Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIV-37,063 ROI (1,801 deaths) 12,886 NI (582 deaths) (02/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Boggles wrote: »
    :confused:

Have you taken over NPHET lites job?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Benimar wrote: »
    Sunday to thursday (last 5 days) positive swabs:
    2 weeks ago - 803
    Last week - 1,306
    This week - 1,658

Thanks. 1306 is 62% growth over 803. 1658 is 27% growth rate over 1306. So the growth rate is slowing. Always the optimist :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

Ah well.

At least we're stable at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Ah well.

Stable, but "worrying". ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭ongarite

wadacrack wrote: »

A lot of people can't afford to self-isolate.
    The working poor are usually gig employees on zero hour contracts with no sick pay.
    No work=no money for rent & food.

• Advertisement

That's a mighty big bet batman and you wouldn't happen to know how many years it'll take to weaken before it won't be able to overwhelm our health services and lead to other unconnected deaths due to capacity constraints?

Well if we continue on our current containment path, I would guess 12 to 18 months as about 20-30% will have had it and the most vulnerable will be vaccinated, wheras if we go down the McConkey / Ryan / Killeen route at least 4 years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Sunday to thursday (last 5 days) positive swabs:
    2 weeks ago - 803
    Last week - 1,306
    This week - 1,658

Test numbers for each of the last 3 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,010 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Ah well.

It's doubled in a fortnight.

We are about as stable as a photosensitive epileptic at a laser disco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

It's going to be fascinating to discover who wins here

Benimar and myself gave the same numbers, I just rounded the positivity rate. Not sure what Seamus is at though, needs to try harder :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

seamus wrote: »
    398 positive tests on 14612 swabs. 2.72% positivity rate.

A little up, but nothing dramatic.

Could be upwards of 400 cases notified today.
    398 positive swabs from 14,373 tests - positivity rate of 2.77%
    398 positive tests, 14373 tests. Positivity rate = 2.8%. Not great.

Hmm! There seems to be an echo in here :D

First prize goes to seamus

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,374 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

ongarite wrote: »
    A lot of people can't afford to self-isolate.
    The working poor are usually gig employees on zero hour contracts with no sick pay.
    No work=no money for rent & food.

huge increase in zero hour contracts in the last few years especially in the uk , no surprise at all in those figures

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

seamus wrote: »
    398 positive tests on 14612 swabs. 2.72% positivity rate.

A little up, but nothing dramatic.

Could be upwards of 400 cases notified today.

Sorry silly question but how do you calculate this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

We could have 500 deaths and 50,000 deaths and people would still say we're stable!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Donegal may be going to level 3 leak

How's our backlog looking?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,302 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You're right I didn't, get a dictionary and read. ;-)
    Really? It's not in any dictionary I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JDD

Jaysus, are we doing 14k tests a day now? That's pretty much capacity isn't it, even with the contract with the German labs?

Worldometers says that we have completed over 1m tests to date. Now, I know a good few of them are people who get regularly tested - e.g. meat factories, nursing homes etc. Does anyone have figures on the number of individuals who have been tested?

Because if we're now doing 100k tests a week, sure the entire population could be tested by the time the vaccine comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

eigrod wrote: »
    Pretty high alright at a time we hoped to see some stabilisation given Dublin almost 7 days under restrictions now.
    The dice for this week had already been rolled before the restrictions came in though. The numbers we're seeing today and yesterday, probably even the next few days too, are from people who started feeling unwell or close contacts of those, who got infected up to 10 or so days ago.

Middle to end of next week we should be seeing the result, if any, of the restrictions, with hopefully fewer cases. But of course only Dublin is currently on "lock-down", rest of the country is in lock-ins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

likely 400plus today so media frenzy ahead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

398 poor souls told today that they're probably going to lose a limb and require a double lung transplant. It's just so WORRYING!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Am I correct in the implications of moving to level 4?

- Gyms closed
    - swimming pools closed
    - Ikea closed
    - arnotts closed
    - hardware closed
    - schools open

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

398 poor souls told today that they're probably going to lose a limb and require a double lung transplant. It's just so WORRYING!

What a crap thing to say. Neither funny nor clever.

fritzelly wrote: »

Can I still get my nct done in level 3? Bad enough I have to drive to letterkenny this Saturday but the alternative was to wait until January 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,302 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

What's not nice is you making a joke about people being told they have a virus than can kill you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday last week 1,059 reported cases from 44,912 tests carried out.

Monday, Tuesday, yesterday and today 49,352 tests carried out and so far 756 cases which could jump up to 1156 tonight if we have at least 400 reported cases. It's still stable when you consider the case load is from 4440 extra tests this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,374 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

fritzelly wrote: »

jeez typical I've second half of a work training course next week. wonder where that will end up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

eigrod wrote: »
    Pretty high alright at a time we hoped to see some stabilisation given Dublin almost 7 days under restrictions now.

The cases that are being detected now were most likely infected several days ago, even a week or so ago, so the effect of further restrictions on Dublin won't be seen for a few days yet, possibly next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

That's a mighty big bet batman and you wouldn't happen to know how many years it'll take to weaken before it won't be able to overwhelm our health services and lead to other unconnected deaths due to capacity constraints?
    Well if we continue on our current containment path, I would guess 12 to 18 months as about 20-30% will have had it and the most vulnerable will be vaccinated, wheras if we go down the McConkey / Ryan / Killeen route at least 4 years

That's great news. You should get on to the HIV and ebola crowd once covid peters out.

I won't be so rude as to ask for a source as I think I know the answer.

527308.jpg

Scotland - 486 new cases. 2 deaths.

224 in the Greater Glasgow and Clyde area.

Hard to conclude anything really definitive from their experience, except that their strict household restrictions (no visitors) which is the same as our level 4, are not particularly effective.

465 new cases in Scotland.
    219 in Glasgow & Clyde.

124 positive in an outbreak at a Glasgow uni.

Good times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Am I correct in the implications of moving to level 4?

- Gyms closed
    - swimming pools closed
    - Ikea closed
    - arnotts closed
    - hardware closed
    - schools open

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/dc29a-level-4/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement