deserves nothing but abuse.
    99% of Irish public obey laws and get on with Life including all the hardness it brings.
    Why should this little bollix get anything from anyone. He made the choice even after several 2nd chances. and believe me when you keep doing it, you can hardly keep using the word " mistake"

Sick of all the do gooder ****e in this country.
    Give the honest joe and jane that put up with crap all year round the plaudits and help. not the scum and takers in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

I haven't much to add to this, except he is not a child. He is 20 years old. A 20 year old man.

As an aside, it's interesting he didn't sit any secondary school exams, most people of his generation have. Im not going to suggest/offer reasons why, I don't know the man or his family, but it's unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Frankly yes. I have no issue with people smoking weed if they want to. I think it should be decriminalised.

Whatever. I mean I still find their relish tasty on my burger.

I don't think he has gotten away with anything. If the Examiner have their facts right he is heading back inside as soon as his results come through, as far as I can see? Also it is his privilege to piss away, what do you care?

Ah, they might be worth a few million quid. What about it? They worked hard for it and as I said before good luck to them. It is a family business and they earned their money, I cannot see the issue anyone could have with that.

How ignorant must u be if u think people only have an issue with this family cause they have money.
    🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

BuboBubo wrote: »
    I haven't much to add to this, except he is not a child. He is 20 years old. A 20 year old man.

As an aside, it's interesting he didn't sit any secondary school exams, most people of his generation have. Im not going to suggest/offer reasons why, I don't know the man or his family, but it's unusual.

Maybe he has a learning difficulty or is on the spectrum.
    Very few people don’t have a Junior Cert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Maybe he has a learning difficulty or is on the spectrum.
    Very few people don’t have a Junior Cert.

Using a learning disability to go get off the consequences of a drug importation charges isnt fair game. Not everyone with Autism is a drug addict. Play it the way it is. He is a drug addict and dealer and a fairly dopey one at that.

Using a learning disability to go get off the consequences of a drug importation charges isnt fair game. Not everyone with Autism is a drug addict. Play it the way it is. He is a drug addict and dealer and a fairly dopey one at that.

I’m not using anything.
    I’m wondering why he didn’t sit his JC.
    There is always a reason and I wonder why.

I’m not using anything.
    I’m wondering why he didn’t sit his JC.
    There is always a reason and I wonder why.

They are trying to use it as an excuse. The real truth is his was given too much of the silver spoon and not enough discipline.

IAMAMORON wrote: »

Two things
    Do you think it is right to sell drugs to kids, especially when their brains havent fully developed?
    I believe cannabis will be decriminalised in Ireland in the future but on the day that Joshua went importing cannabis it was illegal and he knew this. Consequences and repercussions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Skooter is back, and is now available to give out parenting lessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭eastie17

With all due respect, that's a load of bollocks. People performing all sorts of mental gymnastics to excuse a scumbag engaging in scumbag behaviour.

If his name was Anto or he lived in Darndale or it was a souped up VW Golf with tinted windows, there'd be much more finger wagging going on and people calling for the book to be thrown at him. Sickening level of double standards.

Same happened with them two bints up North who were caught smuggling the coke out of Peru. Loads of dopes calling for them to get a slap on the wrist cos they were young and (relatively) good looking. There was a case with two youngfellas from Dublin caught doing similar around the same time and it got little more than a few lines in the daily rags, with nobody championing their cause. I wonder why that is?

See also: Katy French
    I’m not making excuses for him, or anyone else that offends to that level. Read my post again, I’m saying while I have no gra for the family I do have some sympathy for the situation they are in, not him although he clearly has a lot of issues as does anyone that far off the rails

They are trying to use it as an excuse. The real truth is his was given too much of the silver spoon and not enough discipline.

So are you saying that he has no learning difficulties?
    Was he off the rails at 15 years of age which is Junior Cert year for most?

Not having any educational qualifications at his age is very strange. Unless he had some chosen career area or was choosing to go into the family businesses, how far did his family think he would get without an education?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,600 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

fin12 wrote: »
    Not having any educational qualifications at his age is very strange. Unless he had some chosen career area or was choosing to go into the family businesses, how far did his family think he would get without an education?

I think she was under the impression that he might tip along at home on the farm or the business or something.(From what I remember).
    I know the odd lad who left school before or after the Junior Cert to do similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,376 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

And you know this how, exactly?

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    And you know this how, exactly?

Were you allowed to drop out of school at 15, without any qualifications?
    Did you have a new Audi in your teens?
    Did your parents have the community liaison officer drop by for the cha'?
    Kind of explains itself when you see the results.

I think she was under the impression that he might tip along at home on the farm or the business or something.(From what I remember).
    I know the odd lad who left school before or after the Junior Cert to do similar.

Did the same lads who left to join the farm have the Drug Squad call up the farm for tea and a raid?

Did the same lads who left to join the farm have the Drug Squad call up the farm for tea and a raid?

That was also prob 10 / 15 years ago. So were genuinely working on a farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,600 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Out of the lads I know who dropped out of school at that age.
    The majority were trouble makers to be honest. The parents didn't care and were happy enough with the situation.
    Then other parents tried everything during their kids school lives they tried, being strict, friendly, getting assessed, help, making sure the kid entered the door of the school in the morning, almost every strategy. These parents weren't bad their other kids were fine. However one child just went out of control and caused massive havoc in school and sometimes with the law.
    Some had the option to get them to work on a family farm or some type of family business. Some of them settled down and others didn't and often had scraps with the law.

I know of a few lads who left school to work in a supermarket or some type of family business at 16 and they were happy a Larry. They were never any hassle but they just didn't feel school was for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,770 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What an idiot

You know at this stage he should either be finishing Cheffing or travelling and getting ready to lead classes at Ballymaloe. When you are having addiction problems this early and attracting the law its not a omen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Oh, that is the real reason Dr. Skooterblue, with your medical degrees and qualifications, where you assessed and treated this person personally?

Or, maybe you know **** all?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

markodaly wrote:
    Oh, that is the real reason Dr. Skooterblue, with your medical degrees and qualifications, where you assessed and treated this person personally?

Its clearly obvious that this chap needs professional help, and having this play out in public isn't helping, discipline most definitely isn't what this chap needs right now, it rarely works anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

if this was a hard working lad from a poor area he would be buried, but little spoiled rich sh1t will get off lightly again

if this was a hard working lad from a poor area he would be buried, but little spoiled rich sh1t will get off lightly again

Element of truth there alright, neither outcomes would probably deal with the underlying issues though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Well, whatever his options are in the near future, they won't involve a driving licence.....

Nekarsulm wrote:
    Well, whatever his options are in the near future, they won't involve a driving licence.....

And they shouldn't either

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭brucky

He should get the Healy Rae’s out to defend him. This is rural Ireland under attack from those people up in Dublin again. If a person goes out and has a little drink, they're hurting no one.” His mum has some pull as she’s never out of the media pushing her wares. Who’s her agent is they deserves a medal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Would`nt you wonder what Myrtle Allen thinks of all this. She must have dark days sitting looking into space and thinking what a monster I created and now I will pay for this.
    Its a shame that it has turned out this way but no sympathy from me. Can`t understand how the brand still survives, it should be dead and buried with a number of the family in jail.
    I`m done with buying their products, plenty of good honest artisan producers struggling to make a living and these idiots piss it all away

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement