Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachel Allen's son arrested again...

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    ..and you re okay in funding this, as we all know, incarceration is cheap?

Would I hand over more taxes per month for the building of prisons so lawless scum can be put where they belong and we can be safer ?

Hells to the yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Would I hand over more taxes per month for the building of prisons so lawless scum can be put where they belong and we can be safer ?

Hells to the yeah.

fair play to you, you can pay for those of us that think its a fcuking stupid idea then

reg114 wrote: »
    This is what happens when you have a judiciary handing out such lenient sentences for possession of 22 k worth of drugs, he should have been sentenced to 10 years in jail not the pathetic year and a bit he served. The judiciary and legislature are absolutely part of the problem here. If he was in America they would lock him up and throw away the key for the drug possession alone.

He's wealthy and white. He wouldn't see any time over there.

reg114 wrote: »
    From a penal system standpoint we need to be more like America when it comes to serious offences especially. Currently we have a woefully inadequate system that fulfils zero purpose. It does not constitute an appropriate punishment or meaningful opportunity to rehabilitate the offender, just look at the recidivism rate for proof. In this case the offender has bounced from one serious crime to another. The 15 months in jail on the taxpayers dime have been totally wasted. Serious time is needed for serious sentences not the clown show we currently have.

USA has a recidivism rate of 69% after three years(https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/news/2019/may/3/long-term-recidivism-studies-show-high-arrest-rates/) Irelands is 62.3% (https://www.irishprisons.ie/images/pdf/recidivismstudyss2.pdf)

Also interesting to note for the "lock em up for their full sentence" is this nugget in the Irish report, "The Probation Service study showed a recidivism rate of 37.2% within two years of
    the imposition of a Probation or Community Service Order.
    This study shows a recidivism rate of 58.3% within two years of the completion of a
    prison sentence."

It feels like some people here would probably support Duterte's approach to drug offences, but they should know that that also doesn't work: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-philippines-drugs-performance-exclusi-idUSKBN2010IL

What will it take for the posters that favour all these hard line attitudes to realise they don't work at all?
    Whereas treating people with dignity and respect lowers the recidivism rate, as shown by Norway to 20%: https://www.businessinsider.com/why-norways-prison-system-is-so-successful-2014-12?r=US&IR=T&IR=T

I think a lot of people prefer some sort of twisted vengeance over trying to improve society

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Andrea B. wrote: »
    I know some people who have made mistakes at that age, but sorted themselves out and now give back yo society, more than they took.
    I feel really sorry for this kid (yes. kid) based on many of the attacks on him and his family in this thread.
    He did not choose his parents, grandparents or associated fame and wealth.
    He is obviously troubled and needs support and not be the channel for peoples hatred (jealousy, whatever) of his family.

You might be saying different if he smashed into you or someone belonging to you while pissed drunk.

He isn't a kid either he is a grown man.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i see skooterblue is back spouting sh1te

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

You might be saying different if he smashed into you or someone belonging to you while pissed drunk.

He isn't a kid either he is a grown man.

He is 20. Please get a grip.

I wouldn't begin to get into the shight I got up to at that age, never mind last week.:rolleyes:

I agree, drinking and driving is extremely dangerous, but be honest also, you are getting the boot in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

I did not justify his actions, albeit the wrecklessness of same not unique for that age group. I was more highlighting the attacks on him based around who his family is.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    He is 20. Please get a grip.

I wouldn't begin to get into the shight I got up to at that age, never mind last week.:rolleyes:

I agree, drinking and driving is extremely dangerous, but be honest also, you are getting the boot in?

No I'm not, I've seen first hand the damage someone who is drunk can do to an innocent person.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

No I'm not, I've seen first hand the damage someone who is drunk can do to an innocent person.

And did you blame said drunks family for his/her actions?

Nobody is excusing this man from the crimes he has committed he has already served his punishment for some thats the end of that. I guess He'll face charges and a day in court if he has broken the law here. That should be the end of it .

There is no need to villify him or his family in public as some of the poster here have attempted to do just because of who he is related to.

So have I , and I am sorry for your troubles.

It still has nothing to do with Joshua Allen?

A middle aged man was killed in a head on collision the other night also, any thoughts?

• Advertisement

The Muppet wrote: »
    And did you blame said drunks family for his/her actions?

Nobody is excusing this man from the crimes he has committed he has already served his punishment for some thats the end of that. I guess He'll face charges and a day in court if he has broken the law here. That should be the end of it .

There is no need to villify him or his family in public as some of the poster here have attempted to do just because of who he is related to.

I never said anything about the rest of his family.

So have I , and I am sorry for your troubles.

It still has nothing to do with Joshua Allen?

A middle aged man was killed in a head on collision the other night also, any thoughts?

No it doesn't, but twice in one month doesn't sound like someone who was thankful someone wasn't hurt on the first occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,857 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

In half of America, it wouldn't even have been a crime!

That's not quite true. If you are referring to cannabis being decriminalised then yes - possession of "personal use" amounts wouldn't amount to anything. 22k would. Even in the states where it is more or less legalised - it is controlled and he would be operating without a licence and prosecuted for that.

There is very little to be gained by copying America, except perhaps in the legalising of relatively harmless recreational drugs. There's certainly nothing to be gained by locking people up for 30 years for stealing a can of coke or something just because they've done it 3 times.

There are two issues here and people get them confused. You might be of the opinion that substance X should be legalised. That is a separate matter.

