If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

43 inch tv for movies

Options
  • 25-09-2020 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

We're thinking of the long dark days ahead, and would like to replace our 32" TV with a 43" TV. Been doing some reading, and I see that the Sony KD43XH8196BU and the Samsung QE43Q60T both come highly recommended. Would you rate either one higher for movies in particular?

I've also seen the Philips 43PUS8555 in action and the image looks really lovely. Whatever decision we make we'll be buying from yourselves as we usually do. Would love to hear your recommendations, or any TV's we might have left out that are worth considering. 

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

shnaek wrote: »
    Hi guys,

We're thinking of the long dark days ahead, and would like to replace our 32" TV with a 43" TV. Been doing some reading, and I see that the Sony KD43XH8196BU and the Samsung QE43Q60T both come highly recommended. Would you rate either one higher for movies in particular?

I've also seen the Philips 43PUS8555 in action and the image looks really lovely. Whatever decision we make we'll be buying from yourselves as we usually do. Would love to hear your recommendations, or any TV's we might have left out that are worth considering. 

Thanks!
    Hi Shnaek,

Thanks for the post!

Both the Sonys and the new Samsung QLEDs are great panels this year! I would probably go with the Sony though as it has better motion processing but also uses the Android operating system and supports Dolby Vision! The Samsungs wouldn't support Dolby Vision so I think you'd get more out of apps like Netflix and Disney Plus with the Dolby Vision compatibility!

The Philips is a great TV and also has a local dimming panel as opposed to an edge light but just for panel quality and motion I would go with the Sony!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

Hi guys,

Thanks!
    Hi Shnaek,

Thanks for the post!

Both the Sonys and the new Samsung QLEDs are great panels this year! I would probably go with the Sony though as it has better motion processing but also uses the Android operating system and supports Dolby Vision! The Samsungs wouldn't support Dolby Vision so I think you'd get more out of apps like Netflix and Disney Plus with the Dolby Vision compatibility!

The Philips is a great TV and also has a local dimming panel as opposed to an edge light but just for panel quality and motion I would go with the Sony!

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,
    That sounds great. Just looked at the specs there - the Sony has a composite input, right? Just checking as the kids are obsessed with my old PS2. Not a deal breaker but nice to have.
    Cheers,
    Sean

Hi guys,

Thanks!
    Hi Shnaek,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,
    That sounds great. Just looked at the specs there - the Sony has a composite input, right? Just checking as the kids are obsessed with my old PS2. Not a deal breaker but nice to have.
    Cheers,
    Sean
    Thanks for getting back to me Sean!

I've had a look but the specs don't mention a Composite or Component input unfortunately!

Kind regards

David

Hi guys,

Thanks!
    Hi Shnaek,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,
    Cheers,
    Sean

I've had a look but the specs don't mention a Composite or Component input unfortunately!

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

thanks for getting back to me. Yeah, it's strange, it's mentioned on some retailers websites and not on others. There isn't really a hell of a lot of info out about the TV at the moment. I might call into a local retailer just to check what's on there.

Cheers,
    Sean

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi guys,

Thanks!
    Hi Shnaek,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,
    Cheers,
    Sean

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

thanks for getting back to me. Yeah, it's strange, it's mentioned on some retailers websites and not on others. There isn't really a hell of a lot of info out about the TV at the moment. I might call into a local retailer just to check what's on there.

Cheers,
    Sean
    Hi Sean

David is off today I hope you don't mind me replying on his behalf.  I have done a bit of checking myself and it is pretty unclear if it has componant or not.

From looking at the instructions, it looks like it does, but dosen't come with the required lead
    https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/5013/18d457cfa1a225cb974c79ae6b332f37/50131481M.pdf
    Check out step 7

It present I don't have any of those TV's in the store otherwise I would just have a look at one for you

Regards Stephen

• Advertisement

Hi guys,

Thanks!
    Hi Shnaek,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,
    Cheers,
    Sean

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Cheers,
    Sean
    Hi Sean

David is off today I hope you don't mind me replying on his behalf.  I have done a bit of checking myself and it is pretty unclear if it has componant or not.

From looking at the instructions, it looks like it does, but dosen't come with the required lead
    https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/5013/18d457cfa1a225cb974c79ae6b332f37/50131481M.pdf
    Check out step 7

It present I don't have any of those TV's in the store otherwise I would just have a look at one for you

Regards Stephen
    Hi Stephen,

Cheers for that. I had a look in a store today and you are right, it's exactly like that pdf image. I'd pull the trigger on it right now if it did have the component input. Thanks for your help,

Sean

Another quick question - how would you rate the Panasonic TX40HX800B compared to the Sony? For movies in particular?
    Thanks

Another quick question - how would you rate the Panasonic TX40HX800B compared to the Sony? For movies in particular?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Hi shanek,

Thanks for getting back to me!

I still think the Sony would be your best bet for contrast and motion! They really are great panels!

Kind regards

David

Thanks
    Hi shanek,

I still think the Sony would be your best bet for contrast and motion! They really are great panels!

Kind regards

David
    Cheers David,
    Damn, that gives me a headache now :)Was about to pull the trigger on the Panasonic! Maybe I should sleep on it.

• Advertisement

Thanks
    Hi shanek,

Kind regards

David
    Cheers David,
    Damn, that gives me a headache now :)Was about to pull the trigger on the Panasonic! Maybe I should sleep on it.
    Hi Shnaek,

they're both great TVs but if you want to have a think about it give me a shout in the morning and we can go through it!

Kind regards

David

Thanks
    Hi shanek,

Kind regards

David
    Cheers David,
    Hi Shnaek,

they're both great TVs but if you want to have a think about it give me a shout in the morning and we can go through it!

Kind regards

David
    Will do,
    thanks, David.

Thanks
    Hi shanek,

Kind regards

David
    Cheers David,
    Hi Shnaek,

Kind regards

David
    Will do,
    thanks, David.
    No problem, keep me posted!

Thanks
    Hi shanek,

Kind regards

David
    Cheers David,
    Hi Shnaek,

Kind regards

David
    Will do,
    thanks, David.
    Cheers, David - I'll pull the trigger on the Panasonic. Is it best to just go to the website and order it there, or do I order it here?

Thanks
    Hi shanek,

Kind regards

David
    Cheers David,
    Hi Shnaek,

Kind regards

David
    Will do,
    thanks, David.
    Cheers, David - I'll pull the trigger on the Panasonic. Is it best to just go to the website and order it there, or do I order it here?
    Hi Shanek,

If you order via the link below we can get that processed for you asap!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204643-panasonic-tx40hx800b-40-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Let me know if you have any issues!

Kind regards

David

Thanks
    Hi shanek,

Kind regards

David
    Cheers David,
    Hi Shnaek,

Kind regards

David
    Will do,
    thanks, David.
    Hi Shanek,

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204643-panasonic-tx40hx800b-40-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Kind regards

David
    Done. Cheers, David

Thanks
    Hi shanek,

Kind regards

David
    Cheers David,
    Hi Shnaek,

Kind regards

David
    Will do,
    thanks, David.
    Hi Shanek,

Kind regards

David
    Done. Cheers, David
    Thanks so much for the order Shanek!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.