If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

65" LG Nanocell TV Recommendation

Options
  • 24-09-2020 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭

Hey gang,

Planning to upgrade from my old reliable LG 42LM620S.. it served me well but it must be the guts of 10 years old now.

While I love the look of them, I don’t have the budget for OLED - but I’ve been really impressed with the LG Nanocell TV's.

I see there’s two 65” on the site - the 866 and the 906:

https://www.richersounds.com/lg-65nano866na.html
    https://www.richersounds.com/lg-65nano906na.html

Which do you recommend? Bearing in mind I’m not a gamer or sports fan so refresh rate and the like isn’t much of a consideration. Mainly 4K telly on Netflix etc.

Also, two questions:
    - are these 2020 models which will be phased out or reduced shortly? I’m in no rush to buy.. as a 65” isn’t going to fit on my current TV table.. but would hate to dump over a grand on a telly only to see them reduced for BF etc.
    - with regards to smart functionality, I mainly use Emby (which I think is readily available on webOS) but I did see indication somewhere that LG didn’t renew licensing on their 2020 models for the certain catch up apps etc. Do you know much about this and if these are affected?

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Basq wrote: »
    Hey gang,

Planning to upgrade from my old reliable LG 42LM620S.. it served me well but it must be the guts of 10 years old now.

While I love the look of them, I don’t have the budget for OLED - but I’ve been really impressed with the LG Nanocell TV's.

I see there’s two 65” on the site - the 866 and the 906:

https://www.richersounds.com/lg-65nano866na.html
    https://www.richersounds.com/lg-65nano906na.html

Which do you recommend? Bearing in mind I’m not a gamer or sports fan so refresh rate and the like isn’t much of a consideration. Mainly 4K telly on Netflix etc.

Also, two questions:
    - are these 2020 models which will be phased out or reduced shortly? I’m in no rush to buy.. as a 65” isn’t going to fit on my current TV table.. but would hate to dump over a grand on a telly only to see them reduced for BF etc.
    - with regards to smart functionality, I mainly use Emby (which I think is readily available on webOS) but I did see indication somewhere that LG didn’t renew licensing on their 2020 models for the certain catch up apps etc. Do you know much about this and if these are affected?

Thanks guys!
    Hi Basq,

Thanks for the post!

The LG NANOCELL TVs are stunning panels! Both of the models above are 2020/21 models so I can't see them being replaced but with the way this year has been going I wouldn't rule anything out! I would also need to check on the Emby compatibility for you as it's not an app I've used. A lot of the catch up apps are not available on this years LGs but 3rd part apps are not something we can guarantee unfortunately!

They're both 100Hz panels with great refresh rate and 10Bit panels that support Dolby Vision but the main difference is the panel type! The 866 uses an Edge Lit panel whereas the 906 is a full array panel. This would give better contrast, brightness and colour over the 866 as it has more dimming zones! The 906 would be the best picture in my opionion!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭joe199

Need a TV over the weekend looking for a 70-75" TV the budget is 1000-1200 thanks alll

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

joe199 wrote: »
    Need a TV over the weekend looking for a 70-75" TV the budget is 1000-1200 thanks alll
    Thanks for the post joe199!

We won't be able to ship a TV out to you by the weekend but if you're looking for a great 75" TV within budget I would recommend the Samsung UE75TU8000 at £1099/1249 euro!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204564-samsung-ue75tu8000-new-t-series-75-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-with-apple-tv-app.aspx?swapstore=1

If you were to order this today you should have it with you by Wednesday!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.