Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachel Allen's son arrested again...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,038 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    From the article

"He was arrested last month on suspicion of driving while intoxicated after being stopped at a Garda checkpoint near Midleton.

He is now at the centre of another Garda investigation."

It would hardly take a month for his initial test to turn up?

I mean if he has tested positive for drink driving twice in the space of a month his parole has definitely been broken?

It's can take weeks for blood/urine samples to be analysed. Then the summons has to be created and served. He likely hasn't even been to court for the first case yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Lundstram wrote: »
    This isn't an episode of Law and Order. :rolleyes:

Quiet, you are going downtown! I remember one christmas Pearse McCauley was on release/Parole/remand from Castlerea and he had an "arguement" with his wife and he poked her a few times with a knife and he was back in before the turkey was cold on Stephens day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

The sooner they realise that this arrogant easter isn't worth letting loose and make him start doing some prison time, the better.

Seemingly hasn't learnt any lesson from previous exposure to court and doesn't seem to care.

See also: Katy French

I’d really rather not, thank you, if it’s all the same to you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

The sooner they realise that this arrogant easter isn't worth letting loose and make him start doing some prison time, the better.

Seemingly hasn't learnt any lesson from previous exposure to court and doesn't seem to care.

The only difference between him and the multitude of other repeat offenders who never serve their allotted time and never learn from their mistakes is the apparent quality of the family he is from.

This kind of person is plentiful in Ireland, it’s just that this lad is “famous”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The only difference between him and the multitude of other repeat offenders who never serve their allotted time and never learn from their mistakes is the apparent quality of the family he is from.

This kind of person is plentiful in Ireland, it’s just that this lad is famous.

And the quality of lawyer mammy and daddy can afford for him.

I’d really rather not, thank you, if it’s all the same to you

Remember kids why it is not cool to do drugs:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6409/1892/1600/ghetymkwfgkdsfk.jpg

Samantha Lankford BCL must be eating at Ballymaloe for free, she must be down there every weekend. Talk about money train. I am surprised Gerald Keane is not on the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Looking forward to RTE's fly on the wall documentary about him in a couple of years.

Your licence fee put to good use.

Glazers Out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I don't know enough about the kid apart from what I have read in the papers.

I sincerely hope he gets his shight together and grows up. There is no guarantee that will happen either, but I wish him and his family well in getting his life sorted out. He may not realise it now, but he will massively regret this as he gets older. I hope he cops on before it is too late.

In saying all that, I cannot help but feel that there is a tone of posting ( and it is no secret, you'se know who you'se are ) who are basking in some sort of Schadenfreude based on his struggles with the law. This hateful posting, I cannot find a more compatible adjective, is unseemly in my opinion. I don't find it tasteful that posters are happy to laugh and mock someone based on their background, it is blatant inverse snobbery and very very petty.

Getting kicks out of someone else's misfortune is not my idea of having fun, I cannot see the productivity in it either?

• Advertisement

Where do you see this going? There are serious addictions at such an early age. There is little or no formal education and permissive parents.

Its not going to end well. I doubt he will make it to 30.

I don't find it tasteful that posters are happy to laugh and mock someone based on their background, it is blatant inverse snobbery and very very petty.

Getting kicks out of someone else's misfortune is not my idea of having fun, I cannot see the productivity in it either?

You see most of us are trying to raise ourselves up out of lesser backgrounds. Many of us are coping with adversity. Some of us want to become something than the backgrounds we were born into.

This clown is doing the exact opposite. He has metaphorically tied an anvil to his ankles and thrown it off a cliff. He wants to take the whole brand down with him.

I heard a story from a friend out in Jamaica (he was working there for DoB), of an unruly lad from a prominent Dublin family that was getting his rocks off there so it would not attract the attention of the Irish media. That is the only here I am afraid or tell him to pack his bags and leave for other shores.

Hasn’t made a difference so far, and won’t now.

I heard a story from a friend out in Jamaica (he was working there for DoB), of an unruly lad from a prominent Dublin family that was getting his rocks off there so it would not attract the attention of the Irish media. That is the only here I am afraid or tell him to pack his bags and leave for other shores.

Sorry, I’ve read that several times and still can’t make head or tail of it

You see most of us are trying to raise ourselves up out of lesser backgrounds. Many of us are coping with adversity. Some of us want to become something than the backgrounds we were born into.

This clown is doing the exact opposite. He has metaphorically tied an anvil to his ankles and thrown it off a cliff. He wants to take the whole brand down with him.

You just sound like you have a chip on your shoulder.

I would try to get over that if I was you. Life is too short to be getting yourself in a twist over the intransigencies of a few rich boys. Don't panic, they are not thinking about you, at all.

Well off people exist everywhere, despite your self professed humble early existence. Open your eyes, " most of us " can see it is you that is carrying all the issues here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Contrary to popular belief, common sense isn’t all that common. He’s done a couple of foolish things but still deserves a break.

Do you really think the lawyer someone can afford to get makes no difference?

He got 15 months in Feb backdated to last November and was out on release in August.

Sounds like a sweet deal to me, doubt a lad from a council estate with €22000 worth of ganga on him would have done as well in front of a judge.

begbysback wrote: »
    Contrary to popular belief, common sense isn’t all that common. He’s done a couple of foolish things but still deserves a break.

