Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to restore an iPhone SE without iTunes

Options
  • 23-09-2020 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

I was wondering if someone could give me a steer please.

I last used my iPhone SE in late 2018, after which it was put into storage. I dug it out last week but seem to have forgotten the passcode as I entered it incorrectly a few times and the phone now says “iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes”.

I have macOS Catalina 10.15.6 and it seems iTunes is no longer on it (I would have no other reason to use it).

So when I tried to download the latest iTunes from the app store, it said that I needed an earlier OS to install it.

So it appears I’m snookered. I would like to be able to access old messages etc. on the SE, though it wouldn't be the end of the world if I cant. I want to be able to use it as a back-up phone though.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

iTunes has been removed from the latest macOS releases.

If you plug the phone in and open a finder window you should see the phone listed there.

527167.png

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Leinster90

iTunes has been removed from the latest macOS releases.

If you plug the phone in and open a finder window you should see the phone listed there.

527167.png

Thanks for that, I can see it but when I open it, it just says “unlock your iPhone to use it with this computer.”

I would have presumed that Apple could have foreseen this situation, but seemingly not. The only available option is to eject it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Leinster90 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I can see it but when I open it, it just says “unlock your iPhone to use it with this computer.”

I would have presumed that Apple could have foreseen this situation, but seemingly not. The only available option is to eject it.

Yes they have and that is precisely why you need to put in your passcode!! Otherwise any Jack or Jill Scumbag could steal your phone, wipe it and sell it on.

Advertisement