Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIV-37,063 ROI (1,801 deaths) 12,886 NI (582 deaths) (02/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

It's time for fines and imprisonment for anyone getting it who is not vulnerable or working in healthcare.

Fining someone for contracting a highly infectious disease would be a terrible idea. Would mean people don't seek medical attention, don't get tested, don't get contact traced, don't self-isolate or restrict their movements etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

froog wrote: »
    lol wut?

Sorry Bai. Tis hard to type with fat fingers and a mask on the hands like you know.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

So 28 additional cases, within the last week, in my LEA (of 50k people). Wonder if they're a cluster somewhere *stares at everyone passing*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Jaysus,MM is appalling at the briefing...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭CiarraiManc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think everyone just stay in your county unless essential

Should be brought into place for the next 6 months like the other measures. People have had it too free and too easy for too long with the restrictions and we're about to pay for our lazy attitude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭4Ad

All coronavirus on rte, then it shows girl getting on bus with the mask below her nose..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

MM is appalling full stop

Badly out of his depth

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Jaysus,MM is appalling at the briefing...

Horses for courses.

His course is the bin

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Should be brought into place for the next 6 months like the other measures. People have had it too free and too easy for too long with the restrictions and we're about to pay for our lazy attitude
    People have had it too easy being able to move within their own country and trying to have a semblance of a normal life?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I don't like bashing MM just for the sake of it, but it's crazy how little authority he projects in comparison to Ronan Glynn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

ixoy wrote: »
    People have had it too easy being able to move within their own country and trying to have a semblance of a normal life?!

And after a summer of everyone being encouraged to holiday here. And government rebate scheme is from October to April

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Not to mind that we weren't able to move outside out counties for longer than we have been able to move since the June 29th

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Arghus wrote: »
    I don't like bashing MM just for the sake of it, but it's crazy how little authority he projects in comparison to Ronan Glynn.

I think it’s fair to say that Glynn is carrying MM here.

Exactly what I mean....appallingly poor authority,stuttering and stammering and repeating stuff Ronan Glynn has already says by way of an answer to a different question and basically handing over to whoever is beside him at every opportunity....he really should step aside...but who the hell would you put in his place??

There isn't going to be an old normal life for people for a very long time because of this. People should stop lying to themselves and everyone else that there's going to be some microwave meal quick fix for this. It's science fiction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭maebee

I'm still in shock since MM spoke about the high cases in Stranolar. We're just home after a few fabulous days in Donegal. Stayed in Ballybofey, went for a walk last night and ended up in Stranolar. OH wanted to have a look at Finn Harp's ground, went into the Lidl there. We never took our masks off so fingers crossed.

And even poor old Ronan is like a headmaster that nobody listens too...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,261 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Glynn is by far the better speaker than MM. No wonder MM keeps handing the questions to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TheBlackPill

As an Island nation we had the chance to go down the Taiwan/New zealand route. With a bit more backbone we could have been opened up internally and become the workshop/mart of europe. But we were too busy demanding the pubs reopen so people could drink and for their mental health, even though drink is very bad for mental health. We have no discipline. Instead of comparing ourselves to the Uk/us/europe we should be benchmarking ourselves against the East Asian nations

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

This is exactly the kind of lunatic fringe we have running the country (into the ground) now.
    You stay in “your county“ if you like forever. Absolutely nothing or no one is stopping you. Just kindly keep your extremist desires out of everyone else lives and plans. Is that too much to ask?

• Advertisement

It's science fiction

A bit like most of your posts to be honest.

Stay in your county until further notice, don't meet your family in another county while being outdoors and distant.....Absolute pie in the sky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

As an Island nation we had the chance to go down the Taiwan/New zealand route. With a bit more backbone we could have been opened up internally and become the workshop/mart of europe. But we were too busy demanding the pubs reopen so people could drink and for their mental health, even though drink is very bad for mental health. We have no discipline. Instead of comparing ourselves to the Uk/us/europe we should be benchmarking ourselves against the East Asian nations

An island nation with two jurisdictions, we are part of Europe and culturally close to our British counterparts.

Utter rubbish. Even those countries failed to create this utopia.
    This is an endemic respiratory virus. None of your nannying rubbish will eliminate it. It’s time you face up to that and accepted it

He's actually not "aggressive" enough for politics.

road_high wrote: »
    This is exactly the kind of lunatic fringe we have running the country (into the ground) now.
    You stay in “your county“ if you like forever. Absolutely nothing or no one is stopping you. Just kindly keep your extremist desires out of everyone else lives and plans. Is that too much to ask?

It's a public forum I'll say whatever I want and if I say something out of line it's the mods job to reprimand me, not you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Oh. So when they update every Thursday, it will be for previous 14 days?

That's right. The cases previous to the last 14 days, would for the most part not be active. So the last 14 days is the critical numbers to follow

Are we really bringing back up the New Zealand thing.

We have a land border with a different country. We aren't New Zealand

It's a public forum I'll say whatever I want and if I say something out of line it's the mods job to reprimand me, not you

Well who’s stopping you? Absolutely no one. Just calling you out oh your extremist county rubbish. If you dont like that, then TS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Are we really bringing back up the New Zealand thing.

We have a land border with a different country. We aren't New Zealand

This nonsense gets repeated with amusing regularity despite how many times it has been explained why it won't work here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Workshop of Europe lol. Yeah we'll just start making cars and airplanes in out zero covid utopia, apart from that nasty wall we had to build up north on the birder., But Trump gave us good contacts of some builders.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement