Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR increase of 100%

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

corsav6 wrote: »
    This is what I gathered from it, the simplicity plans, which most customers would be on are unaffected.

whats the Difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Its simply top up plans changing not simplicity plans,

im on Simply Unlimited Data and any Net Calls + Texts 20 euro offer is that effected ?

""We will also be discontinuing the IOU and Webtext services from December 2020"" what is that ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

im on Simply Unlimited Data and any Net Calls + Texts 20 euro offer is that effected?
    No but the fair use call minutes and SMS reduces to 3,000 of each.
    "We will also be discontinuing the IOU and Webtext services from December 2020" what is that??

IOU is a loan of credit from Eir that is paid back at next top up
    https://www.eir.ie/mobile/iou/

Web text is free SMS sent from within myeir. Recipient sees it as if sent from the phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bronkobilly

eir is stopping the 10 euro price plan and replacing it with the 20 euro price plan from 10 november

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Worst pre pay plans I've ever seen. And removed web text at same time. They must be really desperate, hoping their already dwindling customers are stupid enough to just keep on paying as they haven't arleady moved onto services with better valueplans. But theres a limit....

• Advertisement

spix wrote: »
    Worst pre pay plans I've ever seen. And removed web text at same time. They must be really desperate, hoping their already dwindling customers are stupid enough to just keep on paying as they haven't arleady moved onto services with better valueplans. But theres a limit....
    moved from eir to postmobile 15 euro a month i get texts calls and data as i moved my number over to postmobile i got a free month with them

Eir is stealing credit for those who didn't keep the ridiculous expensive plans.
    Just added a bit of credit in case of emergency and disabled the plans.
    Eir have been stealing my credit as I've been paying close attention to every call and text made.
    No data was ever enabled. I've checked the history thoroughly and it doesn't add up. I topped up by 5 euro, made 2 regular texts and <1 minute call which are showing up in the history but I was only left with 34c.
    It seems that when I topped up by 5 euro, Eir only credited me with 1 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Tesco mobile do a 15eu payg sim over 28days.

Unlimited calls to mobiles and landlines in rep. And 15gb of data. Basically as good as eir 20eu deal bar some data limits.

Will be switching in laws over.

spix wrote: »
    Eir is stealing credit for those who didn't keep the ridiculous expensive plans.
    Just added a bit of credit in case of emergency and disabled the plans.
    Eir have been stealing my credit as I've been paying close attention to every call and text made.
    No data was ever enabled. I've checked the history thoroughly and it doesn't add up. I topped up by 5 euro, made 2 regular texts and <1 minute call which are showing up in the history but I was only left with 34c.
    It seems that when I topped up by 5 euro, Eir only credited me with 1 euro.
    was with eir for a long time wen it was called meteor got a company phone and had not put credit on it in a month and a half it was turned off managed to get the number turned back on wen i put 10 euro on the sim and chose one of the pre pay price plans a week later good luck meteor op's eir ported over to post mobile better reception data and texts for 15 euro happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I think we should bring back Telecom Eireann

• Advertisement

Lantus wrote: »
    Tesco mobile do a 15eu payg sim over 28days.

Unlimited calls to mobiles and landlines in rep. And 15gb of data. Basically as good as eir 20eu deal bar some data limits.

Will be switching in laws over.

look at postmobile for 15 euro first month free if u port over your number

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

I think we should bring back Telecom Eireann

Forget that, back to P&T.:D

:)
    Mav11 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Mav11 wrote: »

They'll deliver the phone in the orange and white Renault 4 van

TheDriver wrote: »
    They'll deliver the phone in the orange and white Renault 4 van

Wen.them.vans.wer.around.there.was.no.mobile.phones

Number successfully moved from Eir after many years. Good bye Eir. You wont be missed.
    Some cheek stealing credit, cost 5 euro for 2 texts and a 1 minute call. Credit lasted 2 days. Bargain.
    Tried to get through to customer service but was greeted by a message that not enough credit to make the call.
    I could have topped up again or move to 48 and get unlimited calls, unlimited texts and 100gb data for 7.99.
    Hmmmm tough decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

How everyone is not going to GoMo or 48 is beyond me.

One price, one plan for life

Cant be beat

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

How everyone is not going to GoMo or 48 is beyond me.

One price, one plan for life

Cant be beat

I moved from GoMO, tried 48. And found both to be very unreliable in my locations. vodafone/postmobile is working out far better. More expensive but usable and reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

I'm amazed they're allowed to plaster "Unlimited" with big letters on their plans when clearly they ARE limited. This is blatant false advertisement, is there no advertising standards authority to tell them either make it really unlimited or stop lying?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,880 ✭✭✭billyhead

I switched my Mum over to Tesco mobile with a new a sim because of this increase and in order for her to use her old Eir number she is to send a verification text to her old Eir number i.e SIM to get a verification number to enter online. Her 14 day grace period only expired about 10 days ago but she can't receive texts now for find reason on her old Sim. I thought if she didn't top up every 14 days she couldn't send texts or make calls only but could receive texts and calls. Would anyone know if she will need to pay another 10 euro just to receive one verification text from Tesco?

• Advertisement

Is it still connecting to Eir and showing signal? Can it receive calls?

Normally a SIM will stay active for incoming service for a few months after last top up so shouldn't need to add any more credit to receive a text. Even a new Eir SIM with no top up can receive texts.

BTW, 48 costs 8euro per month and has same coverage as Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Vic_08

billyhead wrote: »
    I switched my Mum over to Tesco mobile with a new a sim because of this increase and in order for her to use her old Eir number she is to send a verification text to her old Eir number i.e SIM to get a verification number to enter online. Her 14 day grace period only expired about 10 days ago but she can't receive texts now for find reason on her old Sim. I thought if she didn't top up every 14 days she couldn't send texts or make calls only but could receive texts and calls. Would anyone know if she will need to pay another 10 euro just to receive one verification text from Tesco?

PAYG sims remain active for incoming calls/texts for months after the previous top-up. Bill pay sims will be cut off once the account is closed, is that what you have done?

Thanks. she didn't end her prepay contract. She just hasn't topped up after the 14 days lapsed 2 weeks ago.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

billyhead wrote: »
    Thanks. she didn't end her prepay contract. She just hasn't topped up after the 14 days lapsed 2 weeks ago.
    Eir PAYG SIMs work for five months after last top-up so there really shouldn't be an issue. What happens when you ring her number?

Quackster wrote: »
    Eir PAYG SIMs work for five months after last top-up so there really shouldn't be an issue. What happens when you ring her number?
    my eir pay as u go sim was turned off after three months for not putting credit on it

Quackster wrote: »

Even though the mobile is on when I dial it the automated answer says the number you have dialled cannot be reached at this time.

my eir pay as u go sim was turned off after three months for not putting credit on it

She last put credit on her Eir mobile a month ago for 14 days

She last put credit on her Eir mobile a month ago for 14 days

Try sending OFFER to 50104

Can you ring 1740, just to see what the automated message says.

You might need to ring them and ask what the problem is...

They might re enable the service for 24 hours to allow top up so try porting the number in that 24 hour window without adding any credit...don't mention your intention to port to Tesco.

Only add credit as a last resort, even then, top up by 5e.

My elderly Mum went to one of their branches on the Northside of Dublin today (not sure if I can mention the name) and was told their was a problem with the network and to call back into them in a couple of days or go to City West. She's no way tech savvy so I think she was just fogged off. I'm not sure what's in City West but that's miles away from where she lives.its a joke that as an elderly person she was pretty much fogged off when all she wants to do is use her old number with Tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

It's definitely still five months, or 150 days to be precise, before outgoing service is deactivated and incoming service remains active for a further 30 days.

https://www.eir.ie/prepaysummary/

Advertisement