Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIV-37,063 ROI (1,801 deaths) 12,886 NI (582 deaths) (02/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,662 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

fritzelly wrote: »
    The Times ran the infographic first. The DoH or HSE "stole" it (followed by The Times putting a copyright on it) and have now realised its better than an 18 page document they expect everyone to read

Not at all. I have Saturday's paper here. The Times ran their graphic and two pages later is the full, and clearer, version from the Department.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

rusty cole wrote: »
    the guards turned up today to stop berlin bar opening again..will they do the same with the golf club scene of golfgate??? what ever happened to that enquiry???

Policing by tiktok.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lukas8888

Elphin publican did not realise he should have been self-isolating while waiting for test https://roscommonherald.ie/2020/09/23/elphin-publican-did-not-realise-he-should-have-been-self-isolating/ he went to his pub where there was a party going on and stayed for 40 minutes he subsequently tested positive and now there are more cases in the town
    Outrage locally, it was an 18 year old birthday party with over 60 local kids publican never left the premises all night, now positive cases all over Boyle Elphin area.Parents also have questions to answer many of the party in pub were 16 and 17 year olds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Elphin publican did not realise he should have been self-isolating while waiting for test https://roscommonherald.ie/2020/09/23/elphin-publican-did-not-realise-he-should-have-been-self-isolating/ he went to his pub where there was a party going on and stayed for 40 minutes he subsequently tested positive and now there are more cases in the town

Oh my God what a gobshyte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

Week on week by age group.

Growth is not in 1-15 age group. I know some on here have an a perverse obsession with closing schools and impacting young lives even more.

They are looking in the wrong place. Young people are catching it from parents at home

527349.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,827 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

can the public object to pub license renewals?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

Should have his bar licence removed.

Make an example

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

lukas8888 wrote: »
    Parents also have questions to answer many of the party in pub were 16 and 17 year olds.

The parents probably snuck into the pub themselves when they were 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Not just teachers but school bus drivers, SNA's and school cleaners. These people are all risking a lot.

They all are indeed, and fair dues to them. Nothing but praise comes from me, and they are dealing with this looking at all the restrictions for FUN things, that do not apply to them.

Mad Ted.

Watch the schools, but they don't want us to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Gruffalox wrote: »
    Oh my God what a gobshyte

What he said was codswallop to bend the guidelines his way.

This won't be the first case of a person bending guidelines and it won't be the last either and I'm astonished how out government hasn't acted to bring in deterrents to get people to comply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Outrage locally, it was an 18 year old birthday party with over 60 local kids publican never left the premises all night, now positive cases all over Boyle Elphin area.Parents also have questions to answer many of the party in pub were 16 and 17 year olds.

23 cases in Roscommon the last 4 days are they all from that one incident I'd wonder? The Phil Hogan like excuse from that idiot pub owner takes the biscuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭branie2

RIP, the three people who passed away

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

If I could I’d build a wall around auld Donegal.
    North and south to keep them out, by god I’d build it tall.
    See those chicken ranches, I’d legalise them all.
    We’d have our own Las Vegas, in the hills of Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Whats wrong with a 16 year old being in a pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,261 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

can the public object to pub license renewals?

Yup but only in your local area and highly unlikely to be successful unless there's loads of objections included the Gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 17,484 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Not at all. I have Saturday's paper here. The Times ran their graphic and two pages later is the full, and clearer, version from the Department.

The Times did it 5 days earlier and the DoH started using it on their site

Anyway it's deviating from the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Week on week by age group.

Growth is not in 1-15 age group. I know some on here have an a perverse obsession with closing schools and impacting young lives even more.

They are looking in the wrong place. Young people are catching it from parents at home

527349.jpg

That’s great news, no evidence of spread in schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,817 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

George Lee on the news about Donegal going into lockdown...

"They're going into lockdown for another 3 weeks but I don't think that will be enough to get the numbers down".

So he's a virus expert now. I thought he was an economist but now he's a covid expert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

20,000 people at a match in Budapest tonight.. mean while in Ireland a few spectators looking over the wall on ladders.

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1309205871910555648?s=09

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Sorry if it was discussed earlier but what might the backlog be at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Blondini wrote: »
    Sorry if it was discussed earlier but what might the backlog be at the moment?
    Benimar wrote: »
    There is a 75 case difference today, along with an 80 difference yesterday.

Since Sept 10th (the last day the overall totals seemed to be the same) there is a 238 case difference.

If there isn’t a lot of retesting of previously confirmed positive cases going on then we have quite a few outstanding cases to come.

Since the 10th, announced cases have exceeded positive swabs only three times. Last Tuesday, last Friday and this tuesday....tomorrow is Friday...

Current position. May or may not be a backlog. I suspect the is some sort of one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

mfceiling wrote: »

"They're going into lockdown for another 3 weeks but I don't think that will be enough to get the numbers down".

So he's a virus expert now. I thought he was an economist but now he's a covid expert.

He is a gobsh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

mfceiling wrote: »

He is right. Donegal always say No to everything. They are always different.

They will still be in Level 3.5+ by April.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

branie2 wrote: »
    RIP, the three people who passed away

RIP and also RIP to the other 80 people who passed away today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    It’s clear that we have a lot of 5 year olds frequenting bars on the QT.

Well we were about 10/11 yrs old when we used to sneak over to the pub from school and buy crisps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    This childish portrayal of anybody who is following the recommended precautions as a curtain twitcher is wearing thin.

Jim if I saw it correctly you thanked a post that berated a group of people who did follow the restrictions.

Heard about this yesterday morning. There’s a primary school teacher involved too that has also been going to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

US2 wrote: »
    20,000 people at a match in Budapest tonight.. mean while in Ireland a few spectators looking over the wall on ladders.

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1309205871910555648?s=09

Crazy stuff. Hungary are seeing a big increase in case numbers over the last couple of weeks and then they allow this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Heard about this yesterday morning. There’s a primary school teacher involved too that has also been going to work.

Are people really that stupid or just don't give a Sh!te?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

Crazy stuff. Hungary are seeing a big increase in case numbers over the last couple of weeks and then they allow this!

Not a huge risk. Seem adequately spaced out.

The churches near me are extremely busy and very little distancing. Yet, surprisingly, less than 5 cases per 100k.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement