Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to price a radeon VII with faulty HDMI port

Options
  • 25-09-2020 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

HDMI port doesn't work on it(came like that out of the box) how much could I get on it if I decide to sell it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

300-350 or so, though you might get a bite at 400.

Gaming-wise, it's only at the level of the RX 5700 XT (360-400eur) however it might find a buyer simply because it has 16Gb VRAM & slightly better in productivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

I see two on eBay at a glance. 1 £450 and the other on £650. Both active auctions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

They seem to go for pretty good money. There was a guy on Adverts selling one recently for €950. Don't know what it went for but people were making offers >500.

Looking at Ebay right now there are active auctions >700 with plenty time remaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

On ebay.com the fecking things have actually appriciated in price!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

my Vega 64 had the same problem and I didn't realise and sent it back but they said it was working, they probably were using DP
    bit annoying as I had to pay for delivery to be told it works fine

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

In a few months it will be worthless as amd and nvidia's cards come out rtx 3700 costs 500 dollars. And is 50% faster than it's other cards

Can you return yours were you bought it amd
    Has known driver issues

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/306175-amd-is-investigating-black-screen-driver-issues-on-radeon-cards

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

It's not going to be worthless. Not everyone using gpu's is focusing on gaming and it's still a fine gaming card.

The 16gb of memory has value to certain workstation users.

That's an 8 month old article as well. Most of the driver issues have been fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Radeon VII is AMDs version of the Titan, and is a great value proposition for anyone doing heavy compute work. It's similar to the 3090 in that it's not really a gaming card in reality but was marketed as one.

Ebay is probably your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

ybeqcd427np51.png

Huh.

Advertisement