Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter shoes

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

That seems strange as the cleats are in the same place in either shoe. :confused:

Depends on the shoe and pedals, slightly different position plus totally different cleat shapes. Small feet so not much space to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭54and56

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Agree. The Spatz are reserved for really, REALLY cold days! I do recommend you always were overshoes though. if water does get into the R5's, as their are no vents in the sole, the water remains in your shoes, so you end up with soggy (but warm) socks and feet.

Just by way of update I got the Fizik R5's (https://www.fizik.com/eu_en/artica-r5.html) and after breaking them in for a couple of rides I have to say I find them both comfortable and very warm. I haven't been out in the very worst conditions but expect them to be water proof providing my leggings are over and not tucked into them.

I generally won't go out if it's <4c and /or it's absolutely pi$$ing rain before I even go out (wimp I know) so I think these will do the job I need (warmth and waterproof) without the need for additional overshoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I bought a pair of NorthWave Flash TH winter shoes from someone on here a month or so back. I've worn them with regular cycling socks and Altura neoprene over shoes on several occasions since getting them and I am so pleased with them, my feet are toasty warm to the point where I had to remove the overshoes midway through cycles earlier in the month as my feet were actually too warm. I wore them yesterday in 4/5 degree temps and my feet were so nice and warm thoughout the 40km spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I got a set of Gripgrab leg gaiters that go over the boot. Haven't tried them yet so not sure how well they work but designed to stop water running down the legs into the boot. Wore them once on a showery day and water stays in the boot once it gets in and sloshes around which isn't a nice feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Paddigol

54and56 wrote: »
    Just by way of update I got the Fizik R5's (https://www.fizik.com/eu_en/artica-r5.html) and after breaking them in for a couple of rides I have to say I find them both comfortable and very warm. I haven't been out in the very worst conditions but expect them to be water proof providing my leggings are over and not tucked into them.

I generally won't go out if it's <4c and /or it's absolutely pi$$ing rain before I even go out (wimp I know) so I think these will do the job I need (warmth and waterproof) without the need for additional overshoes.

Got a pair of these recently too. Find them very good. I went down half a size but probably should have gone down a full size. Extra pair of socks does the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

54and56 wrote: »

I intend cycling tomorrow. The forecast is COLD with rain showers and a strong wind, which will make it feel even colder. I'll wearing my R5's and Spatz Tomorrow.

Advertisement