Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIV-37,063 ROI (1,801 deaths) 12,886 NI (582 deaths) (02/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Level 3 is '' as you were''
    Nothing in it whatsoever, no changes.

Eh well there is, no more fans allowed at sports, reduced numbers at funerals etc, hosptiality sector essentially closed. Restictions on nursing home visits also.

Some of it might not affect you but there is changes.

Your looking at 150k+ back onto the dole overnight

• Registered Users Posts: 35,994 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Total cop out, Level 3 will have zero effect.

T-TOTAL LOCKDOWN WEEKENDS would be a better bet. Lock down country every Friday at 11pm, Open Monday at 5am.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Any word on when we can expect today's numbers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

3 weeks before Level 4. Levels only going in 1 direction.

Probably won't even take the three weeks unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

So really no bloody difference to level 2 for 3 further weeks :rolleyes: good to know the government are listening to the experts ffs

Well there a a lot of differences for counties other than Dublin and Donegal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

Any word on when we can expect today's numbers?

I’d say any minute now... get ready

I'm not allowed go near campus. Stuck at home. But we should be blamed.

You are going in a couple hours a week ago as part of your courses blended learning according to yourself, and if UCC have decided to stop blended learning they haven't updated their site
    https://www.ucc.ie/en/emt/covid19/timetables/

So take it your course has just moved to online only?

Friend has an interview with DKIT for an open.position on Wednesday; The interview is taking place on campus.
    Labs are still taking place there for veterinary etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭octsol

600+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Just watching Virgin News and it was spelled out clear as day we fecking needed more ICU beds. Why the hell did we not do that for the last 6 months. One of the Biggest spenders in Europe on health service and worst ICU capacity. Should rent the private hospitals again like in May Jun Jul to cover us.

We could just go to the market. Ask the private hospitals to provide ICU beds and pay for them as needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭howsshenow

ALDI Castletroy Limerick allowing Adult shoppers in without a facemask..
    I thought Dunnes were Ott but this is Totally unacceptable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Tony has damaged himself and NPHET. He was too impatient to make a statement. All he had to do was to highlight serious concerns all week and he would have got his greater enforcement and probably a mix of level 3 and level 4.

I think he knew what he was doing, and has got what he wanted. Also the Government can say they are taking the pandemic seriously, but have to balance other concerns so opted for level 3 restrictions as the best solution. The problem for the Government is if these restrictions fail, but they will probably succeed as we have seen in Kildare. So in the medium terms both sides are placated, until we open up again and cases start to rise again.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,322 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

boggerman1 wrote: »
    Sick of the gaa bashing by the usual anti gaa/soccer crowd.any gaa thing I’ve been at locally everything done to the best of ways possible.plenty of crap going on all over and it’s not all the gaa fault.

It’s not bashing, it’s criticism.

If it was the local hockey team same thing.

We are not hearing funnily enough about basketball, hockey, etc...

It’s the GAA’s fault when it’s happening on their property or their watch as organized by them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

howsshenow wrote: »

The game is up. We're letting it rip whether we like it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

polesheep wrote: »
    We could just go to the market. Ask the private hospitals to provide ICU beds and pay for them as needed.

As far as I know when they handed back the private hospitals it was specified that they could take some or all back if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

If I give someone 50 euro and they burn in front of my face, I feel like giving them another 50 euro is retarded. Why do and why should we keep on giving the HSE (and feckload of other public services) the money to burn in front of our face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Blondini wrote: »
    Probably won't even take the three weeks unfortunately.

Why such pessimism? Last week, Philip Nolan said he was cautiously optimistic about Dublin, and that the R in Dublin was getting close to 1. If the whole country moves to level 3, then I think there is every chance of getting R to 1 or a bit below. That's all we need to get stability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Mad virus altogether. The graphs emerging from different countries showing it going through the roof everywhere. (except nz)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

howsshenow wrote: »

My local Spar is the same. I tend to only go later in the evening after work and after my daily walk, so not many out and about then, but you will always get one damn fool coming in without a mask. Honestly, we have far too many idiots who don't care if they kill someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

As a people, we all need to become more aware of the role the media has played in all of this.

Never forget that they're out there to make money off your lack of judgement and tendancy to draw towards shock headlines.

I was only watching the VM half 5 news and they obviously selected a certain type to interview on the street of Dublin. I'd say in editing, they choose the most entertaining to watch.

Just be aware that your sources of information are there to make money from you and are designed to draw you in like a fly to ****.

The media aren't reliable and haven't been in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    As far as I know when they handed back the private hospitals it was specified that they could take some or all back if needed

I'm suggesting buying ICU bed space as needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Someone posted this earlier in the thread.
    If there have been 254 cases in the 65 + age bracket in the last week there will be a serious demand on ICU.
    Currently the 65 - 74 age cohort has a 5% lCU admission rate.

5% of 254 is 12.

10% fatality rate also which would translate to 24 deaths.
    528376.png

https://twitter.com/Philip_Ryan/status/1313097460152139782?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

518 cases

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

134 in Dublin, 53 in Cork, 49 in Limerick, 34 in Donegal, 32 in Meath.

Remaining 216 cases are spread across 20 counties.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I'm suggesting buying ICU bed space as needed.

You can't just buy ICU capacity though. The issue is a lack of trained professionals needed to run the ICU's. That's a medium to long term problem that the Government can't solve overnight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭TexasTornado

518 cases

Ah no. Another huge number :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

518 more positive PCR results

Zero deaths..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

GooglePlus wrote: »
    As a people, we all need to become more aware of the role the media has played in all of this.

Never forget that they're out there to make money off your lack of judgement and tendancy to draw towards shock headlines.

I was only watching the VM half 5 news and they obviously selected a certain type to interview on the street of Dublin. I'd say in editing, they choose the most entertaining to watch.

Just be aware that your sources of information are there to make money from you and are designed to draw you in like a fly to ****.

The media aren't reliable and haven't been in a long time.

You mean the likes of RTE is not trustworthy despite their shiny new ad saying they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

134 in Dublin, 53 in Cork, 49 in Limerick, 34 in Donegal, 32 in Meath.

Remaining 216 cases are spread across 20 counties.

Countrywide spread is a disaster. The country has become a macro version of Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement