Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIV-37,063 ROI (1,801 deaths) 12,886 NI (582 deaths) (02/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Cork is still miles down the list per head of population. 34 per day in Cork wouldn’t see any extra restrictions imposed. The problem is it’s been at that level for about a week now. If it goes up for a sustained period it’s a problem. But other places are in a much worse place for now.

Its still a good bit down the list alright, but growing with a bit of pace. Nothing to be worried about yet, but one to watch.

https://twitter.com/higginsdavidw/status/1309174927497584641?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

So schools are open and kids going back and forth, and sitting indoors all day. And teachers are continuing to do their work with them.

But most other things closed now. What is left to close at this stage?

Seems to be a thing regarding drinking only pubs now. Our local hostillery has erected a fabulous marquee in their beer garden but I walked past earlier and the manager was having a smoke at the door and said we are hoping for the best weatherwise, but we can only have fifteen in. Keeping it going for the community. Well done. Food served of course and booked up for tonight, tomorrow and Saturday.

Stheno wrote: »
    No. Wet pubs can open in Donegal, they can't in Dublin

Thats because the Dubs can't behave themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Seems like the easiest way to derail these threads is mentioning locking down Cork.

Place goes mental for a few minutes after

I've learned my lesson.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,484 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Exactly WUG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,261 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Is there around 150 cases unaccounted now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭spookwoman

24-09-2020-Daily-p1.jpg
    24-09-2020-Daily-p2.jpg
    24-09-2020-Daily-p3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Confirmed on NT that Donegal drink only pubs can stay open but only for outdoor drinkers. May have been mentioned already apologies if so.

But they are at level 3. Dublin is at 3.5 AFAIK see the difference? Dublin publicans with outdoor spaces and no food must be hopping mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Polar101

Interesting......

Funny, but Finnair does fly Dublin-Helsinki - I guess they were talking about the Dublin-Tampere Ryanair route they cancelled some years ago. :)

But I agree the green list is a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,270 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think everyone just stay in your county unless essential

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Ah I despise Ryanair. They've no right commenting on something like that, making it out as if it's not all about the money they're missing out on.

They're a shower of scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,553 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Christ thats actually their official twitter?

Thats embarrassing. I know they never pretended to be professional but jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,261 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭wowzer

PopTarts wrote: »
    Is there around 150 cases unaccounted now?

Benimar is usually spot on with these figures, hopefully they will give us an update as it seems like there is quite a few cases unaccounted.

It's seems unlikely that re-tests are the reason but no one really knows.

Don't think they will win anyone to their arguments with this juvenile stuff tbh. People in NK often tortured, killed, imprisoned and starved. Shouldn't be used as a punchline from a budget airline. Do they honestly think people will be travelling in droves regardless of what green list is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Thats because the Dubs can't behave themselves.

Can confirm. Am Dub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

Eod100 wrote: »
    Don't think they will win anyone to their arguments with this juvenile stuff tbh. People in NK often tortured, killed, imprisoned and starved. Shouldn't be used as a punchline from a budget airline. Do they honestly think people will be travelling in droves regardless of what green list is?

Controversy creates cash

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭boardise

It's amazing what discomforts people put up with. This morning I saw people eating full meals, with the rain drizzling down, at tables placed on the general footpath beyond contained areas of cafes in Churchtown. No shelter from the elements whatsoever, and with all human traffic brushing by.

Yup , those damp diesel particles can really spice up a meal. Yum-Yuggh.

MOR316 wrote: »
    Controversy creates cash

Maybe in normal times but when barely anyone is travelling don't think that's necessarily true

• Advertisement

Thomas Pringle looks like Rab c nesbitt today.

Sorry, Thomas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

Re-infections, don't be daft, this is Ireland and not going to happen.

Ye probably not seeing as though there is a whopping 15 cases documented in over 30millions cases .

Maybe in normal times but when barely anyone is travelling don't think that's necessarily true

It really is though.

For every person who disagrees with that tweet, there'll be two people who either don't care or, who agree with it.

The little guy, who is being suppressed by the Government's draconian handling of this situation, Ryanair understands them! They are there for the little guy! Those planes will be full of the little guy.

In other words, that tweet ain't gonna do any damage to them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

wowzer wrote: »
    Benimar is usually spot on with these figures, hopefully they will give us an update as it seems like there is quite a few cases unaccounted.

It's seems unlikely that re-tests are the reason but no one really knows.

There is a 75 case difference today, along with an 80 difference yesterday.

Since Sept 10th (the last day the overall totals seemed to be the same) there is a 238 case difference.

If there isn’t a lot of retesting of previously confirmed positive cases going on then we have quite a few outstanding cases to come.

Since the 10th, announced cases have exceeded positive swabs only three times. Last Tuesday, last Friday and this tuesday....tomorrow is Friday...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Ar*e Waterford map went red to the east was just Tramore area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Ah I despise Ryanair. They've no right commenting on something that, making it out as if it's not all about the money they're missing out on.

They're a shower of scumbags.

Ah come on, you have to admit they have a point. Complete joke constant lockdowns and scaremongering.

Who is this twat on RTE news?

Guy with glasses! Ever since March, he literally sticks out like a sore thumb! He seemingly loves the misery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭Nermal

Do they honestly think people will be travelling in droves regardless of what green list is?

If people weren't going to travel anyway, why would the government go to such pains to discourage and frighten them? To deliberately blur the line between what's prevented by law and what's merely not 'advised'?

They have every right to be angry. Their business has been destroyed, not by the pandemic, but by our government's response to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭blowitupref

So far this week compared to the first 4 days of last week we had 21 extra reported cases from 4,440 extra tests.

A backlog of cases to added in for the days ahead but will case numbers be higher than last Friday, Saturday, Sunday that had 923 cases for those 3 days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

pjohnson wrote: »
    Christ thats actually their official twitter?

Thats embarrassing. I know they never pretended to be professional but jaysus.

They're some chancers. They changed the flight times of my flight, sent an email to tell me and told me I'm entitled to apply for a refund, the refund link doesn't work, only the link to accept the changes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement