Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachel Allen's son arrested again...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    ar133000340558555.jpgHole.jpgdig-yourself-out-of-the-avoidance-hole.jpgBricklined_privy.jpg

Cool pics bro but I aint in a hole, and I havent been in prison or arrest. Poor old josh will be eating porridge in Cork. Best of luck with the restaurant Issac.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

big_drive wrote: »
    I heard a recent interview with a reformed drug addict.

He said the only way is to be left off by your family. He was thrown out of the house and eventually was on the streets. But it was the wake up call he needed. He said while he was left stay at home his family was basically enabling him to continue taking drugs, dealing, getting into financial trouble, etc.
    He said its terrible for parents but if you don't it will ruin the rest of the family, lead to debts, marriage breakdowns, etc

The young Allen lad probably knows he has it handy no matter what he does. He can go back home, take it easy, have access to car, cash, etc

If he was kicked out and forced to make his own way it might wake him up to what's happening

Good post.

Most of us here had to scrimp and save to get our first car which was more than likely an old banger but we paid for it ourselves.

This kid was given a car very few could ever afford to buy let alone as a first car and he had no respect for it because his parents wealth took care of all that.

Its doubtful he will ever learn that actions have consequences if mammy and daddy keep bailing him out.

Good post.

Most of us here had to scrimp and save to get our first car which was more than likely an old banger but we paid for it ourselves.

This kid was given a car very few could ever afford to buy let alone as a first car and he had no respect for it because his parents wealth took care of all that.

Its doubtful he will ever learn that actions have consequences if mammy and daddy keep bailing him out.

Same situation, what do you think it would look like if he was from Dublin Hill, got Free Legal Aid solicitor and no psychologist report, no stay in Ard Cluain and didnt have a private social worker? He would be serving that full term and deal with the full consequences of having a criminal record with a complicated addiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Good post.

I read an interview where she was like I’d no interest in finishing school either when I was there so look who his role model is , the difference is she did finish it so I’m guessing her parents forced her to continue.

The mother Rachel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

big_drive wrote: »
    I heard a recent interview with a reformed drug addict.

He said the only way is to be left off by your family. He was thrown out of the house and eventually was on the streets. But it was the wake up call he needed.

That’s great, unfortunately those who were left outside by their families and died can’t do interviews.

• Advertisement

begbysback wrote: »
    That’s great, unfortunately those who were left outside by their families and died can’t do interviews.

They werent left outside lightly, drug addict consume everything and give nothing back. They consume, time, energy, money, resources and usually at the expense of other siblings. If they have no interest in reform then sure cut them loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,600 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Same situation, what do you think it would look like if he was from Dublin Hill, got Free Legal Aid solicitor and no psychologist report, no stay in Ard Cluain and didnt have a private social worker? He would be serving that full term and deal with the full consequences of having a criminal record with a complicated addiction.

Aren’t people always complaining on Boards about people from poorer areas being in and out of jail on suspended sentences and only serving a fraction of them at that.

Aren’t people always complaining on Boards about people from poorer areas being in and out of jail on suspended sentences and only serving a fraction of them at that.

That’s kind of difficult, given that a suspended sentence means those found guilty don’t actually go to jail.

True but the prison system is well over subscribed, over crowded and which leads the revolving door systems. Had Rachael nipped it in the bud so to speak early it would never have manifested the way it did. I think there was a commitment to dealing with the issue. Importing drugs is a serious business. They have long missed the boat of settling this quietly

begbysback wrote: »
    That’s kind of difficult, given that a suspended sentence means those found guilty don’t actually go to jail.

Sorry I meant those who receive 4 years with two suspended and then you see them down town in a couple of months.

• Advertisement

Sorry I meant those who receive 4 years with two suspended and then you see them down town in a couple of months.

Lots of them do a spot of singing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

pawdee wrote: »
    I honestly don't know where the papers get their information. It was actually a 1995 Rover 214i that he crashed. Straight through the back kitchen door and into the range. As for the intoxicated bit, he had some of Darina's trifle that evening and one slice of Bailey's cheesecake at a friend's house. Give the lad a break.

haha that would have made for an even better story than what actually happened, Imagine him ploughing a car through Rachels kitchen while shes making some paedo relish, now that would be a story

I went to school with a guy who had over 50 previous concision and wouldn’t be from the best background he was in court in 2018 and got 5 years with the last 18 months suspended for having over €60k of cannabis. He’s out now with 10 months and has got somebody pregnant!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Well I still think longer sentences would serve as a deterrent at least in some cases.

Many criminals have no fear of going to prison because they know they will only serve a fraction of what they are given by the courts and even at that in most cases the sentence is only a few years.

As for slopping out, they made it let them dump it.

Do you not agree with it?
    I went to school with a guy who had over 50 previous concision and wouldn’t be from the best background he was in court in 2018 and got 5 years with the last 18 months suspended for having over €60k of cannabis. He’s out now with 10 months and has got somebody pregnant!

A good example of the kind of person I was referring to in this post.

There is something wrong when someone like this is walking around free as a bird.

A good example of the kind of person I was referring to in this post.

There is something wrong when someone like this is walking around free as a bird.

It's the legal aid gravy train..... Repeated short stints in jails that are full...... Back out, reoffend....more court.... Society suffers & have no doubt the chap and these like him will all get forever homes or their baby momas will.
    Barristers & judges get their pockets lined at taxpayers expense also.

If they had to pay for Legal aid out of social welfare, see how crime would dry up with billing rates of €500 an hour, (5 hours pretrial work and 3 hours in court) take it out of social welfare at €50 a week and see how fast they reoffend?

What an astonishingly judgemental thread. None of us, not one, actually knows what’s going on in the family, in the lad’s head, whether or not he has mental health issues, how hard his mum and dad might have worked to get him on track (or not, and just given in to everything) - none of it.

Those of us who have kids will know how difficult it can be to teach a lesson to a recalcitrant child, how torn you can be with wanting to lavish whatever care and love you can on them, and knowing they need to have the tough love approach. I’m fortunate, in that mine never gave me any serious trouble. And I’d be the first too admit there’s a dollop of luck in there.

But I know parents like me who, for whatever reason, have suffered with one of their kids becoming addicted, then becoming a dealer, then a thief (including from them), probation, prison, rehab (more than once) and then suicide. And they feel they should have tried harder. Talk about anguish, heart breaking sorrow, loss, all never to go away

I wouldn’t dream of standing in judgement over them, or criticising their actions. A bit of love and compassion, yes.

When things go wrong with a son or daughter, that doesn’t mean you should give the family a good kicking. They might end up doing that themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

I'll judge anyone who drives an all terrain vehicle when drunk and hasn't even bothered with the junior cert, despite a life of privilege.

I don't blame his parents though. He's a young man and responsible for his own actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭pawdee

I'll judge anyone who drives an all terrain vehicle when drunk and hasn't even bothered with the junior cert, despite a life of privilege.

I don't blame his parents though. He's a young man and responsible for his own actions.

All terrain? A "Range Rover" Evoque on low profile road tyres wouldn't negotiate a 1:200 slope up a wet field. Don't make me laugh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

pawdee wrote: »
    All terrain? A "Range Rover" Evoque on low profile road tyres wouldn't negotiate a 1:200 slope up a wet field. Don't make me laugh.

Would that mean when it hit someone it would just make a squeaky noise and bounce right off ???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

What an astonishingly judgemental thread. None of us, not one, actually knows what’s going on in the family, in the lad’s head, whether or not he has mental health issues, how hard his mum and dad might have worked to get him on track (or not, and just given in to everything) - none of it.

Those of us who have kids will know how difficult it can be to teach a lesson to a recalcitrant child, how torn you can be with wanting to lavish whatever care and love you can on them, and knowing they need to have the tough love approach. I’m fortunate, in that mine never gave me any serious trouble. And I’d be the first too admit there’s a dollop of luck in there.

But I know parents like me who, for whatever reason, have suffered with one of their kids becoming addicted, then becoming a dealer, then a thief (including from them), probation, prison, rehab (more than once) and then suicide. And they feel they should have tried harder. Talk about anguish, heart breaking sorrow, loss, all never to go away

I wouldn’t dream of standing in judgement over them, or criticising their actions. A bit of love and compassion, yes.

When things go wrong with a son or daughter, that doesn’t mean you should give the family a good kicking. They might end up doing that themselves

But by that sentiment would it not be hard to be judgemental about any crime committed by anybody?

humberklog wrote: »
    But by that sentiment would it not be hard to be judgemental about any crime committed by anybody?

Personaltao.com

judgmental individuals very rarely have inner peace, since judgment produces a busy schedule trying to force placation of the outside world to personal measurements. The process of pushing one’s truths and beliefs onto others is the attempt to maintain personal balance. A judgmental person must always defend oneself against outside changes. Many judgmental individuals are too busy attacking others even to notice they lack inner peace until they slow down. Because of this, they rarely do slow down; they continuously work to ignore the many problems of their lifestyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

Kinda agree with this. The kid is obviously ****ed up. Some people here won't be happy until he's dead from an OD or found hanging from a tree. He needs help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

This guy is a prick, a selfish prick and shouldnt deserve any sympathy.
    His first known case brought bad publisity to his parents, who are in the media. That should have been a red flag to stop because he was tarnishing his mothers reputation, for one I like and respect Rachel
    I had a toxic childhood, but I didnt resort to drug dealing or robbing cars
    I now have a strong family, career, my own house and car, but I suffer with mental illness

What im saying is you cant blame the parents, or his upbringing
    A prick will always be a prick

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shafty100

stay strong and dont listen to the judigemental know alls that have no personal experience of your hardship , i firmly believe if you havent gone through it then you dont truly know it

shafty100 wrote: »
    stay strong and dont listen to the judigemental know alls that have no personal experience of your hardship , i firmly believe if you havent gone through it then you dont truly know it

Are you addressing young Allen there??

HARDSHIP????

33 pages about a lad most of you've never met. Good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shafty100

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Are you addressing young Allen there??

HARDSHIP????

no robert6920 , my mistake

jesus when you think about it, hes not just the victim here

hes..... actually....a hero......*woooooahhh*

ffs

• Advertisement

shafty100 wrote: »
    no robert6920 , my mistake