Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm looking for a pub in Limerick City If you can help

• 24-09-2020 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hello, I've been doing some research on the town wall fishermen of limerick and read in a book that their HQ used to be Mc Inerneys pub on Lock Quay. I'm from outta town coming down tomorrow and wondering if the pub is still there but under a different name? I don't see it listed on google maps.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Best guess would be Portleys maybe...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Most of the buildings along Lock Quay are quite modern, the only place where original buildings remain is near Baals Bridge. There are 2 bars there Portleys and The Gate Bar. It could be either.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭The Darkroom

source wrote: »
    Most of the buildings along Lock Quay are quite modern, the only place where original buildings remain is near Baals Bridge. There are 2 bars there Portleys and The Gate Bar. It could be either.

Thanks. Shame the pubs are not open so I could pop in and ask but there's always another time I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Thanks. Shame the pubs are not open so I could pop in and ask but there's always another time I suppose.

They are........

They are........

They're open now? That's great. I go in and check it out. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

They're open now? That's great. I go in and check it out. Thanks.

Let us know how you get on, I'd be interested to hear if you find it.

source wrote: »
    Let us know how you get on, I'd be interested to hear if you find it.

I didn't find it but will do more research next time I'm down. it was difficult to get everything done in 24 hours. I arrived at lunchtime Friday and left for Co.Louth at 3pm on the Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

I didn't find it but will do more research next time I'm down. it was difficult to get everything done in 24 hours. I arrived at lunchtime Friday and left for Co.Louth at 3pm on the Saturday.

Not sure if this will work

https://www.google.com/maps/@52.6661824,-8.6200247,3a,75y,126.82h,93.02t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sED_DHsJSyvtVqLdb8gLSdw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Advertisement