What happened here is that it is not legal. It is precisely because it was legal that he did it. If it were legal - the same money/profit would not have been in it for him. The illegality suited him on the front end - he can't moan about it on the back end.

You can try to argue that if it was legal then that incentive would not be there for him to import this particular substance - but given a motivation and desire for easy/fast money - then such a person would just move onto the next substance which is not legal - be that heroin or smuggled cigarettes or garlic declared as apples.

Take a look at American society, it has precisely nothing to teach any European country. You need better role models. The "land of the free" is a dystopian shít hole!

So is Cork to be fair.

MAGA losers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I never said anything about the rest of his family.

You didn't but other posters are clearly trying to villify the family for this mans actions , it started with the thread title.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

I doubt they'll relish the attention.

One relish ballymaloe won’t be flogging.

Ballymaloe Arsehole Son Relish.

No it doesn't, but twice in one month doesn't sound like someone who was thankful someone wasn't hurt on the first occasion.

Paper never refused ink either. I am slightly dubious about this particular piece of information tbh. I struggle to see what why it has taken a month for his test last month to be processed? I doubt he failed his alcohol test anyway, they would have known that already.

I will wait for confirmation on that one.

Eitherway, you are still jumping the gun on the back of a newspaper article, not a good idea imo. Papers are full a shight. If the Examiner get caught out here I hope he sues their arse off. I still don't get how they can publish an article about him without a charge sheet being produced, they either got word from a sloppy copper or the family told them. I hope he sues them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The Muppet wrote: »
    You didn't but other posters are clearly trying to villify the family for this mans actions , it started with the thread title.

So u don’t think his parents have anything to do with how he’s turned out? He didn’t even do his junior cert which implies to me he was out of control from a young age.

fin12 wrote: »
    So u don’t think his parents have anything to do with how he’s turned out? He didn’t even do his junior cert which implies to me he was out of control from a young age.

Wonder who owns that brand new 60k range rover he was driving.....

fin12 wrote: »

I would say they are exhausted tbh.

Don't tell me you have never seen other families, first handed, go through similar shight with a son or daughter?

Black sheep are everywhere.

Don't tell me you have never seen other families, first handed, go through similar shight with a son or daughter?

Well if he has a brand new 60k range rover at 20 having left school before his Junior Cert then that would appear to be either a case for CAB (given his history) if it is his own vehicle or else it was given to him by his family, or else it belongs to his family who let him drive it.

For the second two options, the family should have leverage to put some brakes on behaviour. no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Well if he has a brand new 60k range rover at 20 having left school before his Junior Cert then that would appear to be either a case for CAB (given his history) if it is his own vehicle or else it was given to him by his family, or else it belongs to his family who let him drive it.

He had a black Audi A5 when he was younger. Probably given things without never

For the second two options, the family should have leverage to put some brakes on behaviour. no?

He had a black A5 Audi when he was younger, given things without ever having to work for them from a young age, always a recipe for disaster.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

That’s racist.

Nah, you know yourself Don, you cannot have eyes in the back of your head? Chunts are chunts ... and this fella is acting the chunt bigtime.

I would not pay too much attention to the nitty gritty on the Range Rover. To plebs it seems like a piece of luxury, but they are 2 a penny with the middle classes, they just see a jeep with leather interiors. They probably gave it too him because it has a roll cage as standard, they know what he is like, loike? At least he has half a chance of surviving the accident when he ends up totalling it.

If he was my brother he would be black and blue 10 times over, but he isn't you see. That mightn't solve him either, he can only sort himself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It is possible to hold someone accountable for their actions, and also call on society to help them sort themselves out.

The two are not mutually exclusive positions.

Saying that he's troubled or needs help, doesn't imply that he's not responsible for his actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

seamus wrote:
    Saying that he's troubled or needs help, doesn't imply that he's not responsible for his actions.

Absolutely, if laws have been broken.... that's what the system is there for

Wonder who owns that brand new 60k range rover he was driving.....

that hasn't been established........
    https://extra.ie/2020/09/22/news/irish-news/further-heartbreak-for-rachel-allen-as-her-son-crashes-4x4-worth-e70k

But 16 weeks ago Rachel was getting her Disco serviced............ rachelallen1
    It’s great to see garages opening and the wheels slowly starting to turn again. Thanks to all @jpmgcork for the safe & easy Landrover Discovery Sport servicing system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

The big worry isn't that he's relapsed drugs-wise, it is the family not taking a hardline approach to him driving.

He was already caught last month and he's been driving around since?

Maybe he stole the keys who knows but I can't see how any family in their right mind would give him access to a motorized vehicle.

The dude is obviously very unwell mentally.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Has anyone pointed out that Rachel Allen is the Land Rover brand ambassador?

Car is probably owned by JLR.

She had a Discovery Sport 191D2924. That changed ownership on 19/08/20 so maybe she just changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,600 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Has anyone pointed out that Rachel Allen is the Land Rover brand ambassador?

Several times at this stage I’d say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,600 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

This thread thrives on schadenfreude. The son is clearly a huge worry to his parents and family. I hope he gets (and accepts) help, and that he overcomes whatever problems afflict him. There are far, far worse than him, so why do his troubles create such outrage.

It sort of reminds me of when you hear of the local teachers, Garda, principals, doctors, etc child getting into bother with the law.
    People love it and gossip about it for months and they can’t wait to see what they do next.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement