Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broadcast on behalf of the Ministry of Truth : The Late Late Show 25/09/2020

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Tubridy reminds me of a curious and annoying 3 year old child..

Why, why, yes, why, yes, yes..why?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Next up...........A statue in memory ....Jesus enough already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Tandey

Mister misery has lots of company tonight.

Book Pluggggggggg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭bigroad

Do the family have some connection to Rte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I hope this report comes out soon, I know it has been delayed because of challenges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Niamh was a central part of Wexford's backroom team and 96, and is very highly regarded by the players to this day. Legend

If I ever meet Ryan and he utters that word, gorgeous, he’ll get an almighty kick in the bollix!

I now feel agrieved for the other people who were on the helicopter...............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Report first circulated nearly a year ago...
    The Air Accident Investigation Unit circulated a 333 draft version of the final report into the crash in November 2019.The report was delayed, prompting a review - the first in the 25 year history of the AAIU.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Irish_Coast_Guard_Rescue_116_crash

• Advertisement

Stop fawning Tubs...FFs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

bigroad wrote: »
    Do the family have some connection to Rte.

There was a programme on Rte rescue 117. Was interesting. The crew that died were on it.

M

Lol, Keith is having fun, up the Dubs.

I'd say the insurance company that replaced the helicopter will want to see that report soon.

They said the navigation needed updating.
    Even so a map check might have helped.

I'm puzzled why the crew wasn't already familiar with the distinct landforms in that area, seeing they were using that low let-down procedure out over a sea with obstacles. It must be one that was in use by all the crews. Were they not familiar with it by day, is what I am wondering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

NOT CARK!

Lol, Keith is having fun, up the Dubs.

House party

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Hearing a man shouting joyously after hearing a woman talk about the death of her sister is a bit jarring.

Did they not all die in the crash or was it just this Darragh person?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Keith cheered in celebration that this miseryfest is over :D

Nos da, stay safe :)

M

Night all, off to watch Long Way Up, it's ok so far, a little too eco focus on it that's not really needed though.

I'd say the insurance company that replaced the helicopter will want to see that report soon.

Someone will be on the hook so to speak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I now feel agrieved for the other people who were on the helicopter...............

Careful now

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭SeedySam22

Tubs picks on the misery client like a big scab until he gets blood and tears

Tandey wrote: »

Get out front under that rock!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭maebee

Winch operator Paul Ormsby and winch man Ciáran Smith bodies never recovered, terrible for their families, no real closure or place to mourn.

It's desperately sad but doesn't belong on a weekend "Entertainment Show", imo

They all died, but she was the chief crew member and most senior rescue pilot of all in the crews.

I'm puzzled why the crew wasn't already familiar with the distinct landforms in that area, seeing they were using that low let-down procedure out over a sea with obstacles. It must be one that was in use by all the crews. Were they not familiar with it by day, is what I am wondering.
    Yes some audible warning was ignored and maybe a bit of over confidence.
    It will all come out in the wash anyway.

Jean on the weather cheered me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Hearing a man shouting joyously after hearing a woman talk about the death of her sister is a bit jarring.

In fairness it's quite likely they could have been watching something else.

The whole idea of calling up someone to tell them they won the prize after that sort of segment and expecting them to be enthusiastic and happy about it is just so inappropriate and ridiculous.

• Advertisement
    M

maebee wrote: »
    It's desperately sad but doesn't belong on a weekend "Entertainment Show", imo

Especially not on one where every single guest has a misery piece, every single one I mean jaysus. Are they trying to get Masserys or Jennings to run ads on the show or sponsor it?

walshb wrote: »
    Get out front under that rock!

I don’t pay much attention to (bad)news. It doesn’t affect me so I don’t need to know about deaths that have no bearing on me. I try to enjoy my life with those around me, life is too short not to.

I don’t pay much attention to (bad)news. It doesn’t affect me so I don’t need to know about deaths that have no bearing on me. I try to enjoy my life with those around me, life is too short not to.

I’m the same..

But this was front page news for quite a while..

On all mediums!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭gussieg

The late late show sponsored by Rip.ie

They all died, but she was the chief crew member and most senior rescue pilot of all in the crews.

The woman on the show didn’t seem to acknowledge the other crew members whatsoever strangely enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

On the RTE web page now.
    Jedward have said they want people to be "more caring and more thoughtful" of those around them by "following the guidelines, washing our hands, wearing our masks."

It's sh1te like this that really annoys me. They use these useful idiots to parrot the Government line cos it suits them. If they were saying not to wear masks, RTE would never have them on the Late Late and the story on the RTE web page would be saying "wtf do these eejits know about epidemiology and medicine". But because they are saying the right thing they are to be taken as medical experts.

walshb wrote: »
    I’m the same..

But this was front page news for quite a while..

On all mediums!

Fair enough. I used to listen to the radio quite a bit on way and returning home from work. Now it’s just podcasts of hobbies I have or things that interest me.

Seems it was an accident waiting to happen, and the aviation authority comes out of it badly for not having more thoroughly overseen the navigational information supplied to the search & rescue operation. But of course, a thorough visual familiarity with the terrain on set approaches would have been an asset that might have prevented the accident. But of course I don't know how the navigation system and programmed approaches work, are they pre-programmed autopilot approaches that should have been dependable or pilot programmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I see that the anti COVID crowd seemed to believe that Dr Fauci actually was in studio in rte tonging and turned up at rte. How stupid are they ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

SeedySam22 wrote: »
    Tubs picks on the misery client like a big scab until he gets blood and tears

And a horn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

And a horn.

I was half expecting to see him fiddling himself when they cut to him a few times there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I see that the anti COVID crowd seemed to believe that Dr Fauci actually was in studio in rte tonging and turned up at rte. How stupid are they ?

Stupid is as Stupid does.

1. A person's lack of intelligence may be judged by their actions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

What was the interview with Fauci like, I presume it was just Trump bashing? I'd watch, but actually looking at the man makes me sicker than COVID at this stage.

Advertisement