Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Siro/OpenEir FTTH ISPs - Connection Type

• 23-09-2020 7:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping to get either connected for Siro or OpenEir in our estate soon. TLI have finished their work for the Siro installation from talking to them. KN have been around doing the work for OpenEir and the next step for them is for it to be spliced.

According to the Siro website, I should have a choice of the following ISPs, the OpenEir network would probably be the same.
    • Airwire
    • Digiweb
    • Sky
    • Vodafone
    • Pure Telecom
    I'm leaning towards going with Digiweb or Airwire. My question is do any of the above ISPs put you on IPv6 or ds-lite (like Virgin used to or still do?)

The reason I ask is that I'll need to be put on IPv4 when I do get connected to properly work from home.

I've seen posts here from people who are on IPv6 with Airwire here before, but not for the others.

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

z0oT wrote: »
    I've seen posts here from people who are on IPv6 with Airwire here before, but not for the others.

Airwire provide both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, not DS-lite.

Advertisement