Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Louis Theroux documentary suggestion

• 24-09-2020 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

So it seem Louis is now asking for people to make suggestions to him for what his next documentary should be about. Who should be the subject etc....

Would love to see Louis do a proper delve into Northern Ireland (both sides of course)

Would love if he got all access to Vince McMahon also, warts and all.

Anybody else have any suggestions? If nothing was off limits

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Would love if he got all access to Vince McMahon also, warts and all.

Good suggestion, although Vince would be too busy. I'd like something on Bohemian Grove, Skull N' Bones, high level freemasonry, illuminati etc., but that's all very secretive and Louis might be on it himself.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Marilyn Manson? David Blaine? I don't know if it's been done. I should watch more Louis Theroux, only seen the Saville doc, that was interesting. What a weirdo! And Jimmy was a bit odd too. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I liked the early stuff with him visiting American weirdos that talked to aliens and stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

The Dublin Boardwalk and surrounds Heroin Epidemic. Would make his Philadelphia crime show look like a picnic. There's probably a reason though that the likes of Ross Kemp and others don't do a crime programme in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

The Dublin Boardwalk and surrounds Heroin Epidemic. Would make his Philadelphia crime show look like a picnic. There's probably a reason though that the likes of Ross Kemp and others don't do a crime programme in Dublin.

Not sure of you’re serious or not but hope you’re been sarcastic. Ross Kemp does shows in war torn countries not sure the boardwalk is going to be a step too far for him.

• Advertisement

justshane wrote: »
    Not sure of you’re serious or not but hope you’re been sarcastic. Ross Kemp does shows in war torn countries not sure the boardwalk is going to be a step too far for him.

Nobody would talk to camera here though. They'd rob it before coooperating. Kemp did shows in Glasgow, London and Liverpool that were nowhere near as grimey or violent as Dublin could be. Why is there nothing done on Dublin? There would be no shortage of material.

justshane wrote: »

The most dangerous was when Kemp went to Ciudad Juarez in Mexico. I think 19 were murdered in the few days he was there. He managed to get three young lads to talk to camera for couple of minutes but they were in trouble when a few cars drove past a couple of times. They looked very nervous and worried and stopped talking. I'd say they were dead soon after. They dont need any excuse to kill you over there so talking to a BBC tv crew was a suicide mission for the young lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

There is enough material on scientology for him to re-investiage on a near constant and regular basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,257 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Nobody would talk to camera here though. They'd rob it before coooperating. Kemp did shows in Glasgow, London and Liverpool that were nowhere near as grimey or violent as Dublin could be. Why is there nothing done on Dublin? There would be no shortage of material.

I mean, Dublin isn't great but you're absolutely mental if you think Dublin is on a par with places in Mexico and South America or even the U.S.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I mean, Dublin isn't great but you're absolutely mental if you think Dublin is on a par with places in Mexico and South America or even the U.S.

I don't. Did you not read my post on Kemp in MexicoI? I have been following the Mexican drug wars for over 10 years so there's not much about it i don't know.

Dublin is comparable to London, Glasgow and Liverpool though where many documentaries have been made.

• Advertisement
Advertisement