Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIV-37,063 ROI (1,801 deaths) 12,886 NI (582 deaths) (02/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

High risk due to the widespread effect of an outbreak going across many counties if not detected, you also have 19/20 year olds with possibly their first time living away from home and they understandably are going to break out, restrictions will not apply

Not seeking a row but what's you solution, place the lives of every college eligible young person on hold? As I already stated online learning is not an option for everyone nor is it desirable or particle in many instances.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

LOL, Everyone is so rude to one another on this......Leaving......

Stay, dont let the haters win

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Rudeness is one of the symptoms of covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Now why would that be , if it is no harm in the first place, as you say ?
    Because two viruses at the same time are not good for you? What sort of a question is that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Have you actually read the report you linked to? There is a vast difference between saying that, in a small number of very rare cases, COVID might be responsible for an inflammatory condition versus evidence that COVID is worse for children than other infectious diseases. I’m genuinely not sure if you are reading my posts in full, or just reading one word and responding to that.

I have read it and discussed it on this forum months ago.
    I work in the area and know what the effects are .
    I have read all your posts and replied as well as I can .
    But I do think you are not open to the fact that I have provided evidence which disproves your statement that Covid affects children LESS than other infectious diseases.
    There are numerous complications with other infectious diseases eg encephalitis with measles , but the variety of severe effects that Covid has been found to have for some children , even in the short space of time we know about it , has paediatricians very worried .
    Especially as the general attitude is , that as it doesn't kill them , or they may have a milder infection , that it us of they get infected .
    It is not .
    That is why NPHET didn't open creches and schools until they absolutely had to .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭wellwhynot

Moving goal posts and changing tack ...
    Deaths were not mentioned .

As it happens unfortunately children HAVE died in other countries .
    We have had 48 under 15 hospitalised , 3 in ICU , but thankfully no deaths .
    There has been a 19 year old who died with no underlying conditions.
    There are also children in Ireland still sick with long term Covid.

We have had one death in the under 24’s according to the HPSC. She sadly was receiving end of life care in a hospice and caught Covid. Her brother gave an interview to the Indo I think it was. She died of cancer but is marked as a Covid death.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Are we actually suggesting that Covid is dangerous to young people... despite only having 1 death under 25.

Interestingly when my cousin and husband got the virus their 2 little kids didn’t even catch it.

It says the majority of details remain unknown.
    There's no conclusion made.

Yes..but the previous phrase...
    increasing numbers of cases reported and case series...

Of course it is inconclusive, everything about this is as yet , doesn't mean you disregard current evidence .
    Is that what they teach you now in UCC ?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Good video, I wonder what this lad will do when all this is over !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

LOL, Everyone is so rude to one another on this......Leaving......

Theres a certain 'merry band' on here and their putative leader that set the tone unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Because two viruses at the same time are not good for you? What sort of a question is that

But you said they are as harmless as each other ..why would you say that when you know it's not true ?

From some of the posts on here, I am guessing we should close ALL schools and crèches? At least until a while after everyone has taken the vaccine.

Bubble wrap until they are 18 if no vaccine.

I understand that there are no deaths but it’s just too risky.

wellwhynot wrote: »
    We have had one death in the under 24’s according to the HPSC. She sadly was receiving end of life care in a hospice and caught Covid. Her brother gave an interview to the Indo I think it was. She died of cancer but is marked as a Covid death.

That's not the case recorded .

Look I won't say anymore here , on an internet forum , for some here to skit at . We are talking about someone's child here .

But you said they are as harmless as each other ..why would you say that when you know it's not true ?
    When did I say that?
    COVID is 99% harmless for kids.
    If kids get a regular cold and the flu at the same they're going to be sick, that's kinda how this whole illness thing works

Yes..but the previous phrase...
    increasing numbers of cases reported and case series...

Of course it is inconclusive, everything about this is as yet , doesn't mean you disregard current evidence .
    Is that what they teach you now in UCC ?
    Personal jabs, real classy

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

From some of the posts on here, I am guessing we should close ALL schools and crèches? At least until a while after everyone has taken the vaccine.

Bubble wrap until they are 18 if no vaccine.

I understand that there are no deaths but it’s just too risky.

Good that you don't need to worry about earning a living and can just afford to hide under your bed for months.

Sadly most of us have to work for a living ...

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭majcos

wellwhynot wrote: »
    I thought the death in under 25 age group was in Mayo - Sally Maaz aged 17. Had a congenital heart defect. She was not in hospice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

When did I say that?
    COVID is 99% harmless for kids.
    If kids get a regular cold and the flu at the same they're going to be sick, that's kinda how this whole illness thing works

You are wasting your time sadly. She is not open to any information that challenges her pre determined opinion.

Good that you don't need to worry about earning a living and can just afford to hide under your bed for months.

Gosh , your usual contribution is BOO !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

Sarcasm alert. I think you need to re-read the post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Personal jabs, real classy

Speaking of classy posts. Very classy last night when you were on to one of the ladies who does the testing.

527256.jpg

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114700858&postcount=9847

spookwoman wrote: »
    Speaking of classy posts. Very classy last night when you were on to one of the ladies who does the testing.

527256.jpg

You do realise that was referring to the HSE reply? That has literally got nothing to do with Martina. Shows you didn't even read the conversation.

You do realise that was referring to the HSE reply? That has literally got nothing to do with Martina. Shows you didn't even read the conversation.

Did you apologise to Martina for dismissing her posts as untrue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

spookwoman wrote: »

527256.jpg

I don't think that means what you think it means.

Did you apologise to Martina for dismissing her posts as untrue?
    Are you my mom or something? Could you be any more condescending?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

Nobody has to undermine Public Health, NPHET does that daily!

Glynn and Nolan earlier with their favourite classic "the next 10 days are critical", do me a favour! They've been saying that since March we're 7 months in ffs! And it's probably been here even longer.

What about day 11? They have no credibility or plan. What happened to living with Covid?
    There may never be a widespread vaccine, why are they pretending it's coming anytime soon?

Are you my mom or something? Could you be any more condescending?

Haha, ACE , it's time to apologise , lol ;)

Haha, ACE , it's time to apologise , lol ;)
    Welcome to the internet, you clearly have a lot to learn.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Level 8.

Sexual tension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I don't think that means what you think it means.
    He was questioning her ability to do her job. He was rude and condescending to her and treating her like she didn't know what she was on about. It's her job to run these test, whats his qualifications in the field and has he actually ever worked in these labs running pcr tests?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114701504&postcount=9949
    "Originally Posted by Martina1991 View Post
    A swab will yield a positve result when viral RNA to SARS CoV 2 is detected.

You cant find whats not there.
    I could take a swab from you and amplify it til the cows come home, its not going to be positve if theres no viral RNA in the sample (unless contaminated).

We're splitting hairs here really.
    If someone gets a pos result they likely either have or had been infected with Covid.

So why take a risk of infecting others. Isolate for 2 weeks and be safe.
    Regardless of all the statistical crap."
    His reply was

Are you familiar with using the assay that the NVRL uses? If not then we're just as clueless as each other, to be fair.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114702133&postcount=10006

Originally Posted by Martina1991 View Post
    Ok so you guys think a large proportion of our cases are false even though the assays and methods havent changed and are detecting the same virus, the same way it has from the start with over a 99% rate of detecting the virus when it is present.

His reply
    "Are you familiar with using the assay that the NVRL uses? If not then we're just as clueless as each other, to be fair."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement