Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXIV-37,063 ROI (1,801 deaths) 12,886 NI (582 deaths) (02/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Jim if I saw it correctly you thanked a post that berated a group of people who did follow the restrictions.

Curtain twitcher in chief!

Steve F wrote: »
    Are people really that stupid or just don't give a Sh!te?

Both

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Not just teachers but school bus drivers, SNA's and school cleaners. These people are all risking a lot.

In my OH class, the teacher has headcold, got tested is negative but the sub that was in could have been in many other schools subbing over the last couple of weeks. She wasnt up to speed with the procedures(had kids moving between pods etc). Multiply this by every school with poor precedure enforcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

US2 wrote: »
    20,000 people at a match in Budapest tonight.. mean while in Ireland a few spectators looking over the wall on ladders.

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1309205871910555648?s=09

One of lifes many essentials, 90mins of watching sh'te in person

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

Crazy stuff. Hungary are seeing a big increase in case numbers over the last couple of weeks and then they allow this!

His post was a jibe over "overreaction" here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Watch the schools. They don't want us to, but there we go.

The Donegal outbreak is not good. But in fairness Donegal is a little fiefdom of their own, just look at the Garda history there and the myriad of car crash deaths, RIP. And they are a forgotten people UP THERE, reckon they have far more in common whether they agree or not, with places like Derry rather than Dublin.

We shall see.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,141 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Anyone decent is staying indoors 24/7 and twitching the curtain like good COVID fearing Christians.
    They’re literally twitching the proverbial curtain for things to give out about though...

Threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

The Donegal outbreak is not good. But in fairness Donegal is a little fiefdom of their own, just look at the Garda history there and the myriad of car crash deaths, RIP. And they are a forgotten people UP THERE, reckon they have far more in common whether they agree or not, with places like Derry rather than Dublin.

We shall see.

Just don't be standing outside schools staring in the windows, that **** would be just creepy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

We shall see.

That is quite frankly nonsense. The numbers are high and measures are justified but it could happen anywhere. Nothing to do with some kind of fiefdom.
    Vast majority of Donegal people took the same precautions as everyone else. All it takes is a relatively small number of individuals making bad decisions, once infection gets a foothold exponential growth starts.
    Our numbers were low all summer long.

This blame game is not helpful, when vast majority are doing their best.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

RIP and also RIP to the other 80 people who passed away today.

Was there really 80 people that died today. Puts things in a bit of perspective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lukas8888

Heard about this yesterday morning. There’s a primary school teacher involved too that has also been going to work.
    The primary school teacher is the publicans wife,and yes she went to work on Monday morning for a number of hours before all hell broke loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,484 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Anyone noticing people are starting to stop wearing masks in shops/supermarkets?
    Where it was around 95% I reckon it's down to about 80% now - in Lidl today and of about 40 people in the place saw about 6 not wearing masks, same with local spar shop - many going in with no mask and not bothering with the hand sanitizer

• Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

fritzelly wrote: »
    Anyone noticing people are starting to stop wearing masks in shops/supermarkets?
    Where it was around 95% I reckon it's down to about 80% now - in Lidl today and of about 40 people in the place saw about 6 not wearing masks, same with local spar shop - many going in with no mask and not bothering with the hand sanitizer

No the complete opposite, every shop i have been in in the limerick and clare area its 100% mask wearing. Your looked upon like a lepper if your not wearing one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Actually i thought Jim was one of the more sensible posters here. I'm surprised at his implied support of hypocrisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lukas8888

niallo27 wrote: »
    Whats wrong with a 16 year old being in a pub.

Nothing at all apart from the amount of alcohol most of them consumed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I've noticed many not using hand sanitiser but at the same time many of us carry our own and may have washed hands before going intot he shop so I don't judge. As for masks personally it's extremely seldom in my experience I see anyone indoors without one on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Was there really 80 people that died today. Puts things in a bit of perspective.

Average of 88 per day based on CSO figures from pervious years. This year the daily rate maybe higher .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Beasty wrote: »
    Threadbanned

You might say it's 'curtains' for them!

No the complete opposite, every shop i have been in in the limerick and clare area its 100% mask wearing. Your looked upon like a lepper if your not wearing one.

This is Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Do people realise that the virus isn’t *caused* by people getting up close to each other?

The amount of stuff you see online about groups not social distancing, like the party in the flats, with comments like “oh watch the numbers here next week”. Or the inverse, where there are cases somewhere that had followed guidelines down to a tee, you’ve got people saying “but they followed guidelines, how could this happen?!”

The issue is obviously we don’t know who has it. In the first example, maybe no one in the flats had it. Happy days. In the second example, the guidelines aren’t bullet proof.

It just seems like all this talk of things like “it doesn’t spread in supermarkets otherwise every staff member of Lidl would be dead” or “you can’t open the pubs, we’ll all die” both seem silly to me.

It’s just about reducing risk where possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

bb1234567 wrote: »
    I've noticed many not using hand sanitiser but at the same time many of us carry our own and may have washed hands before going intot he shop so I don't judge. As for masks personally it's extremely seldom in my experience I see anyone indoors without one on

I’ve definable seen a drop in mask wearing in shops. Sanitizer about 50% of the time used. I don’t care anymore, I’ve my own top of the range masks and carry sanitizer in my pocket, self preservation now is my focus, feck the idiots.

You might say it's 'curtains' for them!

Goddammit. Take your thanks. But I’m not happy about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

I've only seen one person in a supermarket without a mask in the last few weeks. But do notice a lot skipping the hand sanitizer, probably on some assumption the mask offers all the safety elements they need.

The impact of dirty hands and dirty masks need to be a message got across.

Happy4all wrote: »
    I've only seen one person in a supermarket without a mask in the last few weeks. But do notice a lot skipping the hand sanitizer, probably on some assumption the mask offers all the safety elements they need.

The amount of dirty masks I've seen and I'm talking of the disposable ones

Maybe I need to change to a better neighbourhood for my shopping

I carry my own. The last few times I went to my local SuperValu, you’d press the hand sanitizer and it’d be empty. Then wonder how many others had tried the same. Ugh.

The dirty mask thing is definitely an issue. Masks are required at drop off for my kids school even though it’s all outdoors, the yard gets busy enough. There’s one dad who I’m sure hasn’t washed his white mask since the 1st September. It looks like a pair of painters overalls. ****ing disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Between 80 and 100 people die every day in Ireland. Statistically Covid barely registers as a cause of death.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

It is easy to put on a mask, equally easy to use hand gel.

Don't get the rebels who don't observe at all. Rebels oh yea I forgot. And first in line for the marches too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Is this the final curtain call?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

Are you twitching with suppressed rage though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I never use the hand sanitizer in shops I don't want to touch something that hundreds of people have used.

I wash my hands and use my own sanitizer. So you should not assume people are not aware of dirty hands. Soap is much more effective anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement