Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir Fibre short intermittent outages?

• 23-09-2020 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Is anyone else with Eir Fibre experiencing short (10-15 min) outages on and off for the last few days? Just wondering if it's a local problem or a national one while I await a callback from their tech support (sometime in the next 48 hours apparently, some service)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭KildareP

No problems on an eir connection here (Dublin).

When it does drop, what are the first three lights on your router doing?

The first light is power.
    The second light is the DSL/VDSL sync light.
    The third is the modem online light.

Is your device still showing as connected to WiFi?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ansible

Thanks for the reply, I guess it's not a national issue then, maybe just my connection (Tipperary based).

The second light (sync) is flashing and the third light is off and if I login to the web interface the Internet Connectivity widget has a status of Not Connected.

I'm connected to the fibre modem with an Ethernet cable so no WiFi issues involved here.

And been monitoring it with smokeping to see what pattern (anything but green is packet loss, pretty bad even over last 3 hours)

smokeping.png

Advertisement