Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aikens Village - living there?

Options
  • 23-09-2020 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I am considering buying a property in Aikens Village. Looks like a nice area and seems to be well connected, maybe if anyone here lives or has recently lived there they could share their experience, what’s good and not good? Traffic getting in and out (esp at peak times), if the area is noisy or if there is any anti social behaviour etc.

Any help or insight would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

Theres hundreds of social housing units being built.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ICKTUS

Theres hundreds of social housing units being built.

I’d heard about that but didn’t know the permission went through. Do you know when they’re due to be finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

You might as well accept that in any new development there will be a quota of social housing. The days of the councils being bought off by being given a site elsewhere are gone.
    Look at the development plans for the Montrose site. Apartments for half a million being given up for social housing. I was in a site in Goatstown recently where apartments were being sold for 500 grand upwards.The social block could be spotted straightaway. Clapped out Micras in the parking space, prams on the balcony, scrotes in tracksuits going in and out or shouting up to Jacinta on the third floor. People bought in to these places not knowing this was what was coming down the line

Advertisement