He got behind the wheel while drunk and could have killed someone.

He needs a break all right, a nice long one in the Joy.

He got 15 months in Feb backdated to last November and was out on release in August.

Sounds like a sweet deal to me, doubt a lad from a council estate with €22000 worth of ganga on him would have done as well in front of a judge.

I could respect posters a lot more if they just came out with this from the outset. This is actually the heart of the matter.

But it is still inverse snobbery. There are plenty of criminals walking the streets tonight on suspended sentences. The fact is that poorer members of society will end up in crime more frequently than the well off. For obvious reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

He got behind the wheel while drunk and could have killed someone.

He needs a break all right, a nice long one in the Joy.

More people have been killed by sober drivers than drunk drivers, though governmental campaigns would have you believing differently, therefore we all could have killed somebody.

• Advertisement

You have to meet a solicitor somewhere to work with. He didnt finish rehab succesfully, there is no career plan. A good solicitor could make a great case to show character reform...... this hasnt sadly been the case.

More people have been killed by sober drivers than drunk drivers, though governmental campaigns would have you believing differently, therefore we all could have killed somebody.

Yeah well my brother was nearly killed by a drunk one.

Sorry, I’ve read that several times and still can’t make head or tail of it

I heard a story from a friend who was work out in Jamaica (he was working there for Denis O'Brien), of an unruly lad from a prominent Dublin political family that was drinking and drugging his way though life. His family sent him there so he would not attract the attention of the Irish media. There were incidents with cops, hookers, copious amounts of drugs that would make Johnny Depp blush. This insulated the family from scandal.

The only thing for Josh to do is if he wants to carry out this burn out lifestyle is leave Ballymaloe estate, where he wont be a danger to others. Rehab has failed, vocational training has failed. The boy would ganja in the north pole. He has completely exhausted his options.

You just sound like you have a chip on your shoulder.

I would try to get over that if I was you. Life is too short to be getting yourself in a twist over the intransigencies of a few rich boys. Don't panic, they are not thinking about you, at all.

Well off people exist everywhere, despite your self professed humble early existence. Open your eyes, " most of us " can see it is you that is carrying all the issues here.

I actually hangout with some very well to do professional people, there is no problem there. Some from humble beginnings some from not so humble beginnings. That is not the point. I know they are not thinking about me because these selfish bullixes never think of anyone but themselves.

You are damn right I am carrying issues here and you cannot see what the issue is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Permissive parenting is a cop.out.
    Yes be friends with your kids but not to the point where they can't differentiate between you and peers.

If this lad has issues with ADHD/whatever then his family had, I presume, the financial ability to get him help at an early age.

I realise the junior cert is worthless as exams go but it raises questions as to what his parents were thinking when the lad didn't complete his education not junior cert level.

I’ve seen Buttimer in action a few times.
    It makes a hell of a difference, but as was said above the plaintiff has to play ball as well.

I heard a story from a friend who was work out in Jamaica (he was working there for Denis O'Brien), of an unruly lad from a prominent Dublin political family that was drinking and drugging his way though life. His family sent him there so he would not attract the attention of the Irish media. There were incidents with cops, hookers, copious amounts of drugs that would make Johnny Depp blush. This insulated the family from scandal.

Sounds like a bit if a holiday if you ask me. What has his background got to do with his life? He sounds like a bit a craic if I m being honest. Don't tell me ypu wouldn't have a laugh if you were living in the Caribbean?

Double standards again?
    The only thing for Josh to do is if he wants to carry out this burn out lifestyle is leave Ballymaloe estate, where he wont be a danger to others. Rehab has failed, vocational training has failed. The boy would ganja in the north pole. He has completely exhausted his options.

How are you the most entitled to advise on what is best for him? With all due respect, you haven't really had the guys back thus far?

I could respect posters a lot more if they just came out with this from the outset. This is actually the heart of the matter.

But it is still inverse snobbery. There are plenty of criminals walking the streets tonight on suspended sentences. The fact is that poorer members of society will end up in crime more frequently than the well off. For obvious reasons.

Part of it is he doesnt accept any responsibility and has no thought for other people. The fact is this is the third time the Allens have tried to "pay away" a problem. The last two times they were successful. You know one of the reasons a society falls? There is blatantly obvious law for the wealthy and another for the poor. Then the poor say if the wealthy dont obey the law why should I?

I dont have a criminal record. Being poor is not an excuse for commit a crime, neither has anyone in my family history for as long as I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Gammyeye

Ok, you win! A really amazing argument there.

• Advertisement

Sounds like a bit if a holiday if you ask me. What has his background got to do with his life? He sounds like a bit a craic if I m being honest. Don't tell me ypu wouldn't have a laugh if you were living in the Caribbean?

Double standards again?

How are you the most entitled to advise on what is best for him? With all due respect, you haven't really had the guys back thus far?

No I would not. I am one of the most straight laced individual you will meet. I am married, no interest in drugs and I have been to Caribbean, its an amazing place without drugs.

I am not thinking of saving Josh, we are well past that stage. I am talking about the brand peoples jobs who have no part with Josh's shennighans. At this stage I dont think Josh could save himself, there is no will. Mistakes you make in your youth could follow you for the rest of your life.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement