Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIV-37,063 ROI (1,801 deaths) 12,886 NI (582 deaths) (02/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Drumpot wrote: »
    One thing that this has done is actually given the government the opportunity to bring in more stringent penalties for individuals flaunting the rules. They can Spin it that “it was either penalties or lockdown”.

They will fine somebody for breaking a rule.

Hysterics will ensue and the government will climb down after be judged to be worse than the Nazis by the left wing opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

How we fixed for numbers today

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

So are people still going to die from Covid if there is
    a vaccine?

Well we should have herd immunity if there's a vaccine if it works well.

If 90% of people get the vaccine and it works on 70% of people we should have herd immunity and outbreaks should be small and rare.

That said yeah there can still be deaths after we have a vaccine. Between antivax and those that the vaccine doesn't work on there can still be outbreaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Gradius wrote: »
    Oh the grand old Duke of Cork?
    They had ten thousand cases,
    They locked in the country and opened it up,
    Then they had another ten thousand cases

And when numbers were up they were up,
    And when numbers were down they were down,
    And when they were only half way up,
    The economy still went down
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Russman

Does this now put us up with the Trump and BoJo administrations in ignoring the medical experts and scientists ? Rarified air indeed.
    Have we lost the right to ridicule Trump for ignoring Fauci ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Let's see what happens when the silent majority who want their people protected start to speak up and start telling their representatives what they think of them. Most of the noise these few days is being made by the deniers. The virus doesn't care if you want your nice life back. It will take your life and that of others. Especially the old and weakest. It will also wreak havoc on some younger lives.

Mind yourself carefully for the next six months because this virus is on the march, and your government appears no longer interested in keeping you alive. Because some people have to party.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Drumpot wrote: »
    One thing that this has done is actually given the government the opportunity to bring in more stringent penalties for individuals flaunting the rules. They can Spin it that “it was either penalties or lockdown”.

At the end of the day though, they're the government - They set the rules, they set the punishments. They know what's at stake, they don't need to spin it any way. They need to give the Gardai a big stick to keep the people flouting the rules in line.

Micháel needs to step up and lead, or feck off out of the way. This bumbling and delaying is doing nothing for anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

marno21 wrote: »
    Surprised they're not moving Donegal to Level 4 here to be honest. It's ridiculous to have Mayo and Donegal on the same level when Donegal has TEN times the incidence rate.

But like many counties, Donegal or the other top infected counties weren’t in the news a while back. Most had small numbers and then just seemed to snowball.
    The counties today with low numbers could be the very same way in a week or so.
    Bloody curse of a disease!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yes, NPHET is focused solely on the national health.
    Where does that rank in your estimation?
    I'd rank it the same as I would rank the economy, mental health. All are interlinked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,252 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Neither is anyone else.

That is true too but we hearing more about students, fact is everyone needs to play their part, all ages

• Registered Users Posts: 25,322 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

So if the government can discount NPHET's advice, can we not follow the gov's advice?
    Advice is advice right. Take it or leave it by nature.

If I have a spare 40 grand. I want a new car. My mechanic mate of 15 years experience says the Hyundai Santa Fe, he’s a mechanic, he owns one his second one.

If I take a look at the Skoda Kodiak SUV, cheaper, not quite as nice but I go for it, a year later I realize it’s a plastic unreliable flop and I’m back to the garage twice....

Who is responsible ? My mechanic ? The Skoda salesman ? Nope, ME... I had the expert advice formed by expertise and experience. But I for whatever reason said no.

Similar situation here, government need to put their ears to the medical men and their loyalty to the citizens

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Have you looked at level 3? We're pretty much shutting down the hospitality sector for the country.

We're not ignoring you dope.

Which will achieve absolutely nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 35,994 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

What is level 3
    Need a summary

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

;)

tenor-3.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

Right. Any word on the enforcement measures?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

What is level 3
    Need a summary

In summary no need to bulk buy toys, pasta or bogroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,252 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So no staycations, stay in our own counties unless essential work travel now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Hopefully its a no nonsense approach

• Advertisement

Well done the Government for not bowing to hysteria driven merchants like Sam McConkey and factoring in peoples' livelihoods. Some actual leadership shown at last, the NPHET puppet strings have been severed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Russman wrote: »
    Does this now put us up with the Trump and BoJo administrations in ignoring the medical experts and scientists ? Rarified air indeed.
    Have we lost the right to ridicule Trump for ignoring Fauci ?

With a lower infection rate than many countries in Europe, we have the strictest restrictions. We're hardly doing a Trump or a BoJo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

What is level 3
    Need a summary

Rainy pints

• Registered Users Posts: 35,994 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Level 3 is '' as you were''
    Nothing in it whatsoever, no changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭landofthetree

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

So really no bloody difference to level 2 for 3 further weeks :rolleyes: good to know the government are listening to the experts ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Likely to take longer, need legislation that won't come in today one would suspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

3 weeks before Level 4. Levels only going in 1 direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

So really no bloody difference to level 2 for 3 further weeks :rolleyes: good to know the government are listening to the experts ffs

No team sports 😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Just watching Virgin News and it was spelled out clear as day we fecking needed more ICU beds. Why the hell did we not do that for the last 6 months. One of the Biggest spenders in Europe on health service and worst ICU capacity. Should rent the private hospitals again like in May Jun Jul to cover us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement