Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with cancelling contract with Eir

Options
  • 23-09-2020 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Can someone please help with cancelling my phone & broadband with Eir?

I’ve spent 30+ hours trying to do this.

Poor connection for 6 weeks or more and non existent for 12 days.

I’m on hold for 20+ mins which I don’t have.

Trying to run a business and tried almost every option without success.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

is it fiber or dial up internet

https://www.eir.ie/cancellations_login.jsp

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Dmcgc32 wrote: »
    Can someone please help with cancelling my phone & broadband with Eir?

I’ve spent 30+ hours trying to do this.

Poor connection for 6 weeks or more and non existent for 12 days.

I’m on hold for 20+ mins which I don’t have.

Trying to run a business and tried almost every option without success.

If you are tied to a contract it could be tricky, if you are out of contract easier, either way use webchat. I needed to get Virgin to do something for me, and the phone was useless, 2 hours and I got shunted from pillar to post, and then they hung up. The webchat girl still took an hour but she fixed the issue. In the meantime if you need urgent connectivity while sorting this mess out, get a vodafone 4g pay as you go mobile modem.

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/broadband/mobile-broadband.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Stop the DD and sit back and wait for them to contact you. That's what I had to do once.

Vodafone are just as bad, 90 mins on the phone and nada. Ordered BB from them almost 2 weeks ago and they gave me an install date. Waited all day and of course no-one turned up and no contact. 3 days later and my order is showing as cancelled ! Are any of them serious about CS ?! Their website is a disaster to behold. Every number they provide (if you can find them that is) asks for the mobile number you're calling about !! Unreal.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Eir's mobile coverage is hopeless, same network as Three, My work phone is on Eir and the comparison with Vodafone is soo noticeable,

Advertisement